Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Good deals on Nice Vans
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 254, 255, 256 ... 325, 326, 327  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
caravelle c
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

@RainierSyncro For german standards, the Syncro is to expensive. You can see a lot of rust on the b-pillars. A good price would be around 8000€ Cool
ELO78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Synco Laughing

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/5898748961.html

Quote:
1987 VW Synco van & Westfalia - $6000 (Troy Grove)

This is a project that I never got around to completing. 1987 Synco, low mileage, 56,000, 5 spd, with most of the Westfalia interior, and a donor Westfalia for the top. The synco ran good 10 years ago, didn't stop very well but it did run good. Clean title on the Synco and rust free for an Illinois VW. No title on the donor. Any questions please call Jeff

I wish I had more room and more cash, I've got a set of CLKs I could throw on it.
raoul mitgong
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Already made arrangements to buy the Chicago Syncro and donor westy.
-d
91 Westy (Only the top 12 inches of this van (a burn victim))
gregaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

raoul mitgong wrote:
Already made arrangements to buy the Chicago Syncro and donor westy.
-d

Nice catch!
Vanagon Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

So I'm sitting here at woods coffee Bellingham, bored, waiting for tires and wheels to be installed. Found this

http://bellingham.craigslist.org/cto/5904602227.html

Now IMO, the price is too high but id think that for the right price this could be a decent bus. Especially if it has the fold down table and z bed. (Carat?)

Neil.

1988 West DIY 50º ABA

VE7TBN
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Vanagon Nut wrote:
So I'm sitting here at woods coffee Bellingham, bored, waiting for tires and wheels to be installed. Found this

Now IMO, the price is too high but id think that for the right price this could be a decent bus. Especially if it has the fold down table and z bed. (Carat?)

Neil.

Ha! Be happy that Woods opened that coffee shop or you'd have to walk to the other end of Fred Meyer and put up with Starbucks coffee!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

A van with a dead engine for $3,300US? Maybe $330...
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Vanagon Nut wrote:

Unlikely, considering this line, "I removed the middle seat..." Sounds like a plain passenger van.
Vanagon Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

The ad may indicate the owner is unfamiliar with Vanagons. A blinking red coolant light may only mean there's something hinky with the coolant low indicator system. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened. The cooling system may be fine and the engine may run fine. The way the ad reads to me is the driver saw the light and side lined the van.

Yes the ask is too high. I indicated as such!

1988 West DIY 50º ABA

VE7TBN
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

hmmm...3 cars for $10k (Tacoma WA)
Super Beetle, Eldorado, and a 91 Vanagon (tin top)

That eldorado looks sweet....

ad: http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/5909930299.html
TheArmand
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

85 westfalia w/ SVX & porsche tranny & gowesty goodies. Seems too good to be true. Wondering how he has it registered in CA? http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/5908844150.html
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Wow, this blows me away. We had breakfast with this couple north of Santa Cruz two falls ago, and for what it's worth both them and their rig was dynamite.

The motor was great, they spent some big dough and someone needs to go see this thing!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALstew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

E1 wrote:
Wow, this blows me away. We had breakfast with this couple north of Santa Cruz two falls ago, and for what it's worth both them and their rig was dynamite.

The motor was great, they spent some big dough and someone needs to go see this thing!

I emailed the Craigslist ad and I guess the van has sold.
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Syncro Kasten in NJ.

appearance wise it looks good, but you know the story on that one!
http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/5916345509.html

There are seven days in a week. Someday is not one of them.
J Charlton Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

I've seen and been in this van a number of times.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2002110

IT is really really a lot better than "nice" - its up there in the GoWesty range of quality and finish. The engine by Jeff Hogue (who probably has done more vw diesel work than any one in North America and over 75 vanagon conversions to diesel) is amazing. Its a van to take someone anywhere. A great, well thought out and executed camping setup as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
davevickery
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I love the look of this van. One thing left to do to it, which is convert it to 4WD. But all you guys that were posting about getting an american van, here is your chance.

2003 Camper Van Class B RV - Pleasure Way - $21500 (DENVER)
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5914443480.html
ericp108
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Curious to see what people say about this - clearly overpriced I'd think. Is it worth asking for less? Tips/opinion appreciated

https://rockford.craigslist.org/cto/5869868160.html
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

davevickery wrote:
I love the look of this van. One thing left to do to it, which is convert it to 4WD. But all you guys that were posting about getting an american van, here is your chance.

2003 Camper Van Class B RV - Pleasure Way - $21500 (DENVER)
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5914443480.html

Pleasure Way makes some interesting vehicles. This one is the Traverse, essentially a Westy layout with poptop on an Econoline van. Good price here and they almost never turn up on the used market. I've only seen one in the wild while camping in SC last year. They also make the Excels, which are widebody vans, flaring out about 4" on each side behind the doors for additional interior space still on the stock footprint. They are also pretty unusual in the general Class B market but more plentiful than the Traverse. Excels, by the way, have a couple of interior layouts; sleep across or sleep along.
Yondermtn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

ericp108 wrote:
Curious to see what people say about this - clearly overpriced I'd think. Is it worth asking for less? Tips/opinion appreciated

https://rockford.craigslist.org/cto/5869868160.html

It's been up for a while at that price. Depending on the condition of the brakes, transmission and cooling system it might not be too overpriced. There just aren't a lot of options around here.
tarandusVDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

This has got to be one of the most honest ads I've seen. It's a fixah uppah for sure, but could be a good deal for the right enthusiast.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1984605

Syncro 14" Multivan with Pop-Top Price: 6500€
- drive 370000km
- rear difflock
- 1.9td (originally 1.6td)
- has rust, dents and is dirty inside
- poptop and all the special multivan parts are there
- runs, drives and stops well
- located in Finland (80km north from Helsinki), drive it home!
- we can help you to arrange shipping to Germany
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

ALstew wrote:
E1 wrote:

I emailed the Craigslist ad and I guess the van has sold.
Sorry, bud. That was one great deal, shocked they sold it and even more for being so cheap.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda... but can'ta.

— Colin Chapman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 254, 255, 256 ... 325, 326, 327  Next
Jump to:
Page 255 of 327

Jump to: