Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Bus hunting history...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 572, 573, 574 ... 987, 988, 989  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
UZI wrote:
i'm gonna wash it down tomorrow. i think it will clean up nice. it's a late model that i probably paid too much for the individual bus but the sale of other 5 vehicles will make this one free.

it's the best bus i've found in quite a while.

What else did you get? I like those batch deals, too.

there is an SO-42 that was rolled in 1969 after the guy owned it 2 years. he proceeded to drive it another 100K then parked it in the 80s outside. it's rusty, possibly terminal. there are 3 bay windows- a white 71, a red 73 and a blue and white 74, there is a 912 that the owner had restored, sold it to a neighbor, the neighbor got divorced, the car had all it's windows broken, it sat outside and the guy bought it back. there are a bunch of beetles that i may or may not want, i have to see what they look like. you would never know this guy even had cars in his barn because they are so buried. there are piles of parts too. they guy was friend with someone who owned a dealership in NJ. not alot of NOS stuff but some. bunch of engines. this bus had piles of heads in it. i put them on the ground because i don't build engines. if you guys say "get them!" i'll consider it but i'd rather not be handling oversized paperweights.

i washed the 65, i kinda missed the dirt. i'm not sure if i will polish it or just leave it oxidized.

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuņado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UZI wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
UZI wrote:
i'm gonna wash it down tomorrow. i think it will clean up nice. it's a late model that i probably paid too much for the individual bus but the sale of other 5 vehicles will make this one free.

there is an SO-42 that was rolled in 1969 after the guy owned it 2 years. he proceeded to drive it another 100K then parked it in the 80s outside. it's rusty, possibly terminal. there are 3 bay windows- a white 71, a red 73 and a blue and white 74, there is a 912 that the owner had restored, sold it to a neighbor, the neighbor got divorced, the car had all it's windows broken, it sat outside and the guy bought it back. there are a bunch of beetles that i may or may not want, i have to see what they look like. you would never know this guy even had cars in his barn because they are so buried. there are piles of parts too. they guy was friend with someone who owned a dealership in NJ. not alot of NOS stuff but some. bunch of engines. this bus had piles of heads in it. i put them on the ground because i don't build engines. if you guys say "get them!" i'll consider it but i'd rather not be handling oversized paperweights.

i washed the 65, i kinda missed the dirt. i'm not sure if i will polish it or just leave it oxidized.

Congrats on the score. I polished a small part of my bus to see what it looked like and while the paint turned out great, I kinda liked the oxidized, faded look and wish I hadn't. Not sure why, just do but most don't seem to agree...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1957 Panel that I just picked up. Took a bit of skill to get it on the trailer and out of it's hiding spot. Mostly original paint (nose and corner are not), not much rust except rockers.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I love the doglegs Smile

Drivers side floor.

swivel'n
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice! that paint is gonna shine up great! sweet looking bus man
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buseric wrote:

Congrats on the score. I polished a small part of my bus to see what it looked like and while the paint turned out great, I kinda liked the oxidized, faded look and wish I hadn't. Not sure why, just do but most don't seem to agree...

i polished the drivers door. i realized i shouldn't have done it. now i'm committed. i went down the long panel and got around to the passenger rear corner on pass #1. the paint is decent enough where it will look good and still have that nice soft lustre. i doubt it will ever really shine. it will fade back eventually. i guess with the overall uneven look of the paint from sitting for 20 years it will be nicer to look at once it's all clean and even looking.

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MrBusCo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawerks wrote:
1957 Panel that I just picked up. Took a bit of skill to get it on the trailer and out of it's hiding spot. Mostly original paint (nose and corner are not), not much rust

Wait, not a double door?? Didn't you know all bullet nose panels found this year should be DD's?

Seriously though, she's a beauty!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawerks wrote:
1957 Panel that I just picked up. Took a bit of skill to get it on the trailer and out of it's hiding spot. Mostly original paint (nose and corner are not), not much rust except rockers.

I love the doglegs Smile

Drivers side floor.

Man that's sweet, good luck with it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
squareonair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

went on a 15 hour road trip yesterday...found some stuff....this goes to a 57 dd panel

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawerks wrote:

Best. Thread. Ever.

Love this pic.
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squareonair wrote:
went on a 15 hour road trip yesterday...found some stuff....this goes to a 57 dd panel
]

Do tell.... Smile

I am a Dick, hear me roar- Laughing

Me, an OVP Lifer...
jjlux
Mr. No Show

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squareonair wrote:

I need that! Crying or Very sad
redbug64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjlux wrote:
squareonair wrote:

Me too! I need the front as well! Lucky!

1954 Standard Beetle
1965 Firetruck Red Double Cab
1975 Porsche 911
1984 Rabbit L
1988 Scirocco 16v
Random Toyota daily drivers because winter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
squareonair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redbug64 wrote:
jjlux wrote:
squareonair wrote:

Me too! I need the front as well! Lucky!

i got the front as well...its the same shape with a slight twist on the passenger side
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
dawerks wrote:

Best. Thread. Ever.

Love this pic.

great score....fuuhhhhkk! Very Happy

Quote:
Quote:
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UZI wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
UZI wrote:

The heads aren't worth the gas to haul them off. When I come across stuff like that (old engine parts) I look for the wheat amongst the chaff--Okrasa heads, 356/912 heads, certain 36hp stuff--'57 and earlier cases, okrasa early empi 8-dowled cranks and flywheels, etc. Anything 40hp up I don't even bother to look at because the stuff sells cheap if you can even sell it. Also look for early distributors, 36 fuel pumps, no accel pump carbs, you probably know all this but some guys on here don't and it is a shame to see stuff like that get scrapped.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
Jung Restoration
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great finds lately!

Here's one that was told to me from a Baywindow guy that bought a Fiat bumper from the bus owner a few years back. Bay-guy said he remembered seeing "an old bus, I think it had a split front window" parked next to an out building. I will elaborate on this find a bit more, but for now this is what awaited me after the nearly 3 hour long drive. Previous owner rolled it to the driveway with wood cribbing under the rotted frame and two 5" pipes. This was another bus I did not look at previous, and told the owner that if I coming that far to look at it, I'm bringing my trailer.

'66 walk through deluxe with nearly everything intact except the middle seat, the frame, doglegs, and rocker metal. I am amazed at the nose though, nearly perfect as is the roof. Been parked since 1974.

More pix and info. to come.

Last edited by Jung Restoration on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mattcuddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hadn't you been looking for bumper trim? No shame in buying a whole bus just for those parts. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jung Restoration
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking, but Jeremy down near you with his velvet green westy needed that rear facing jumpseat last year, so we worked out a deal with cash and rear deluxe spears. Before that I finally came upon front spears.

That '66 also came with an intact deluxe rear bumper, hitch that I'm not well schooled on, and what looks like a VW issued stewart werner gas heater.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn... this thread is like Christmas lately, and Santa apparently got a big-ass raise!
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm off to pick up another one of my score tomorrow. don't expect pictures, this one is a bay window (can't believe i just typed that)

Quote:
Quote:
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 572, 573, 574 ... 987, 988, 989  Next
Jump to:
Page 573 of 989

Jump to: