Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Auto Transport/Shipping Information
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTownVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject: Need a 68 Square shipped from Phoenix AZ to Rogers, AR Reply with quote

I need my 68 Square shipped from Phoenix, AZ to Rogers, AR. I've tried Uship and a couple other websites and so far I've gotten a bunch of ex-used car salesmen who feed you up with a bunch of crap. Can anyone help me out and better ideas? Or actual shippers and NOT brokers.
d-rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure on U-ship you can choose to not have your load bid on by brokers?
You can also put an "Offer" on there and see if someone will do it for your price
1967 panel/camper
1968 cig-panel *1/2
1968 passenger bus *1/2
1969 beetle
1969 dormobile
1978 sage green Westy
1990 DoKa
2002 Golf TDI
VWDog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Canada and needed a non running vehicle shipped from Colorado to Seattle. I contacted 4 Corners Transport Services. Yes, they are a broker, but if you are unfamiliar with the process, which I was, Ellen was patient and answered all my questions thoroughly. I would highly recommend them. They quoted a price and stuck to it. Was it the cheapest? I don't know, nor care because the car got to its destination fine with a minimum of hassles on my part(i.e. none!). Give Ellen a call. Very Happy

1970 Lotus White Single Cab 2015- , 1979 Sage Green 2014-2015, 1978 Dakota Beige Westy 2012-2015, 1978 Neptune Blue Riviera 2012-2017 , 1970 Neptune Blue Bus 2010-2012, 1970 Deluxe Savannah Beige 2010-2012, 1985 Iltis 2010- , 1962 Single Cab 2010-2013, 1975 Brasilia? Bay/Split Kombi from Brazil 2008-2011, 1985 DoKa 1999-2009, 1971 Bus 1999-2000, 1968 Double Cab 1991-1998, 1965 Ghia 1987-1991, 1970 Westfalia-bought by Mum and Dad in 1970, sold by me in 1993 why-oh-why :_(
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just needed to ship a piece of equipment via LTL. I used
Jeremy Bauer
Logistics Broker
214-295-7430
[email protected]
www.myfreightbroker.net

Excellent communication and a fair price. I would recommend.
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vintagebusimport wrote:
We use to deal with DIRECT EXPRESS INC, 303w artesia Blvd, 90220 Los Angeles ( 310 324 2100) which is THE BEST company in Los angeles with a remarkable customer service.
ricekooker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just used Reliable Carriers to move a bus from MI to FL. It was an easy process and I'd use them again.
VWToolGuyJay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:56 pm    Post subject: Shipping Reply with quote

Hello to all need your help peeps, looking to get a bus from
Lakeside Mablehead , OH to Ontario Ca. It's about 2550 miles, it's
A roller, I've recived a few estimated but looking to see if there might be something a bit cheeaper. Thank you in advance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Swedish57-013
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Parts shipping to the uk Reply with quote

I'm looking to ship a ragtop section and mech from Maryland, US, to the uk, Northampton, anyone any advice or contacts? I'm getting nowhere!!
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just used PassPort Transport to bring a BMW 6 series convertible from Boca Raton FL to Massachusetts via enclosed transport.

Busy time of year yet they got the car in the timeframe they said they would and the driver was in contact the whole way. very professional. I would recommend based on this experience.
sambaphil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jspbtown wrote:
I just used PassPort Transport to bring a BMW 6 series convertible from Boca Raton FL to Massachusetts via enclosed transport.

Busy time of year yet they got the car in the timeframe they said they would and the driver was in contact the whole way. very professional. I would recommend based on this experience.

Passport is enclosed, own their own trucks, and are very reasonably priced. Communication is awesome and you can track your truck via gps. I had a great experience too. I will use them exclusively from now on.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=671945&highlight=

Single Port Samba Phil
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
richardc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just used Get It Done Transportation ,transported my Ghia from New Jersey to North Carolina and had zero problems, price is right, Marc and driver Percy were in the ball. Will use them again... Rich
baltik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone recommend a shipper for a tintop Vanagon from LA to Sacramento? the van has a blown gasket so can probably be limped along for a very short distance but not much more than that

thanks
Steelflash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not a bad price, especially for a bus. I agree with the other poster who said not to use an open carrier during the winter months though--that can be bad news! I've used A-1 Auto Trasnport to ship across the country (CA to FL) and it was slightly less, but I believe your shipment is a bit farther. It's definitely worthwhile to shop around a bit and by all means, ask if they offer any discounts. You'd be surprised the things that will save you money.
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally used CFR Rinkens after some recommendation from my seller. they charged me 3000$ from Oklahoma to Quebec City, door to door, while taking care of all the paperwork to cross the border. The guy was very helpful, and answered all my email very quickly. From the custom completition to the delivery, it took a little over 2 week.

I highly recommend them, and apparently, they do all over the world.
cage66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking to get a bug from Wisconsin to Victorville Ca. Bug runs and drives.
Any suggestions?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hnoroian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drive it Very Happy

Have you tried u-ship?
rizzoghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject: 4 corners transport Reply with quote

Another positive review for 4 Corners Transport. I, too, worked with Jeff and got a very reasonable price (one of the lowest I was quoted from several companies). My VW bus was picked up on Monday in CA and sitting in front of my house in Washington state by 5pm on Tuesday. The driver was communicative and friendly. Best part, I was trying to figure out how to communicate between broker, driver and auto shop where the vehicle was at when Jeff said, "I'll take care of that, that's what you're paying me for!" Haha. It was funny. Yeah, they had it down.

Excellent experience!
empiracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently used inter-city auto transport for a transport from Florida to Washington State , It was a good experience all the way around. rates were very good, communication was excellent and the driver was great.
http://inter-cityautotransport.com/
bmurphyl512
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

I just purchased a 64 Kombi which needs to be transported from Connecticut to California. Bus doesn't run but rolls and steers. Anyone got a good suggestion for someone to transport.

Thanks,
Brendan
bmurphyl512
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Transport/Shipping Information Reply with quote

Anyone have any problems shipping a project bus where there are a ton of parts for the bus in the cargo area? I have read that most shippers only allow 100 lbs of items to be sent with car. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,
Brendan
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Page 19 of 30

Jump to: