Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Auto Transport/Shipping Information
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Das67bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Consider This Reply with quote

TrulyVintage wrote:
BEFORE you choose someone to haul for you .... Idea

Make sure who is on the other end of the phone line
is the person doing the transport

The price you agree to is in writing and not subject to change

Your VW or other vehicle is coming directly to you
with no off loading - time spent sitting in a yard

You pay no deposit up front

At the end of the day - you do get what you pay for

If you pay too little - you may not like what you get

I agree with all the above........VERY important because once they pull away with your baby (or babies) alot of negative things can happen.

I have used two and trust both. They are also pretty competitive price-wise:
Nathan Abrams @ Maxx Transportation 913-406-9178
Ray w/JP Motorsports 818-256-4320

Thanks!

m

COMFORTABLY NUMB!!
-Pink Floyd
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for a suggestion for a relative short delivery....Near Pittsburgh to Western Mass. New car.
Nor_AL_67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Does anyone know if a lowered and narrowed 61 bug will fit on an 18 wheeler open car hauler? It's got a 4" beam and is lowered 1 click on the rear. Thanks.
63 Type 2 Standard Walk-thru
69 Ghia
68 912

Amateur Versus Rusty Bus!
woodslat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've searched but haven't found any recommendations. I bought a bus in Mexico city and I need it transported to my friend's shop in Ensenada or Tijuana. Anybody use any transport companies in Mexico?
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I would post this here as well as maybe there is an auto transport going from NY to CA that could pick this up for some extra cash.

I purchased a Westy rack from Buffalo, NY thinking I could ship it using Greyhound as I have shipped many large items like that. Turns out they have a 47" limit for the second largest dimension.

So... is anyone making a trip from NY to CA in the near future? The rack will fit any bus so that shouldn't be an issue. Obviously I'm willing to pay to have it brought out. The unboxed dimensions are roughly 56x56x18.

Please contact me via PM if your interested or know somebody who is.

Thanks.
AquaBooks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone is interested, now or on future internets...

I bought a beautiful '71 Squareback from someone on TheSamba and had it shipped from Toronto to Winnipeg via Hansen's Forwarding. It was less than $1000 CAN all in, and they picked it up at his garage and delivered it to their depot in Winnipeg. It wasn't super fast. I had to wait the full two weeks, plus over a long weekend because they were closed when the driver arrived. But it was reasonable, they were easy to communicate with, and the car arrived undamaged. Now you know...
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:57 am    Post subject: Good for Canadian members Reply with quote

AquaBooks wrote:
In case anyone is interested, now or on future internets...

I bought a beautiful '71 Squareback from someone on TheSamba and had it shipped from Toronto to Winnipeg via Hansen's Forwarding. It was less than $1000 CAN all in, and they picked it up at his garage and delivered it to their depot in Winnipeg. It wasn't super fast. I had to wait the full two weeks, plus over a long weekend because they were closed when the driver arrived. But it was reasonable, they were easy to communicate with, and the car arrived undamaged. Now you know...

Good information for Canadian members

Thanks for posting

Jim
huggiebear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:21 am    Post subject: Shipping/export companies Alaska Reply with quote

HI looking for recommendations for shippers/exporters from Alaska for a karmann.

Any pointers greatly appreciated!!
Thin Metal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Kansas to California Shipper Recommendation Reply with quote

Has anyone had a VW shipped safely from Kansas to California with a positive experience? Or know a reliable shipper for this distance,?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Go after it yourself Reply with quote

Roger H wrote:
Has anyone had a VW shipped safely from Kansas to California with a positive experience? Or know a reliable shipper for this distance,?

Roger,

Go after it yourself or be prepared to pay hundreds of unloaded miles
for someone to drive empty to go pick it up.

Folks hauling west thru Kansas are full already from points further east,
they are usually dropping in Denver if traveling west thru Kansas along I-70.

Experienced hauler do not travel west of Denver on I-70,
they go north to I-80 or south to I-40.
Thin Metal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou for your goods advice and tips. Very informative.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: On the road every day Reply with quote

Roger H wrote:
Thankyou for your goods advice and tips. Very informative.

Roger,

No problem - glad to contribute.

I am on the road every day & I try and give folks information
from a haulers' perspective so they can make an educated decision.
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for recommendation on shipping from Bay Area CA to NJ shore. I prefer local non broker, truck runs, drives and stops. I've shipped with DAS before from LA to east coast several years ago and they dented the car and ignored the problem.
www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Thin Metal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Diamond Express Shipping Reply with quote

Got my bus delivered safely and fast from Diamond Express in Colorado Spring, Co. I highly recommend them. The driver, Keith kept me in touch along the route,was very professional and delivered it one day earlier than expected. Good experience that I thought would maybe turn out negative but didn't.
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:05 am    Post subject: Good to hear Reply with quote

Roger H wrote:
Got my bus delivered safely and fast from Diamond Express in Colorado Spring, Co. I highly recommend them. The driver, Keith kept me in touch along the route,was very professional and delivered it one day earlier than expected. Good experience that I thought would maybe turn out negative but didn't.

Roger,

Always to hear good news ... Wink

Jim
pitbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Trailer Transpoerter? Reply with quote

Anyone have any experience having a trailer transported? from OR to TX?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Joshua B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation on a shipping company from Europe to US. Also what paper work do I need to get for a nonregistered project car for US customs. I am getting some conflicting answers and trying to get my ducks in a row before purchasing. Thanks
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: You need a contact at the Port Reply with quote

Joshua B wrote:
Hello I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation on a shipping company from Europe to US. Also what paper work do I need to get for a nonregistered project car for US customs. I am getting some conflicting answers and trying to get my ducks in a row before purchasing. Thanks

Are you importing this into Long Beach, CA ?

You need a contact at whatever US Port you are receiving it at to handle
customs - paperwork - etc ....
coad Premium Member
Samba Scapegoat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use UShip for a lot of big bulky items, and I've always been very happy with the independent drivers I wind up working with.

Can't say the same about UShip for transporting cars. It seems to be completely controlled by the big brokers, and all they do is give you the same quote you can get on their websites except they add about $150 to cover the UShip fee.

Now maybe the problem was that the car is in New Jersey, and maybe that market is "controlled" by a few players, but I just wasted several days fooling around with UShip, and then I went online and beat their best quote by over 20% in 15 minutes.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coad wrote:
I use UShip for a lot of big bulky items, and I've always been very happy with the independent drivers I wind up working with.

Can't say the same about UShip for transporting cars. It seems to be completely controlled by the big brokers, and all they do is give you the same quote you can get on their websites except they add about $150 to cover the UShip fee.

Now maybe the problem was that the car is in New Jersey, and maybe that market is "controlled" by a few players, but I just wasted several days fooling around with UShip, and then I went online and beat their best quote by over 20% in 15 minutes.

I've seen it everywhere, car shipping on uShip is 99% brokers. It's not just NJ
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Page 16 of 30

Jump to: