Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

germansupplyscott - [email protected] - German Supply
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
legbuh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did call a few weeks ago and Scott picked up the phone right away. He said one hose was on backorder but he just got it.

Still nothing. Emailed again (I know they read them) and mentioned if I didn't hear from them or get the items withing a couple weeks I would just cancel the order and tell PayPal to refund.

I'm going to give it one more week.

As a small business owner who bends over backwards for his customers I honestly find this a little confusing, especially from someone with so much to offer and gain from this community.
legbuh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, one good thing.. I did a dispute on PayPal and it was about a week later that Germansupply must have said ok to the refund... At least they were honest and got the email from PayPal and responded to that.

I wish SO MUCH that it didn't have to go that way. I had so much promise for so many things from their site.

Oh well... back to replacing things "as they fail" I guess. Smile
rcroane Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like others, I wish I had checked this feedback before ordering from German Supply. I placed an order for open barrel spade terminals on 8/29/15. Paid with PayPal. They shipped 25% of the order and said the others were on backorder. After many excuses ("we're a small business, just the two of us", etc), they assured me that I would receive my order on 10/20/15.

Still nothing as of today and no response to my emails. These guys are expensive and shipping is a fortune to the US. Definitely don't get what you pay for with these guys.

I will pursue through PayPal and my bank.
rcroane Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update....threatened legal action and got a partial refund.

I'm done with these guys. I don't know how they stay in business.
k00k
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

Same as others, wished I'd checked this thread first! Placed order for an output shaft seal for the steering box on my 75 kombi and have heard nothing in 4 days. They have to contact me so we can work out shipping charges so I know my orders sitting there going nowhere. I'm in Perth, Australia, about as far away from Canada as you can get so I don't imagine I'll be getting attention anytime soon. I'm going to send them emails everyday for a week, then I'll get a refund from the bank.
Places like this should be shut down...
k00k
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

Update as well, I've not heard from them for over 3 weeks since I placed an order on the 8th of Dec. I know they've not shipped the goods as they still haven't provided a shipping quote. My bank has now refunded my money and will be contacting germansupply to get their money back. I'm just another unhappy customer who will never use them again...
TheGansMann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

I placed an order at the beginning of the month and have heard nothing back from them. I sent my last email to them before I do a charge back. I will be posting an update on how the situation pans out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

Had a good transaction - ordered twice, received all of my parts in excellent condition.

Communication was fast (typically replied within 24 hours), parts were shipped quickly and tracking information was provided relatively quickly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zh007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

I placed an order for a fuel line kit December 7th, and paid for expedited shipping. Shame on me for thinking that would get me the parts by the weekend. (Note, I was informed by phone call at this time that the fuel filters were out of stock and that that component of my order would be backordered).

On Dec 14th, I had not received any tracking so I emailed asking for it and received a quick response that I would have tracking by the end of the day.
The next day Dec 15th, I had not received tracking so I emailed again. No response.
The following day, Dec 16th, with still no response, I emailed again. No response.
The morning of Dec 17th, I emailed again asking for the promised tracking. No response
The afternoon of Dec 17th, I emailed again. No response.
Finally, on Dec 18th, I received a tracking number.
The items arrived on the 19th.

Fast forward to February. I still have not received the backordered fuel filter.
I emailed on February 17th asking about status. Guess what? Yep! No response.
I emailed again today, March 11th. No response (yet - the day's not over!)

It doesn't bother me much that it took a week and a half for most of my order to show up, or that over three months later, I still don't have the backordered fuel filter. But what bothers me is the poor communication. It's a simple thing. Respond to an email. Parts not in stock? Fine. Tell me!

Scott seems like a nice, knowledgable guy, as I've gleaned from his posts here. However, it's quite unlikely that in the future I will subject myself to having to do this much work just to get an order fulfilled. There are too many other vendors with the same parts that would happily take my money and ship me product.
k00k
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just to update my post a few posts up, they finally contacted me on the 9th of Feb, 2 months after I placed my order. This is their response below

"We apologize but this order seems to have gone into suspense due to no shipping charges paid. The order has been picked and ready to ship for some time."

What a load of bollocks. I couldn't pay the shipping because I was waiting on them to tell me what the shipping cost is. I will never use them again. Rating 0/10
Grahamd88
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

2/18/16 - ordered Aux battery kit
3/9/16 - sent email to Scott for a tracking number
3/10/16- called after reading this thread to make sure he got my email, Scott answered and said they are building the kits now and I should have it in a week
3/18/16- nothing received in the mail, sent another email asking for the tracking number

I have still gotten no response from Scott, bummed because I was really looking forward to using their kit to install a second battery.

Scott, if you see this please update! Confused
mrcool
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

I should have read feed back....

- Ordered March 04 2016
- Added a couple things to my order March 16th 2016. Was told it would be ready to ship in 4 days.
- April 6th - Emailed about order with no response
- April 13th - Emailed about order with no response.
- April 18th - Paypal dispute filed.

If there was any response at all I wouldn't have taken action through paypal/my credit card

If you do not receive your items in 30 days open a claim.

EDIT:
Of course today I received the package when I got home. But all is NOT good. I have a partial order. More than half of my items are missing. One item was even marked with the qty of 1 instead of 2 but it isn't even in the box. I have emailed Scott today and will update this post with the results.
curtp07
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

Have used Scott multiple times. Sure, my orders aren't filled immediately and I had to wait a couple weeks. He contributes quite a bit here, and has hard to find neat stuff. And I'm sure he doesn't make millions off VWs so I get it.

Everything is top quality.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

I have always had good luck with Scott. Normally I call him on the phone until I get him. The reason is he sometimes gets hundreds of e-mails a day asking if he has this or that and what shipping would be. As for expedited shipping - Scott is in Canada and we are here. Customs can hold things up in ways German Supply has no control over.
THall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

Very happy with a recent order, shipped quickly and great communication.

Thank you Scott!
boogerweld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

I will never use German Supply or recomend to anybody. Ordered 2 dual battery relays. Waited over a month before I emailed asking for update. No response. Called and was told they had 1 relay and had to build the other harness, I said I could wait a little longer.....much more time goes by and 0 communication from German Supply. I call and say just ship the 1 in stock and refund me my 30 something dollars. One relay comes in mail...never get refunded and just happy to be done dealing with flakes. If you can't supply what customers pay for and cannot communicate you should NOT be in business.
mrcool
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

mrcool wrote:
I should have read feed back....

- Ordered March 04 2016
- Added a couple things to my order March 16th 2016. Was told it would be ready to ship in 4 days.
- April 6th - Emailed about order with no response
- April 13th - Emailed about order with no response.
- April 18th - Paypal dispute filed.

If there was any response at all I wouldn't have taken action through paypal/my credit card

If you do not receive your items in 30 days open a claim.

EDIT:
Of course today I received the package when I got home. But all is NOT good. I have a partial order. More than half of my items are missing. One item was even marked with the qty of 1 instead of 2 but it isn't even in the box. I have emailed Scott today and will update this post with the results.

It has been too long to edit my post. Above is what I originally wrote.

I ended up receiving everything but it took several more emails and a total of 3 packages. 1st package arrived missing items. The 2nd package was supposed to have everything but didn't. Third package arrived with the remaining items.

I ordered Early/Mid March and ended up with everything in May... In this time I have received 2 orders from GOWesty and even one from Bus Lab that is notoriously slow. This would be fine if there was ANY communication. I did receive one really fast response when paypal accidentally went through with the credit card charge back, which I have since cancelled. Then several quick responses when we were trying to figure out how to cancel the charge back. I asked them why my order went so wrong after the financials were sorted and received no response...

It makes it really hard to buy anything from them when they don't give a shit about customer service. I asked what went wrong to try and give their side of the story here but I guess they just don't care. With how many bad reviews are here and how many people keep trying to buy from them I guess they have a sweet deal going on and just don't have to worry about their reputation. Not a good reason to have garbage customer service.
Mr.West
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

Purchased a fuel line replacement kit on August 4th. I paid for the expedited shipping so I could hopefully receive the kit within a week.

After 10 days of nothing I called and inquired as to what happened to my order.

I ended up being told I would get a call back about the status of my order. I never received a call back.

I ended up getting delivery of my kit 20 days after I placed my order.

I have called/emailed numerous times to get a refund on the shipping cost as I paid for something I did not receive. I have not gotten any response to date.

I would recomend going else where for your VW parts as these guys have no ethics.

1978 Automatic Champagne II Westfalia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chrisflstf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

I ordered some 911 swivel feet in may - no parts yet. I have been told 3x they are shipping and you will have next week. Will never go back to these guys again! Time to file a claim with the credit card company
Bminorguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: germansupplyscott - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ordered a starter bolt for 73 automatic on Monday, in my mailbox on Friday.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: