Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Michigan Dubbers
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian_1952
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing against all you late 68 and 70 Bug owners. But it would be nice to find any early split bus people on the Westside Of the state
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
The Sage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snob Laughing
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sage wrote:
Snob Laughing

Agreed. And I'm not even a bug owner. Rolling Eyes
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
The Sage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,

He's a great guy, but he owns some buses that are older than any in the state by a decade. It's pretty lonely being in the Barndoor Mafia in the Midwest...
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sage wrote:
Bob,

He's a great guy, but he owns some buses that are older than any in the state by a decade. It's pretty lonely being in the Barndoor Mafia in the Midwest...

I can understand that, since I'm a type 3 and type 34 owner on the east side of the state. Not too many of us over here. Wink
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
Tram wrote:
mumbytho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Holt, Michigan here.

I got a 78 Westfalia here that I dragged back from Virginia. Found out it was full of snakes!
lowdown55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

im in holt as well...tricked out 1955 oval
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
danielzink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webberville here.

1965 Notchback, 2300 Type 4 motor, 944T brakes an all four w/ 16" Boxster rims.

I say that like I'm all proud.....in reality the car hasn't driven under it's own power since the 08 (?) Invasion in Ypsi (I think it was 08??)

I just finished the brake conversion this summer. Working on the carb(s) rebuild right now, new electric fuel pump etc.

I aim to have the car driving sometime this summer.

I *will* have it ready for the '14 Invasion in NY though.

I'll be trailering it out there - so if anyone wants to tag along let's make a caravan !

Also a couple dune buggies hanging around. A 1600 type1 based two seater and a 4 seat street legal that I'm building a type4 motor for.

I'm also looking for a competent body shop to do some work on the notch. I put one piece windows in it back in the mid 90's and I really need to get some stock doors and windows back in it.....so if anyone has any ideas let me know.

Dan

www.danielzink.com
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danielzink wrote:
Webberville here.

I say that like I'm all proud.....in reality the car hasn't driven under it's own power since the 08 (?) Invasion in Ypsi (I think it was 08??)

I just finished the brake conversion this summer. Working on the carb(s) rebuild right now, new electric fuel pump etc.

I'll be trailering it out there - so if anyone wants to tag along let's make a caravan !

Also a couple dune buggies hanging around. A 1600 type1 based two seater and a 4 seat street legal that I'm building a type4 motor for.

I'm also looking for a competent body shop to do some work on the notch. I put one piece windows in it back in the mid 90's and I really need to get some stock doors and windows back in it.....so if anyone has any ideas let me know.

Dan

Yes, it was the '08 Invasion you and your car were last seen at in person (I was there with 2 Notchbacks and Sue had her Fastback there).

I am planning on going to the '14 Invasion as well, but I'm not sure IF I'll be in a caravan with John J or not. Also, I have to decide which type 3 I'm taking, as I don't know IF I'll have the 65 Notch back together in time. I might be in the t-34 Ghia again (we took it to the 2012 Invasion out in Colorado). Wink
Tram wrote:
Tram wrote:
danielzink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobnotch wrote:
danielzink wrote:
Webberville here.

Dan

Yes, it was the '08 Invasion you and your car were last seen at in person (I was there with 2 Notchbacks and Sue had her Fastback there).

I am planning on going to the '14 Invasion as well, but I'm not sure IF I'll be in a caravan with John J or not. Also, I have to decide which type 3 I'm taking, as I don't know IF I'll have the 65 Notch back together in time. I might be in the t-34 Ghia again (we took it to the 2012 Invasion out in Colorado). Wink

Time flies 'eh ? Shocked

Anyhow re: the Invasion - I'll be driving a longbed F250 with the notch on a flatbed. If anyone wants to throw a bunch of spares into the bed as well as tools (I'll have a toolbox also) I'd be glad to tote stuff for y'all.

Dan

www.danielzink.com
ORANGECRUSHer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to find some cheap used axle parts to get an IRS conversion 'rolling'. I'm also in Holland. I wish I could find a yard who has something. I was told of something north but again I too forgot to specifics.

Can anyone point me towards a source for used aircooled parts on the west coast? Or at least a reasonable driving distance. I can't justify paying more for shipping a handfull of axles than their worth
Berrien Warrior 2.4L Quad4
LAZY MARY 1970 Baja 1835cc
BUGGUTZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm In South Branch. North of St.Helen and East of Grayling. I have a 66 sunroof baja driver. Also a vintage 2180 Superflo's and IDA's looking for a sedan.
midman914
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ORANGECRUSHer wrote:
I'm trying to find some cheap used axle parts to get an IRS conversion 'rolling'. I'm also in Holland. I wish I could find a yard who has something. I was told of something north but again I too forgot to specifics.

Can anyone point me towards a source for used aircooled parts on the west coast? Or at least a reasonable driving distance. I can't justify paying more for shipping a handfull of axles than their worth

Contact Brian Mccue, he posted at the top of this page. He is always selling stuff at shows and on here. I'm sure he will be able to help you out or at least point you in the right direction. He also lives in Holland.
The Sage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ORANGECRUSHer wrote:
PM Sent
real1966
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spring Lake here.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Volkswagenaholic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's all going to the Midwest VW Jamboree this weekend?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=558168

F I S H E R W E R K E
anthracitedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there Sunday as long as I don't have to go to Canada for work this week...still up in the air.
I'll be taking my 57 Ghia if I get to go!

If anybody has a spare/used 83mm 40 horse P/C, bring it.... I'll buy it.
Volkswagenaholic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anthracitedub wrote:
I'll be there Sunday as long as I don't have to go to Canada for work this week...still up in the air.
I'll be taking my 57 Ghia if I get to go!

If anybody has a spare/used 83mm 40 horse P/C, bring it.... I'll buy it.

I'llbe going Sunday only. Hoping this is a good show

F I S H E R W E R K E
Popout Pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: I'm in MI! Reply with quote

Just found this thread! I am in Holland MI. Some of you know me, some of you have seen my '77 standard "Blu". I have parts if you need them, I also enjoy working on them when I have time.
anthracitedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a few dubbers in Holland.... Welcome.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Jump to:
Page 41 of 45

Jump to: