Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

mike moses - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: mike moses
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
javedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: I bought a Ragtop Mechanism from him Reply with quote

I finally received the rag mechanism, it took a lot of time to get here (arizona) maybe 50 days, Mike took his time to ship it and besides there was a mistake or something on the delivery adress.. i dont complain as finally i get the item i paid for ¡¡¡ i was not in a hurry so its fine by me... But if u are in a hurry think it twice.... Regards
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vw Folks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On June 3rd I paid for a parcel tray that was described as,"in nearly perfect condition". It was to ship from southern ca to northern ca. This usually takes 2 days. When I next asked Mike about the tray it was the 10th. He told me that he had dropped it off with the shipper on his way to work. Then on the 17th of June he told me, after repeated attempts to find the whereabouts of the package, that he had found it in the back of his wife's suburban.( didn't he already ship it on his way to work?). After many attempts to get Mike to send me the part I had paid for a month prior, I finally did receive the part. It is in no way "near perfect". One of the 4 nuts that hold it in place is broken off and there are no mounting screws.
If I had known it would have turned into such an ordeal I would never have done it. I will not purchase from him again, and if you plan to you should beware.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NUG637
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought a "rebuilt" set of 36mm dellorto's and am very disappointed. as advertised as rebuilt and preset ready to drive… straight out of the box grit and hair all through them…. pulled them down and there is no way in hell these were "rebuilt" the only new gasket on the carbs are the fuel pump diaphragm and even that was bugger, with it not being installed correctly. Not happy…

Only thing good about the deal was the shipping

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

NUG637
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep… still enjoying my "rebuilt" carbs Rolling Eyes

CALIFORNIA WESTYS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: vw bus radio Reply with quote

i paid for radio never got it this guy its crook
buyer bewere Evil or Very Mad
RJ'sVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,looks like I have possibly become his next victim,paid $250 for a radio that needs repair and was supposed to come with a parts radio to repair it.Mike was very quick with email responses in the buying process and after I paid him,he said he would send out "tomorrow",that was on Oct 31st,I had asked him to email me the tracking #.I never heard from him,so I emailed him during the following week twice on Tuesday Nov,4th to inquire if he had sent them and tracking #,he finally did respond said he tried to send it today,but the line was to long and he would try again tomorrow,I said okay,please let me know that it has been sent and tracking #.That was the last response,I have emailed him 4 times now on Nov,8,9 &10,with no response,yet I see he visits the site,yet ignores my emails,it has been 12 days now with no indication that the radios have ever been sent, replies from Mike have ceased,so I can assume he has taken my money and appears to plan to keep it without sending me the radios I paid for.I see he has a habit of this kind of stuff.There needs to be more structure and accountability so people don't get ripped off.Mike,WHERE ARE MY RADIOS???
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent him an email about the radio post above and about the other recent complaints in here.

I have seen people say numerous times in the past that this guy is slow on shipping stuff out.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RJ'sVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Everett,looks like the post just before mine,the guy said he bought a radio and never received it,just don't like to see anyone get taken.
vw356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Mike Moses..Takes money but doesn't deliver.. Reply with quote

You guys aren't the only ones..I paid Mike for a set of 1956 doors with one piece windows he listed on here several months ago..I paid his asking price, then shipping and gave him 20.00 extra for gas just because I appreciated the deal he listed...It's been many months..I was cool for a long time, but was getting nowhere..I went to my local police station and was directed to investigation..They wouldn't do anything, so I called his local police and they said they'd go visit him if I had a report number (case number).I went back to the investigators locally with no luck..They said to turn it in to IC3.gov and file a report..So I did, but now a few days ago I had a sheriff at my house clearing a couple buses I have heading to the Netherlands and I asked him about it and he said I was dealing with the wrong department and to go see the deputy in charge locally with all my paperwork and I'd get a report filed and get this sorted out..I save all my emails and receipts nomatter what, so this is going to be persued in the next week..I will post more as this goes on.
I was doing a search in my emails on him and found that I had sold him a set of CB Performance intakes and threw in a hex bar linkage approx. a year before this deal..I even reminded him about how I hooked him up on these parts and paid extra on this current deal and all he did was offer a refund through paypal..That would have been fine except I got burned bad on a 911 porsche motor I sold through paypal and had to sue them to get it sorted and no longer use paypal.I asked for a refund by money order and sent my adress again and guess what? He quit replying to me...I understand being buisy and that we all have things happen, but this has been many months now..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwfreakster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:39 am    Post subject: Bought some Dell 34 FRD from mike. Reply with quote

Purchased some FRD's from overseas. Mike shipped them to a friend for me.
They're as described, very nice condition. They were well packed and there was good comms from Mike too.

Great experience. Many thanks from the UK. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ajay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:17 am    Post subject: Blaupunkt radio Reply with quote

I bought a Blaupunkt radio from Mike Moses for USD175 including shipping and paid by Paypal on 6th March2015(the ad is still there on SAMBA)
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1676824
I asked him to ship to my friends address in PENNSYLVANIA so that he need not ship overseas. after one or two reminders he informed me on 26march that the radio was shipped on 21march.But it never reached my friends address.I repeatedly emailed him asking for the USPS tracking number which he has till date not informed.THe last email I got from him was on 15th april in which he stated that he is out on business and will reply within saturday.Today is wednesday I have not got any reply
Now having read many feedback here I am bit skeptical whether I dealt with the wrong guy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ajay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaupunkt radio received in good condition from Mike
It seems he works in some air cargo business and hence delays in shipping the parts
markiemark9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid for a set of Dellorto FRD 34B carbs with linkage and filters from Mike. He was very responsive thru notification of shipping. I became concerned when he stopped responding when I asked for tracking info, however the carbs arrived yesterday after purchasing ~15 days prior. They were decently packed and when hooked up, they bolted up as promised and the engine started easily without any adjusting. They were clean and look well put together.

After reading this thread, I can certainly understand some of the frustrations many have express. In general, I'm satisfied with this seller, although 48 hours ago, I was concerned due to a challenged communication experience post payment.

I also want to note that since receiving the carbs, the seller has reached out to me for confirmation I received them and provided some setup assistance to help get them dialed in.
My '72 Super Beetle Build Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7684856#7684856
javedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Beware of this guy.. Reply with quote

I have studied this guy and got to the conclusion that he randomsly take his victim, he can be a good seller with 4 sellers out of 10,,hes is not slow in shipping, instead if u dont do nothing and ask for ur part, he wont never ship it,,, so u have to start a fight with him in order to get your part (if u r lucky u might get the part in some months )...he gives a lot of excuses and tell lies about shipping... The part was shipped supposely but u wont receive a tracking number and after some weeks he says the carrier lost the package or wrong adress was given,,then u have to wait one more month or so to get another and another excuse.. Maybe he has a mental issue (not joking) .. The conclusion here is if u want to risk ur money the posibilities are 50/50... If not a 40/60 that u lose in this transaction...
vw356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: More Mike Moses BS Reply with quote

Well, I'd have to look back in all my saved emails from dealing with mike to tell you how long I have been waiting on him..I paid for a set of 1956 doors with one piece windows like a year or more ago from him, I paid for shipping and I paid an extra $20.00 just for gas trying to persuade him to ship my doors.. Well, NO RESPONSES from emails and of course I do not have a phone number for him.. The other bad thing is that I searched my saved emails and saw I had hook'd him up with a set of IDA intakes and hex bar carb linkage assembly a year or so before getting into this bad deal with him.. The numbers don't lie..This guy is a terrible person to deal with..I just saw he has listed an early ghia for sale.. BUYER BEWARE!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Split 1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have been waiting ONLY a year!!

Look back at my post from 2009, I have been waiting SIX years for the refund on the crap radio I bought

BUYER BEWARE
vw356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is true..But I recieved NOTHING and sent him over $300.00..My local police will not help me even though I showed them copies of all emails and pictures, but his local police know about him and are willing to go visit him if I can provide a report number from my local police..Maybe some of the other victims can use this information..
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed him about your doors and the recent posts in here.

Let me know or post in here if he responds now.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vw356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You VERY MUCH Mr.Barnes...
vw356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ad # for the doors I was supposedly buying is 1668099..
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: