Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official good deal on Buses or parts topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 378, 379, 380 ... 507, 508, 509  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Tahlequah wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Enkiel wrote:
dawerks wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1968222

Free bus!!

(Or 15K worth of free parts/labour). This is the bus for someone who wants something worked on by a shop, documented and looks ready to go. Plus dormy!!

Probably the fairest/best deal in the classifieds (buses) right now.

would probably be gone faster with more picture of the actual bus, and less of his bills...

Agreed in general but it doesn't matter in this case, price is good enough that it will sell instantly unless there is something seriously wrong.

Fantastic deal!

He has a link to lots of pictures. I like the bus . The interior is a little rough and the rear floors are shot but still a smoking deal. he sent me a picture of the m code plate but i couldn't find anything that verifies that it is real. it just came up as a w/t panel with north american equipment, mud and snow tires. I dont know. maybe the westy perverts can shed some light on this
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bastardbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

chris henry wrote:
Tahlequah wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Enkiel wrote:
dawerks wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1968222

Free bus!!

(Or 15K worth of free parts/labour). This is the bus for someone who wants something worked on by a shop, documented and looks ready to go. Plus dormy!!

Probably the fairest/best deal in the classifieds (buses) right now.

would probably be gone faster with more picture of the actual bus, and less of his bills...

Agreed in general but it doesn't matter in this case, price is good enough that it will sell instantly unless there is something seriously wrong.

Fantastic deal!

He has a link to lots of pictures. I like the bus . The interior is a little rough and the rear floors are shot but still a smoking deal. he sent me a picture of the m code plate but i couldn't find anything that verifies that it is real. it just came up as a w/t panel with north american equipment, mud and snow tires. I dont know. maybe the westy perverts can shed some light on this

M-code plate says WT panel? It looks like a kombi from the pics but my eyes are getting old. I had a real so-44 dormo westy and they used kombi bodies with belly pans like sunroof buses to strengthen them for lack of metal up top. Did this one have belly pans...if not that is an easy dead give away.

BTW I wonder how "authentic" that bill of sale is....take a look at some of those charges...they are absolutely ludicrous. $15K worth of labor and parts...some serious artist license taken.
Samba Member #95
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

I looked a little closer at the pics and sure enough the jalousie windows are not in window frames, they are cut in like a panel. Most likely not an original dormobile.

Good deal diminishes
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

It is a panel, with windows added. Seen this bus at local shows, for many years. No belly pans and all camper stuff was added to it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
It is a panel, with windows added. Seen this bus at local shows, for many years. No belly pans and all camper stuff was added to it.

Yea.. no belly pans in the pictures. Still a cool bus for the price just not the smoking deal we thought it was
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

i can't comment on whether it's a good deal or not but it's certainly one-of-a-kind

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1968933

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuņado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Not necessarily a good or bad deal but it is rare. Maybe we need a thread for just rare.

Mauser bowl for westy, $295.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1970629

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

No, that is not a desirable Mauser bowl. Laughing
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

please don't show me a "rare" mauser laundry basket...
joefriday
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Reposted. Nice bus at what I think is still a very fair price. I wish it was closer.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1967808
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

My apologies, I was wondering about the handles.

Erik G wrote:
please don't show me a "rare" mauser laundry basket...

sled wrote:
No, that is not a desirable Mauser bowl. Laughing

LAGrunthaner wrote:
Not necessarily a good or bad deal but it is rare. Maybe we need a thread for just rare.

Mauser bowl for westy, $295.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1970629

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1976168
try to buy any of these clapped out 15 windows that are for sale on here for 25-30k and make it look like this and i'm sure you will have way more then 65k in it
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

chris henry wrote:
try to buy any of these clapped out 15 windows that are for sale on here for 25-30k and make it look like this and i'm sure you will have way more then 65k in it

Someone reported this ad to say this Bus has had some serious repairs made to it, including a clipped-in VIN and no M-code plate.
I told him to post whatever details in here based on what he knows.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
chris henry wrote:

Someone reported this ad to say this Bus has had some serious repairs made to it, including a clipped-in VIN and no M-code plate.
I told him to post whatever details in here based on what he knows.

It looks very nice.. If it has had major repairs done the person doing them was good. Of course a walk around would tell the whole story
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1977504
I know this bus, its a great bus, someone should grab it as fast as they can. I'm not friends with the seller but he we used to be.
1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Red Fau Veh wrote:
I know this bus, its a great bus, someone should grab it as fast as they can. I'm not friends with the seller but he we used to be.

Already pending. What was the ask?

That is a really nice bus. I remember when he found it. I think I have some shots of it when still on the trailer many years ago.
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

It was 19.8k OBO
Long-roofs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Red Fau Veh wrote:

Already pending. What was the ask?

That is a really nice bus. I remember when he found it. I think I have some shots of it when still on the trailer many years ago.

Here are a couple photos of it when still in Montana:

"No, I do not own a bleepin' leaf blower"

--
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Found one of my photos, too.

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Red Fau Veh wrote:

Nice Bus, not surprised someone jumped on it.

So you broke up? Smile
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 378, 379, 380 ... 507, 508, 509  Next
Jump to:
Page 379 of 509

Jump to: