Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davidcu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, multiple phone calls and emails over several months. Not sure what he is up to but it seems he is communicating with others but not me. Hopefully he is just overwhelmed with business and will get back to me sooner or later! Thanks for the reply. Confused
76 Scirocco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The parts I ordered from Scott were exactly the NOS parts he descirbed. Packed well ,shipped and delivered on time. I wouldn't hesitate to order anything else I need from him.
Thanks Again. Smile
DougB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many good reviews here for GS but I must say, I think by now I could have dug the iron ore, constructed my own smelter and cast the parts I ordered myself...geez, my orders are taking forever and a day (definitely going on 2 months now for the first order). Scott sounds like an upstanding guy, but with the growing success of the business it sounds like he needs more, quality help. The delays here are really making me rethink my order.

Davidcu, if it makes you feel better he's definitely not communicating with me, either Wink

- Doug
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DougB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called twice today...first time, no answer (just kept ringing)...redialed the same number and got their answering machine. Left a message. Basically I paid via PayPal 2 months ago (for the first order...1.5 months ago for the second), so they actually have several hundred of my hard earned dollars.

I love their site, and the product kits they advertise...but if they never arrive at your door, or you can't get any reliable information from the owners, what does that say to customers?

I've never had an issue with BusDepot or GoWesty like I'm currently having with BusBoys and German Supply. :-/

Gonna go into to PayPal to see what recourse I may have with these orders...didn't want to have to do that...all I wanted was a status update.
'41 Zundapp KS600
'55 Puch SGS250
A very, very understanding wife
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DougB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still nothing from Scott after calling and emailing last week. This guy has really gone silent. I contacted PayPal but they seem like they'll be little help. My word of advice to anyone ordering from GS is to use a credit card, not PayPal, for the transaction. You'll likely have more recourse through a credit card...PayPal transfers the cash, takes their cut and wants to wash their hands of the entire transaction. I'll be calling GS today as many times as it takes to talk to someone to get this resolved. What a shame, but I guess it goes to show that any fly-by-night operation can put up a website and offer nice products, but the winners are those that actually deliver. Not so for GS.

- Doug
'41 Zundapp KS600
'55 Puch SGS250
DougB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a chance to talk with Scott...and am more reassured now. He gave me a reasonable delivery timeframe and clearly knew my order and everything in it. I managed to pick a set of items that happen to take them a while to produce, so that was the explanation...and he's right...lots of individually measured and cut items. Now that I've been able to speak with him realtime I feel better about waiting another week longer.
'41 Zundapp KS600
'55 Puch SGS250
67ghiapdx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: GErman Supply lack of response??? Reply with quote

I purchased a brake proportioning valve for my 77 bus about 6 weeks ago...Scott said they had it in stock and would ship it the next week. When I call 2 weeks later after not receiving it, I talked to a woman who said that it was backordered and would be shipped the next week. I called 2 weeks later and not receiving it and haven't received a call back or responses to emails I've left, (2 or 3 or them). What gives? Did these guys go on vacation or out of business? I am upset because they already billed my credit card but haven't sent the part or responded to my inquiries...any ideas out there on this?

L Miller
Portland
DougB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, because many of the kits and other parts that GS stocks are made in-house, just being patient seems to be the best bet. I know that can be hard to swallow...but there are many folks on this thread who had to wait months for what they ordered, but were ultimately VERY satisfied with the parts when they arrived. I know how you feel, though.
'41 Zundapp KS600
'55 Puch SGS250
67ghiapdx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: hurry up and wait Reply with quote

emailed Scott and left another phone message...still nothing...I read through this entire thread and found many people with the same concerns...hard to be patient when someone already has my hard earned money and has given me no feedback about the time or even if the part will be shipped...seems a very odd way to do business, but with obsolete parts, what else can be do?
curtis4085
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loosing faith.

Hate posting here as Scott is a great resource when firing on all cylinders.

Lesson #1 DO NOT BUY FROM THIS VENDOR!!! Unless you can afford to wait months for your parts.

Lesson #2 READ LESSON #1

Has been 7 weeks since my last order and since February waiting for some connectors on back order,, there is another order in the middle here as well. These same items I could have purchased myself threw other vendors and had to my door in two weeks tops. I have called and emailed so many times I cannot remember just asking for estimate on delivery. Just a month or year I could expect them,, anything. No response to calls or emails.

Have spent many many hundreds of dollars,, probably into the thousands,, have handed out countless referrals for him and yet I cannot even get a email to follow up. Disappointed to say the least.

How about a phone call or email at the least. Please!!
curtis4085
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

curtis4085 wrote:
Loosing faith.

Lesson #1 DO NOT BUY FROM THIS VENDOR!!! Unless you can afford to wait months for your parts.

Lesson #2 READ LESSON #1

Has been 7 weeks since my last order and since February waiting for some connectors on back order,, there is another order in the middle here as well. These same items I could have purchased myself threw other vendors and had to my door in two weeks tops. I have called and emailed so many times I cannot remember just asking for estimate on delivery. Just a month or year I could expect them,, anything. No response to calls or emails.

Have spent many many hundreds of dollars,, probably into the thousands,, have handed out countless referrals for him and yet I cannot even get a email to follow up. Disappointed to say the least.

Update:

Spoke with Michelle threw email today. Apparently they are very back logged. Busy summer small shop. The skinny is they apologized for the delay and offered the parts next week or a refund. Of course I wanted the parts. Waited this long, so to think they may come in a week seems like a blessing.

They always say the good things in life are worth waiting for. Note to self: Order 3 months in advance of any projects requiring GermanSupply parts or call and request order to be filled by specific date.
Bob Loblaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only ordered from German Supply a couple of times. Mostly little things. Got them within a week, no problems.
curtis4085
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curtis4085 wrote:
curtis4085 wrote:
Loosing faith.

Lesson #2 READ LESSON #1

Update:

Spoke with Michelle threw email today. Apparently they are very back logged. Busy summer small shop. The skinny is they apologized for the delay and offered the parts next week or a refund. Of course I wanted the parts. Waited this long, so to think they may come in a week seems like a blessing.

They always say the good things in life are worth waiting for. Note to self: Order 3 months in advance of any projects requiring GermanSupply parts or call and request order to be filled by specific date.

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

This vendor is a liar and has horrible service. 5 months later I finally got my order with parts missing. Back ordered?? Please it's a hose from GeeBee. Why not tell me moths ago your not getting this? So I have to send multiple emails to get a response only to find out. Well we will refund your money but that's gonna be a couple of weeks!!! What. This vendor is total crap.

If anyone wants the hard to find parts that Scott seems to say he only can get PM me. I can get all the parts he can and them some at cheaper prices. All his kits he sells. Save your money. pM me can get you the vendor contact so you can save a boat load.

I will leave with this. I have spent thousands with Scott and every purchase took months to get. This year it's much worse. No customer service.. No follow thru. Nothing. Might as well just burn your money or flush it down the toilet as you will get more results that way then dealing with Scott.
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got mt T-4 exhaust gaskets. Much better quality than anything I can get local. I talked to Scott before I ordered to make sure about the pieces. It took about a week and a half to arrive. I've bought from Scott in the past and will do so again.
curtis4085
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

babysnakes wrote:
I just got mt T-4 exhaust gaskets. Much better quality than anything I can get local. I talked to Scott before I ordered to make sure about the pieces. It took about a week and a half to arrive. I've bought from Scott in the past and will do so again.

I could have pointed you to quality parts local. Beleive me Scott's not the only one to get quality parts.

Your lucky you only spent few bucks for some real easy to find gaskets. If it were hose or god for bid something you could buy direct from GeeBee that Scoott just repackaged and sells you would be waiting months.

I respect your opinion babysnakes but its misleading to the many many others that have had Scott hold them hostage for months just waitig to find out if there order will ever ship. Most then will experience the worst customer service ever.

Just sit and wait months for and order to after the send it 5 months later oh sorry that easy to get part will be another couple monts out. Yet I can get this part in less than a week. I you want a refund by the way that could take two weeks.

These guys need to stop telling lies. I believe Scott uses customers money for other projects. Barrowing from Peter to pay Paul. Why else does it take 3-5 months to fill a fuel/vac hose order and yet gasket go out in a week. Shot connectors I bought took almost 6 months.

Another of many examples of Scott's inept ability to follow threw. Over the phone during one of many inquirey about my orders. He mentioned condensors I bought, that he only had one of the 4 i wanted and other would need connectors changed and then he would send those, waited months to only get an invoice with a refund. Why say your going to do something and not.

So it really doesn't matter if you speak to tem directly or order over the net your playing Russian roulette with your money. At the very least you will be waiting for weeks if not months for something you can get from a vendor who cares.
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you Curtis. I have dealt with Scott in the past, shipping took a bit longer than expected, but I was cool with it. I'm sorry you had a bad time, but I really cannot find the quality I got from him locally. I've been VDubbin in S. Fla since the late '70's, an the guys down here like to sell the cheapest Chinese crap they can find these days.So local here seems it ain't the same as local in your neck of the woods.
curtis4085
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babysnakes wrote:
I hear you Curtis. I have dealt with Scott in the past, shipping took a bit longer than expected, but I was cool with it. I'm sorry you had a bad time, but I really cannot find the quality I got from him locally. I've been VDubbin in S. Fla since the late '70's, an the guys down here like to sell the cheapest Chinese crap they can find these days.So local here seems it ain't the same as local in your neck of the woods.

If you ever need quality parts PM me I have connections Wink

I can name a dozen vendors that can get the same quality parts as Scott. These vendors actually care about turn around and are happy to ship ASAP. They are also kind enough to let you know if something is back ordered. You never will be waiting for months only to have your order show missing items.
jgillis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Great Parts! Reply with quote

I've purchased parts from Scott a couple of times. Very high quality stuff! I've got other items in my wish list that I haven't seen anywhere else. Lack of $$s is the only thing stopping me. Thanks, Scott!
MaritimeBay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my experience with GS.

I ordered a couple of kits and other random items from them around mid-October. I sent them an e-mail about two and half weeks later to confirm that my order was shipped but didn't receive a response. I did, however, receive the order about a week ago. There were a couple things missing so I e-mailed them and got a response within a day. The missing parts came in the mail today and overall I am reasonably pleased with the business I've done with them. The parts appear to be of good quality, and the kits were well-designed. For Canadians especially, they seem to be one of the only vendors selling quality parts where you won't have to remortgage the house to cover shipping costs.

I'd recommend them if you're looking for good parts, but not always good parts fast. Heh, I think they could almost hire a part-time communications person to deal with all the e-mails they get!
EasternNotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a set of seat belt re-tractors from Scott @ G.S. and communication was prompt, he also gave me shipping options. Got my parts in a week and everything was as described. Would buy from again.
1969 Fastback
1989 Doka AFN TDI
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Page 8 of 13

Jump to: