Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Auto Transport/Shipping Information
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wanta23 wrote:
Had this guy deliver a third car for me this week. Always on time, fully enclosed, 1 man operation, easy to deal with and fair prices.

www.straightroads.com

Apparently this guy won't deal with you if you call him on a Sunday. Rolling Eyes All shippers seem to have different hours so how the hell am I supposed to know to not call someone on a Sunday? lol Maybe the guy should turn his phone off if he doesn't want calls on Sunday.
stevo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

a feller in atlanta inquired about a bay bus front nose listed in my classified ad. any advice how to get that to him from oregon?
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1854865
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

stevo wrote:
a feller in atlanta inquired about a bay bus front nose listed in my classified ad. any advice how to get that to him from oregon?

I've had good luck shipping big oddball sized parts on www.uShip.com The independent truckers with diesel pickups & trailers are glad to haul stuff in the bed of their pickup or on the front of their trailer. Nothing to lose posting your shipment on uShip offering them $200 for delivery to GA?
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stevo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Mike Fisher wrote:
stevo wrote:

I've had good luck shipping big oddball sized parts on www.uShip.com The independent truckers with diesel pickups & trailers are glad to haul stuff in the bed of their pickup or on the front of their trailer. Nothing to lose posting your shipment on uShip offering them $200 for delivery to GA?

thanks mike. 200 seems alot of cheap. it it really that reasonable?
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

That does sound pretty cheap, but start cheap & you can always raise your offer if you have to. The only thing is you have to be ready to ship it immediately if they take your offer. There is not always a rush, but best not to keep them waiting.

P.S. Unbolt the steering column & duct tape it to the body clip for easier/safer shipping.
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
camperdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

do anyone know the cost of shipping vw camper from brazil . and do anyone with 1st hand ex
JedrzejPL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Can somebody help me how I can transport for example this bay to europe - Holland?
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1891219

What is cost for transport from this bus place to seaport. I never export a car from US to Europe.
deepseeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

lookin to transport a 63 mercury comet from clear lake, SD to San Diego. anyone headin this way? I know its not a VW, but thought I would put it out there.

61' Double Cab-restored driver
91 SYNCRO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
far rider Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

deepseeman wrote:
lookin to transport a 63 mercury comet from clear lake, SD to San Diego. anyone headin this way? I know its not a VW, but thought I would put it out there.

Have you tried this guy
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=513727&highlight=trulyvintagetrailers+hotmail

Contentment; when what you have is what you want.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
49vwsplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

I saw one person using Hansen Transport within Canada in this post.
I need to get a beetle from Winnipeg, MB to Pincourt, QC.
Any one know of a reliable transport?
Driver: It's OK officer, I don't wear glasses..I have contacts.
Officer: I don't care WHO you know!!
TorqueCustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

I'll be moving a bug from LA grande oregon, to the Chicago area.

Anyone have recommendations?
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject: Don't Buy Until You Get A Price From An Actual Hauler Reply with quote

It really gets old after awhile ... Rolling Eyes

Just about every day I get a call from someone who suddenly finds out the price
they were quoted by an auto transport broker & the timeframe for transport
just are not happening ... Shocked

Be Smart ....

BEFORE you commit to buy a vehicle you need transported,
actually talk to someone that does the hauling .... Idea

You may not be able to afford what you want to buy when you factor in
the ACTUAL TRANSPORT COST .... Popcorn
TorqueCustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

TorqueCustoms wrote:
I'll be moving a bug from LA grande oregon, to the Chicago area.

Anyone have recommendations?

Update for mine. Went with freedom auto transport, which pushed it to AG auto transport. Drivers picked it up the next day and had it to me the morning of the 3rd following day. Ended up being $1350

Driver was extremely professional, respectful and had alot of cool stories to share while he unloaded it.

I would highly both companies!

Happy travels
bhartwell59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 corners transport Reply with quote

rizzoghia wrote:
Another positive review for 4 Corners Transport. I, too, worked with Jeff and got a very reasonable price (one of the lowest I was quoted from several companies). My VW bus was picked up on Monday in CA and sitting in front of my house in Washington state by 5pm on Tuesday. The driver was communicative and friendly. Best part, I was trying to figure out how to communicate between broker, driver and auto shop where the vehicle was at when Jeff said, "I'll take care of that, that's what you're paying me for!" Haha. It was funny. Yeah, they had it down.

Excellent experience!

4 Corners 4 the Win!

1974 Ghia vert from Long Island, NY to Dallas, TX: $1,255
Enclosed carrier
Picked up on time/delivered on time
Jeff of 4 Corners was great to work with and Danny of AD Auto Transport did the actual shipping. Professional and caring... would def use again!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
R-Baja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

I would recommend NOT using a broker. They take your money and have very little control of what is going on. They make promises that can't be kept. And if your car is damaged they take no responsibility, the trucking company doing the transport is responsible.
Jmiddle204
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

I worked with Jeff at 4 - Corners and am pleased to say all went well. They had very good rates, communicated as expected and was connected with a reliable driver that loaded my Vert into the enclosed trailer I requested and paid for.
I would recommend 4 Corners to anyone moving a car from coast to coast.

James
stsexton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

I need help shipping my VW bus from southern CA to Alaska if possible...looked online and got a few quotes but not too sure how they all work and have read some on this site. Thanks for the info but some seems to be a little old. Any new info would be appreciated!! Looking for a reputable company.
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Jmiddle204 wrote:
I worked with Jeff at 4 - Corners and am pleased to say all went well. They had very good rates, communicated as expected and was connected with a reliable driver that loaded my Vert into the enclosed trailer I requested and paid for.
I would recommend 4 Corners to anyone moving a car from coast to coast.

James

I would recommend Jeff and 4 corners as well, I've used them twice for cross country haulings in the last two years and just as mentioned above, his rates are very reasonable, and his communication is great, in fact as I'm writing this I have a bus being delivered from Oregon to Long Island for a very reasonable rate and they put me in touch with the driver since day one.
4 Corners Transport Services LLC
Phone: 360 210 7665
Fax: 360 954 5488
Email: [email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alschnier
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

AVOID http://heartlandautoshippers.com at all costs. they will promise you a great price - & then, nothing. They are an inexperienced broker whom apparently posts your vehicle at a cut rate on "the board", so no one actually takes the job. I've been waiting 3 weeks for someone to pick up my bus...

trying 4 corners next
alschnier
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

And 4 Corners had a driver in about 1 hour!! I can't believe it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Page 20 of 30

Jump to: