Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Stainless Ghia bumpers
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lo Cash John wrote:
Granted, there is a little bit of a language barrier, I still expect a manufacturer to investigate criticism and feedback when it's presented. And as mentioned, the pics are here.

Anyone know a Viet Namese speaker?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
56cpe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Stainless Ghia Bumpers Reply with quote

Ms Helen I need to buy at least 4 sets from you - BUT - I have been telling my Clients to wait and see if you fix the problem with the front Bumper. I have already fitted one set to a car that the Client bought himself - they were too difficult and the front mounting bolts were left out to avoid damage.
I will be in Ho Chi Minh City October 20th as part of a Holiday - I would like to meet with the Owner to see if we can take care of this problem, as people on this Forum are willing to buy your Bumpers - a really simple fix for PTT?
Hopefully PTT will have solved the problem before I get there

Regards Jerry Heldt
KG Company of Australia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oldbusboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry,

Great offer to go there on your holiday and sort this out. I'll be in if they fix it.

Trevor
helen_nguyen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lo Cash John wrote:
I want a set for my son's Ghia but I want Helen to fix the problem first. The necessary information is here, including photos.

Please send email for me: [email protected] or PM for me. So i will to send the pics which i fix
helen_nguyen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c21darrel wrote:
Ms. Helen, Are you working on a fix for the front bumper side mount problem?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

hi my friend

So do you want we make the my own bracket for bumper? or what?

Please let me know the detaisl problem. So i will send pics for you.
helen_nguyen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia Bumpers Reply with quote

56cpe wrote:
Ms Helen I need to buy at least 4 sets from you - BUT - I have been telling my Clients to wait and see if you fix the problem with the front Bumper. I have already fitted one set to a car that the Client bought himself - they were too difficult and the front mounting bolts were left out to avoid damage.
I will be in Ho Chi Minh City October 20th as part of a Holiday - I would like to meet with the Owner to see if we can take care of this problem, as people on this Forum are willing to buy your Bumpers - a really simple fix for PTT?
Hopefully PTT will have solved the problem before I get there

Regards Jerry Heldt
KG Company of Australia

Hi Jerry,

I am very happy to meet you in HCMC. So can you pm for me details about the front bumper problem? So i will check with my worker.

Hope hear from you soon
helen_nguyen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:
Lo Cash John wrote:
I want a set for my son's Ghia but I want Helen to fix the problem first. The necessary information is here, including photos.

Send her a PM with the pictures...it's the only thing that is stopping the PTT Bumpers from being the top choice. Confused

THank you , John:)
56cpe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Stainless Ghia Bumpers Reply with quote

John M,
I have put 4 pics of the mounting bracket in the gallery - I will try to post them in a reply but if you would use your considerable skills with photoshop to draw some angled lines to emphasise the angle the mount should be compared with what PTT are doing, it would be appreciated
Regards Jerry
56cpe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Stainless Ghia Bumpers Reply with quote

Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what I could add to those excellent pictures Jerry. I think Helen's worker could make a very accurate adjustment to their front bumper mounts from them as they are presented.
56cpe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Stainless Ghia Bumpers Reply with quote

I put a straight edge on the trailing edge of the Bumper and then on the bracket and got an angle of just 10* - rather than let PTT guess it. Can anyone double check seeing that this is the crux of the problem

Jerry
helen_nguyen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia Bumpers Reply with quote

56cpe wrote:
I put a straight edge on the trailing edge of the Bumper and then on the bracket and got an angle of just 10* - rather than let PTT guess it. Can anyone double check seeing that this is the crux of the problem

Jerry

Hi Jerry

I sent email for you this morning. Please check it help me.

Thank you
helen_nguyen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OLD VW NUT wrote:
I've gotten a few emails from PTT about buying a set of bumpers. They will lower the price for a set to $680 plus shipping if I were to order 3 sets. Shipping is $155 for all three sets. They will only ship to a single address so whomever gets the bumpers will have to forward the two other sets off to the other buyers.

Anyone interested in a group buy?

I'm ready to buy - whether by group or singly I want these on my Ghia soon.

Here's the email I received yesterday.
Note: The bold is my emphasis.

========================================

Dear Mr Old VW Nut

Nice to see your mail

Yes, I will ship to address where you request, and I will keep my information to your customer.

Now, the price for you is US$ 680/ set if you order 3 set,

And shipping cost to USA is not change, because if you ship in 1 order, it is better price for shipping cost.

But if you divide in 3 place different, It is not change.

I hope that I can have a order from you.

Hope to see your mail.

Have a nice day!

Thanks and best regards!

Rooney

Hello my friend

I am Helen from PTT bumper company. Please contact me if you need infomation or need to order bumper. I will trying to give you the best price.

Thank you
56cpe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Stainless Ghia Bumpers Reply with quote

I thought that I would bring you all up todate with my discussions with Helen of PTT. I had agreed to send a front Bumper piece to them, so that they could correct their mistake. When I found out that TNT wanted to charge me $100AUD to send the piece to Vietnam, I did my sums and decided that I was not going to give PTT $100 for a $40 discount under what any of you folk could buy the same Bumpers. I asked Helen to pay the freight but was told I was already being offered a good discount – I didn’t agree.
"And if not, I will still sell bumper not bracket as I still sell for many customer."
The above comment was received from Helen in Her last email to me. I am not one to get into a Bun fight with Suppliers, but this comment does not give me any confidence that they really want to fix the problem – unless someone else pays. Also if many Customers are buying these Bumpers, then is there really a problem – if there is, how are you fixing it yourselves. Maybe I buy a set as is and save myself $60
To be fair to Helen, she did offer me a further discount on another 3 sets that I wanted to buy –if – they fix the existing problem
I have 2 Clients at the moment, one who wants a front , the other the rear. Both are Insurance claims and maybe I can get one Insurance Company to pay the freight, but the principle still stands – why should I pay to fix their mistake. I wish that I could discuss this with “The Boss” of PTT, I am not sure He knows what’s going on. PTT could have a really good product if they would just listen to Customers.
Regards Jerry
jpjohns
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good info, thanks for doing all the legwork. They may decide to fix the problem if people agree to stop buying their product.

"Scrapyards are for quitters" - Beetlenut (a Samba member)
Northof49
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are losing my business unless they correct the problem. You would think that an accurate drawing would suffice and cost only an email.
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say I'm very disappointed with PTT's stance with this. They seem to think there can't be much of a problem if people are still buying their product.

Is producing a perfect product of so little consequence to them that they refuse to make a simple fix to save themselves a little inconvenience.

I say shame on you PTT! Are good customer relations just a game to you?

We have here a topic on the subject of Stainless Steel Bumpers that has been running for more than 8 years, with input of more that 450 posts and over 100,000 views and the manufacturers still can't get it right...even though our members have told them how to do it.

I think their attitude is pretty cynical. Come on PTT do something about it and prove me wrong. Evil or Very Mad
OLD VW NUT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will buy their bumpers - AFTER the defect on the front blade mount is fixed. Until then I'll drive around with those stupid looking nerf bars.

Other car - 2013 VW Golf TDI
helen_nguyen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jerry and everyone on forum

The first i want to sorry about this.

The second, i want to tell some thing that Mr Jerry promised to send the sample bracket of VW karmann Ghia for my company to fix and we promised to give him the special price-lowest price(no profit) for the order. We agreed together.

And then my company take a lot of money to make the mould for bracket. Do you know to make a mould in Vietnam, it will need very much payment.

So finally, he told me he will not send sample for us because it will take him 100AUD.

You know we lose 100 times more money than you.

So i hope that Mr Jerry or other cutomer will help my company to make the bracket for Karmann Ghia perfect.

And i will give you the lowest price for your order and we will have good business togerther.

Best regards
56cpe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Stainless Ghia Bumpers Reply with quote

Helen and I have been talking - I will send the Bumper part tomorrow. We should have a result in about 2 weeks

Regards Jerry
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Jump to:
Page 23 of 42

Jump to: