Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dutch inner rocker skins
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
suntour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Dutch inner rocker skins Reply with quote

Just a little F.Y.I.

I just received a new inside passenger rocker panel from Ralph in Germany. If any of you have tried to find a NOS or Dutch inner passenger side rocker skin you’ll already know there aren’t any left in the U.S. (unless you know some guy with a few hidden in his garage.)

Anyway, I thought I would report these seem to be great quality. They are the Dutch made skins. They seem to be the same gauge as the originals and have all the internal supports and threaded inserts. I will compare it with a NOS skin in a day or two when I can hold it up to my driver side NOS inner skin. The only thing that seems different is the lower radius where it wraps down to the pan (under side of the rocker) seems to have a larger radius than a stock skin. For example a stock might have a 1/8” radius where this one has a ¼” radius. I will check on this soon and report back.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

suntour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here is an update on the two rockers. The Dutch made one is black primer the NOS is gray. These are both passenger inside rocker skins for a side by side comparison.

Dimensions are the same, so it would be a plug and play for the Dutch rocker in regards to fitting it to the front and rear clip.

In the previous post I mentioned that he lower radius doesn’t seem the same. Well it isn’t. There is a noticeable difference between the Dutch and NOS. The Dutch is very rounded in the lower area. It will work fine but would be noticeable to the extremely discerning eye.

Other differences are highlighted in red. Also I should mention the NOS rockers are pre-drilled for spot welding and the Dutch are not.

I have a few more comparison shots in my gallery.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: