Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

NOS Split Moldings?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfsburg Classics
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys
I couldn't agree with you more,if these are repro trims and I think the general feeling is that they are,the quality of the Steve Herron ones was always up there and would definetly be fine to use and definetly way better than any current offerings on the market.
I will still hang out for the last few remaining pieces I need since I am over halfway there already.......good things come to those that wait and those that know me,know that I am patient and anal enough to wait for the correct stuff.
53oval......I think you might have just lost the farm......
I see that the add has been edited accordingly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I'm down to the small detail pieces for reassembly of my 1949 deluxe, I thought I'd add pictures of what I believe to be OE trim that was on my car when I got it.

There are some interesting details like the closing blocks, cut edge on the bottom for drainage, and the ribs on the bottom, and the stamped crimp to hold the closing block in place.

Amongst all the pieces on my car, there were distinct left and right rear quarter pieces due to the drain area.

I need to replace one door and one quarter piece if anyone has one for sale Very Happy

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Here you can see the marking on the block that shows the open end and where the crimp should be.

Here is the cut in drain

Compare these to the other pieces currently for sale.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: