Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

engine install
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
64squarepanel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: engine install Reply with quote

I know I'm probably just missing something stupid, but I can't get my engine to mate with the trans. I've pulled/installed many engines, many times, but for some reason, I can't get this thing to go all the way in.

I've got the two lower studs in, but I can't get the engine to go all the way. I've tried pushing the clutch in, rotating the engine, but can't get it in. Is it just the splines not lining up?

Any ideas are appreciated. I've got my car up on stand and all my tools outside and I'm getting pretty frustrated...

Thanks guys,

- Jason

www.altaredlife.com
BSQUARE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

assuming it's the same engine you pulled out
the only trouble i've ever had with an engine install has been the pilot shaft splines not lining up. maybe you're trying to put it in at a slight angle? too high/low?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
64squarepanel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: engine install Reply with quote

Hey bsquare,

Yeah, it's the same engine. I think you're right. I've been at this for over an hour (just trying to the engine in) and am at my wit's end. I'll give it another try.

Thanks again.

www.altaredlife.com
Mr. Bubblehead
El Chupa Nibre

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the clutch disc centered on the flywheel? If it's not then you will never get the engine to mate with the trans.
Samba Member #4862
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
64squarepanel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply guys. Yeah, it was just the pilot shaft splines not lining up. I ended up putting the car on the ground and it went right in. Thanks again for the help!

www.altaredlife.com
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: