Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Things Unlimited Still Around?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
No_2_Things_Unlimted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Mike Basso !! Reply with quote

Well well well... since this Mr Mike Basso has been given the ability to steal from all us poor suckers due to the power of the Internet I think it is only fair that the fight begins where it began.

I have had my money stolen by Mike Basso and Things Unlimited.

My actions to date have been very subdued in an attempt to get something back.

Well I have given up on that approach and am currently following through on legal action.

While this ball is gathering speed I think it in the nest interest of the 181 Community to ensure he has no more victims.

I have setup mikebrasso.info and over the next few days will build a site there with all the info anyone will need to ensure they do not fall for the same line that I and many others have.

If you have had dealings with Things Unlimited that were negative and resulted in you loosing your money then please email me at [email protected] so I can add your info to the file and use it to help the legal approach. I will also add you to the info list so you can be kept up to date on events as the fold.

If you have info on Mike Basso or recent locations then I would appreciate this as well.

Feel free to check out my Ebay auction for one very rare Things Unlimted Credit Card Bill also, I mean if you want to get one direct of Mike Basso then feel free to get your own, if not then you can buy mine at a fraction of the cost – item id 260047527821

Regards,

One Very Pissed of Things Unlimited Victim
Ferretkona
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike Basso !! Reply with quote

No_2_Things_Unlimted wrote:
,,,,Feel free to check out my Ebay auction for one very rare Things Unlimted Credit Card Bill

Did you not file a complaint with your credit card company to get the funds returned? I have not had any dealings with Basso, but I have had sellers try to rip me off. It has only taken a phone call each time to get my money returned. Credit card companies protect the buyer more than the seller.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
markie61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Mike Basso !! Reply with quote

Ferretkona wrote:
No_2_Things_Unlimted wrote:
,,,,Feel free to check out my Ebay auction for one very rare Things Unlimted Credit Card Bill

Did you not file a complaint with your credit card company to get the funds returned? I have not had any dealings with Basso, but I have had sellers try to rip me off. It has only taken a phone call each time to get my money returned. Credit card companies protect the buyer more than the seller.

Not to speak for "no_2", but I noticed from his auction that he is in Australia and enforcing off-shore transactions MAY be difficult.

Mark
ztnoo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Basso the bad businessman Reply with quote

An item of particular interest to me about this topic is the fact that despite the mountain of posts and factual information concerning shady and unscrupulous business dealings over the period of the last year, not once has this vendor offered a public explanation anywhere concerning the allegations of deficient delivery performance and fraudulent credit card posting as documented and explained, at length and in detail, by numerous posters at the three major Thing forums.

The proprietor has never offered an argument in his own defense. If he were truly innocent of all these scams and charges, I would think loud, long, detailed, and frequent replies would be rolling off the cable or phone line in unending succession defending his honor and business ethics. Such is not the case.
Why?
I believe the sheer volume of evidence speaks for itself. I believe it to be true.

That fact seems especially odd to me given the fact this vendor was an early and frequent contributor to the Topica site from the beginning.
Dec 28, 1999:
http://lists.topica.com/lists/things/read/message.html?mid=700084563&sort=d&start=50

In a post dated Apr 25, 2003, this vendor lured the Thing community into supporting him when he announced his acquisition of the business in question from Vince Sadowski.
http://lists.topica.com/lists/things/read/message.html?mid=806227187
Included in that announcement were the following statements:

"I have tried my best to emulate Vince's best qualities. I hope to serve you in the same manner that Vince has and carry on his goodwill.
Vince has taught me many of his tips and tricks involving our peculiar vehicle. I will try to live up to the same expectations you had from him.
I would also like to thank Vince for choosing me to take over the business. Our #1 goal will be customer satisfaction.
All orders will go out promptly via UPS, Fed Ex, or Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation."

Later in 2003, another message appeared at Topica by a different poster. An explanation was offered from that poster's perspective about how and under what circumstances the acquisition and transfer of the business occurred.
Nov. 10, 2003:
http://lists.topica.com/lists/things/read/message.html?mid=807770664

"Early on Mike Basso asked me (under a veil of our online friendship) for a letter that supported his passion and honesty for OUR beloved Thing.
He did so under somewhat false intentions. I responded with very positive recommendations. Soon after, I realized that he had asked for my support under false circumstances. Sadly, I was struck with the realization that I had been a political puppet/tool used to support his Things Unlimited take over. Here in lies the rub.
No person (in my opinion) can ever replace Vince S."

Huummm.....
So, what we would seem to have previously was conscious, calculating manipulation of others to achieve what one desired, in that instance, acquisition of the business.
What we seem to have now is conscious, calculating manipulation of others to achieve what one desires (and likely desperately needs to keep one's head above water) by devious means, purposeful non delivery of goods, and credit fraud.
I think the seeds of the current unethical behavior were planted long ago, unfortunately...... unbeknownst to any of us.

If this vendor lurks the three Thing forums, and doesn't reply to the documented allegations against him, and has no intention of replying, everyone should realize what the true implication of his non defense stance really means. To me, it's an affirmation of his guilt. It should be an affirmation of his guilt to every member of this list.

The most important thing this list and the other forums can do is proactively stop this thievery NOW.
Go to http://www.stopthingsunlimited.info/ to join the battle.
Avoid this business like the plague.
Cut it off at its knees.....don't deal with it.....don't give it your credit card numbers.
Cut off its feeding source....$$$$$.....and it won't prey on more innocent victims.
It will then die by its own hand because of unethical financial and business shenanigans, massive miscalculations, and sheer stupidity.
Good riddance!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: