Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Auto Transport/Shipping Information
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve G.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Westfalia transported from Arkansas to New Hampshire Reply with quote

Used Alpine Transport in Iowa, Dave Fountain. He brokered it to Legend Leasing, out of NY. Icy conditions in Arkansas, hours from a main highway. Arrived safe, and essentially on time. Would use them again. Good communication along the way, easy terms, average price.
cage66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need my rolling (non op) 15 window picked up from Indiana and either delivered to Vacaville, ca. where a DC will be picked up and brought to me or just brought straight to me in Reno Nv.
Anyone able to help?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Post a classified ad in Services Reply with quote

GHIAMANN1970 wrote:
Hi just bought Vdub in Cali lookin for info on transport to pa. Any help would be great... Thanks p.s put deposit down ... Webster transport ... Any feed back would be great!!!!!!

cage66 wrote:
Need my rolling (non op) 15 window picked up from Indiana and either delivered to Vacaville, ca. where a DC will be picked up and brought to me or just brought straight to me in Reno Nv.
Anyone able to help?

Post an ad here on the Samba in the Service section of the Classifieds:

@ http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/cat.php?id=49
TopBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a vehicle shipped via TransNobre Inc. The guys name is Eduardo Nobre and his wife is Jennifer.
Eduardo 845-591-8428
Jennifer 845-236-9700 845-542-9470
[email protected]

It's a one truck one driver company. He picked it up in PA on Saturday evening 2/8. Said it would take 5-7ish days. It arrived in Flagstaff on Wednesday afternoon 2/12. He said it would have been here earlier, but he had to replace a tire or the rig and it the shop took forever.
Great communication. I paid the driver cash after I inspected the vehicle upon delivery. I will use this company again.
Great communication the whole time.

Great service
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Meagrat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Baltimore Reply with quote

Has anyone shipped to the UK out of Maryland? Any hints or tips welcome...
rayvwbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Shipping from Idaho Reply with quote

Hi- Looking to ship a stripped body shell with pan only from Idaho to Pa. Not a roller- no suspension. Any ideas? thanks

Ray
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Shipping from Idaho Reply with quote

RoboRay wrote:
Hi- Looking to ship a stripped body shell with pan only from Idaho to Pa. Not a roller- no suspension. Any ideas? thanks

I'm guessing you are best served finding a "private" shipper on uship.com?

Other people may know better...
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Shipping from Idaho Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
RoboRay wrote:

I'm guessing you are best served finding a "private" shipper on uship.com?

Other people may know better...

Everett,

I agree ...

But - he needs to be careful who he chooses ...

Someone has to be going directly along the route he needs hauling
done on - that is a static load, it has to be sitting on a trailer
for the entire trip .....

U-Ship is a Broker Board - like a Broker they take a 15% or greater
commission out of the winning bid and out of the haulers' pocket
for putting them in touch with a party needing shipping.

However, U-Ship will do nothing if a deal goes bad.
They will not assist if there is a problem with the hauling.
All they will do is suspend or cancel a shippers account.
Vince Petrie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Transport brokers - Take that! Reply with quote

After waiting for months for the transport broker to schedule the pick-up of my VW in the remote town of Mountain Home, Arkansas I gave up and contacted Jim of TrulyVintage. In no time he had my VW on his trailer and on its way to California. It's a crap shoot with the brokers. Sometimes it works, and sometimes not. So, if you're getting the runaround, call Jim. You'll be dealing directly with a driver who really cares about getting your car to its destination quickly and safely. Thanks Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a car in California. Called up Ron at RevCarGo http://revcargoautotransport.com/ at the recommendation of the seller. I was hesitant to use them but the seller was confident based on prior experience. Any concern I had was gone when the driver called me 30 minutes after picking up the car. He kept in contact and let me know where he was and when he would arrive.

I had the car transported in an enclosed trailer. Called on a Wednesday and the car was picked up the following Tuesday and they delivered the car 2 days earlier than quoted. Worked out great to receive the car on a Saturday vs. a Monday.

I'd use them again without question. All of the communication was very professional and fast (replies during the weekend within 20 minutes).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rayvwbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the advice above and did a uShip auction. Did not get one bid, so I am trying again. I have tried normal freight shippers as well and they are more than car shippers. While I understand I have a static load, it is not heavy, easily moved with two people, etc. Anyone have any other ideas? I really want to find a way to move the shell I am buying. Thanks!

Ray
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: So you have not bought it ? Reply with quote

RoboRay wrote:
I took the advice above and did a uShip auction. Did not get one bid, so I am trying again. I have tried normal freight shippers as well and they are more than car shippers. While I understand I have a static load, it is not heavy, easily moved with two people, etc. Anyone have any other ideas? I really want to find a way to move the shell I am buying. Thanks!

Ray

I believe you sent me an email about this ....

My reply was:

" Ray,

Anything is possible, but for the reasons I pointed out in my post .....

It probably is not cost effective.

You are welcome to call me if you wish to discuss transport. "

So,

You have not bought it ?

Anything you buy - you should be prepared to have to go get yourself ....

My guess is your target price you are willing to pay is not realistic
and does not reflect the actual cost of transport .... Idea

Buy something closer to where you live or pay what it takes to
transport what you are interested in buying thousands of miles away .... Idea
rayvwbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim- I will call you. I did not even give a target price- I left that open.

Ray
sailorbenjamin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't watch this till you get your car safely delivered;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38jDQkkaxT8
madriding1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Montway Shipping Reply with quote

Please dont ever use Montway Auto transport. They charged me upfront in full and then canceled my pickup the day before it was due to be picked up. Its been over two weeks and I finally was able to cancel my order. United Auto Transport will be there in 2 days. Terrible over all customer service with Montway.
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject: Consider This Reply with quote

BEFORE you choose someone to haul for you .... Idea

Make sure who is on the other end of the phone line
is the person doing the transport

The price you agree to is in writing and not subject to change

Your VW or other vehicle is coming directly to you
with no off loading - time spent sitting in a yard

You pay no deposit up front

At the end of the day - you do get what you pay for

If you pay too little - you may not like what you get
J Rad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Moving from Winnipeg to Vancouver Island Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I will be moving from Winnipeg to Vancouver Island BC, Canada in the next month and have two project split window buses and a single cab truck I would like to move. Non of them are in driving condition, one is not a roller as it is missing the spring plates and rear axles. I did a search online, called a bunch of different companies (I will need to find my list of carriers I have called) and got some quotes. The issue I am finding is all of these carriers require that the vehicles run and have operable brakes. Also, I have a 1960 walkthrough cab clip from the B pillars forward I was hoping to strap down on the back of the single cab. So far all the carriers contacted will only ship empty vehicles.

Just looking for suggestions or leads. I may sell one or two of my busses and could transport the single cab on a trailer behind a u haul. Just considering all options. I am also looking for spring plates and rear transaxle for my '58 kombi to get it rolling to make shipping easier.

Thanks

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
susan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Need Single Cab Transported CA to VT Reply with quote

Hi,

I am buying a 70 Single Cab in Pasadena, CA, and need it shipped to the northeast. I live in a small town in Vermont, but would consider picking it up from a major city, such as Albany or Boston, or Manchester, NH. The truck runs, drives, and stops.

Many thanks,
Susan
NVNATIVE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Golden Key Express twice recently and could not be happier with their price and service and communication. They ARE the shipper not some bogus third party broker.
volksnut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Golden Key Express also....these guys are great, on time and a good fair price. It was a no brainer A++++++
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Page 15 of 30

Jump to: