Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Auto Transport/Shipping Information
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caliherold
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Looking for transport Reply with quote

Not sure if I should post here but I figured its worth a try.
I need a Ghia brought to me from Leeds Alabama to Chalmette Louisiana (70043)

The car is not running, no motor.

Please PM me if y'all know someone for a decent price, my budget is slim.

thanks, Caitlyn
FloydGreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a westy in Albuquerque. Anyone have any recommendations for covered transport from Albuquerque, NM to Huntington Beach, Ca? I used Thomas C Sunday for my last transport and was less than thrilled with service and communication. Westy runs and stops

thanks in advance
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Full from further east Reply with quote

FloydGreen wrote:
Just bought a westy in Albuquerque. Anyone have any recommendations for covered transport from Albuquerque, NM to Huntington Beach, Ca? I used Thomas C Sunday for my last transport and was less than thrilled with service and communication. Westy runs and stops

thanks in advance

Folks are full by the time they hit Albuquerque along I-40

Not much demand to haul cars into New Mexico

You might want to either drive that or go get it with a trailer
FloydGreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Transport Fail: Thomas C Sunday Reply with quote

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Well, I feel stupid for using, or trying to use Thomas C Sunday Trucking.
These guys really crappy. Last transport they were 5 days late and bent my tail pipe. Well they were the only ones rolling through the Southwest and said they had room for my new bus. I set up the transport and on the day the bus is suppose to get picked up, I get an email from Charlene, the owner, stating that the driver might not be able to pick it up. Might not? So i email back right away since i was on a flight and couldnt call and get no response from Charlene at all. I call first thing the next day and leave a message and get no response. Two days later I finally get a hold of her and she tells me she has another company who can take it in 10 days even though i told her i needed it delivered end of next week. So much for customer service or honoring contracts. The worst part is that she never apologized or even seemed to care

Please dont use Thomas C Sunday.
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: So .... Reply with quote

What have you learned ?

HOPEFULLY - to deal directly with who is hauling your vehicle
and not a transport broker.

Once again:

If you want your vehicle to arrive in the condition it is in where it sits now ...

Direct transport from pick up to drop off.

No transfer - off load & load back up - no sitting in a yard somewhere.

Winter is fast approaching - open trailers kick up salt & cinders & sand.

Pay no deposit or give no credit card information up front.

Be sure in writing the price you agree to is the price you will pay.

Be prepared to pay a price that reflects where you vehicle is,
where it needs to go, how soon you want it to get there.

You get what you pay for - some folks expect a lot more
than they get for what they are willing to spend ....
hilde71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Pick up in Anaheim, CA area...deliver to St. Louis, MO area Reply with quote

Anyone have a carrier to hit up or avoid for quotes? Thx in advance.
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Serice Section of Samba Classifieds Reply with quote

hilde71 wrote:
Anyone have a carrier to hit up or avoid for quotes? Thx in advance.

Samba Classified Index ....

' Services '

Here @ http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/cat.php?id=49
hilde71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:00 am    Post subject: More noobie questions ... Reply with quote

Thanks Jim!

Another noobie question - I live about 20 min away from St. Louis, MO (Edwardsville, IL) and the potential car is near Anaheim, CA (Placentia, CA).

Does it make any sense to offer/discuss meeting a carrier in a 'more major' city (or at a major truck route/stop, such as Troy, IL) than winding around into these smaller towns for pickup/drop-off?

Thanks!
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Budget $1000 but you might get it cheaper after you buy the car and you have Both addresses for them to Bid. Put it up for bid on www.uShip.com but avoid the shipping Brokers. You could meet them somewhere if you want to hassle with it, but I wouldn't unless I would save $200?
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Door to door Reply with quote

hilde71 wrote:
Thanks Jim!

Another noobie question - I live about 20 min away from St. Louis, MO (Edwardsville, IL) and the potential car is near Anaheim, CA (Placentia, CA).

Does it make any sense to offer/discuss meeting a carrier in a 'more major' city (or at a major truck route/stop, such as Troy, IL) than winding around into these smaller towns for pickup/drop-off?

Thanks!

It will not save you much money for such a short distance ...

If your vehicle is hauled on a multi car carrier - they probably
will not try to go down your street to deliver - you will have
to meet them at a big box parking lot.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Door to door Reply with quote

TrulyVintage wrote:
hilde71 wrote:
Thanks Jim!

Thanks!

It will not save you much money for such a short distance ...

If your vehicle is hauled on a multi car carrier - they probably
will not try to go down your street to deliver - you will have
to meet them at a big box parking lot.

Personal report:
I've had them ask me a couple times and have had cars picked up when I lived on a wide street. Lately now that I live somewhere sort of inaccessible I usually meet them out on the local major street. They always seem to not want to enter parking lots when I have suggested it. I have also met at a truck stop once - easy in and out for big trucks.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hilde71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all ... Flying out next weekend to check the car out first-hand.
hilde71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone used "Unitedroutes.com" or "UnitedAutoTransport.com" for shipping? The websites seems to echo a lot of the good advice here but wondering about anyone's passed experiences.
roevets
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: comments Reply with quote

hilde71 wrote:
Anyone used "Unitedroutes.com" or "UnitedAutoTransport.com" for shipping? The websites seems to echo a lot of the good advice here but wondering about anyone's passed experiences.

I don't have a dog in this fight as we arrange transfer from anywhere in the US to ship overseas. I think both of these guys are web brokers, you will be not dealing direct with truckers. Might be good, but they ain't moving cars, just info. Good luck! Steve West Coast Shipping
wanta23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had this guy deliver a third car for me this week. Always on time, fully enclosed, 1 man operation, easy to deal with and fair prices.

www.straightroads.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Always good to hear ... Reply with quote

wanta23 wrote:
Had this guy deliver a third car for me this week. Always on time, fully enclosed, 1 man operation, easy to deal with and fair prices.

www.straightroads.com

Looks like he hauls some nice cars too ...

Always good to hear about a good hauler from first hand experience ... Wink

Thanks for posting !
BL1267
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone on here shipped just the body of a Beetle? It's on dollies and rolls easy. I need a shipping Co that uses a door ramp style trailer. The body is going from CA to IA. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Brian
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BL1267 wrote:
Has anyone on here shipped just the body of a Beetle? It's on dollies and rolls easy. I need a shipping Co that uses a door ramp style trailer. The body is going from CA to IA. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Brian

I don't know anyone out there but I have done it myself (sorry I am on the east coast). I did a body only with a piece of plywood on the ramps of my open trailer with a wood bed (big 4 wheel dolly and cribbing under it). The big issue was securing it for the ride home.

I would try Uship. Make sure you have the right height in the listing (I know some dollies have a big lift on them).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Good to talk with you Reply with quote

BL1267 wrote:

Thanks,

Brian

Brian,

Good to talk with you on the phone ... Wink
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need a bus moved from oaklahoma city to AZ complete non runner
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Page 17 of 30

Jump to: