Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Der Steiner Rads Wheels
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Speedsterboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and there we have it...don't care much for the other wheel anyway, looks like crap compared to your 'real' DSR's.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Boris, Thank You for chiming in on this.
It's true; I did meet someone at Bad Camberg, took photos, gave them to the appropriate people, and from there nothing happened. I'm sorry, but I did what I said I would do, and the rest was completely out of my control.
I do recall giving my e-mail address, which at the time was [email protected] (which is no longer valid, hasn't been for over 3 years) to someone who was representing your company, and, having never heard anything back, went on with other things. I wasn't that hard to find, I don't think, my e-mail and phone number were published in every issue of Hot VWs Magazine from May of 2001 to June of 2005.
I haven't heard from Dave Deal in quite a while; since I retired and moved to Northern CA I have corresponded with him maybe once.. if you have Dave Deal's blessing, then I wish you all the success in the world in your endeavor.
And, as a side note, Randee of Randar had nothing to do with any of this, or the fact that at the time he lived close to me. As long as my friend, Dave Deal is getting recognition for his contribution, then I am a happy man Very Happy

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
alp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the DSR are now up to $2200 euro which is around $3500 Canadian! a little out of my price range.
hbpoolguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got some to fit around the 4 big disks

cavemandan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can somebody make this easy for me. post a link so i can order some new rims for my bitch. I cant take any more reading this crap about deign and profit. sorry
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Speedsterboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're serious about getting a set of the original fake DSR's Wink , contact this Samba member-boris1
Cheers,
Al
DER STEINER RAD/ONLY 50 SETS WORLDWIDE FOREVER
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Morten(Norway)
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boris1 wrote:
.....There we met Morton and he was sad that we came out first. But, and that is a fact that Morton see in the same way, the construction sheets he showed us have a lot mistakes and he don’t know it to construct, plan and build a car wheel. We say to him that in fact that he want a set for his car we will give him a huge off to the regular price but he don’t want......

Well, here is MortEn.

It's strange that you tell lies, even after so many years, Boris.

The construction wasn't finished at the time we met at Volksworld Show. Unlike you, I contacted Dave Deal(RIP) through Dave Cormack BEFORE starting construction. I had absolutely NO problem reaching Dave and Dave through emails and was for a period emailing Mr. Deal several times a day with imidiate replies from him.

The rough 3D models I showed you were preliminary sketches but even those were approved by Mr. Deal as I was working with him all the way. I didn't see any reason for showing you the almost ready 3D model I had, why should I?
As for saying that I don't know how to construct, plan and build a wheel is just stupid. Most of my working career(20+ years) has been as a mechanical designer so I know better than most how to develop, construct and plan.
As I didn't work in a aluminium foundry, I had to contact one, which I did. They actually made (and I think still making) aluminium wheels already so they knew very well what this was about. Norway has several high-end aluminium foundries and export large quantities of exceptional quality alu products.

So to sum it up:
- The design/construction was 90% done and approved by Dave Deal.
- The planning was well under way
- A foundry had been contacted

Based on this and your comment of "...that is a fact that Morton see in the same way, the construction sheets he showed us have a lot mistakes and he don’t know it to construct, plan and build a car wheel..." is just ridicolous and false.
How could my design, that Mr. Deal approved, be full of mistakes??

One thing you don't mention is the contract I showed you between Mr. Deal and myself. You clearly said to me that you were not interested in paying royalty to anyone.

I remember you offering me a set of your wheels for a slight discount but to be honest, I wouldn't put them on any of my cars even if they where free.

I can't comment about what you say was going on between Mr. Deal and you but since most of what you said about me are lies, I kinda doubt you're telling the truth on that subject either.

I'll have to excuse myself for the bad english also, sorry.

Have a nice day!

Regards
Morten Aase
Norway
Speedsterboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go again, could we please just lock this and move on? This is just sooooooooooooo boring now.... Confused
Morten(Norway)
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Der Steiner Rad wrote:
Here we go again, could we please just lock this and move on? This is just sooooooooooooo boring now.... Confused

Maybe you think it's ok that people tell lies about you on a public internet forum?
Well, I don't, so I had to tell my side of this to set the record straight.
I will not post more in this thread unless there are more lies regarding my person.
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Morten, good to see you on here, and to hear from you.
I guess, at this point, none of this matters now, as Dave Deal died last month.
To the best of my knowledge, YES you were the 1st person to attempt to make the wheels, then came the DSR people, and then Randee/Randar wheels.
I still have the photos Randee took and sent me, of Dave Deal holding his prototype wheel. But Randee approached Dave about the wheel ONLY after you had given up making them, for, as I understand it, the reasons you have outlined above.

Rest In Peace, Dave Deal. You were/are a good friend.
This wasn't the first time Mr. Deal had his artwoork "cloned", "re-produced without permission" or whatever you want to call it, and, unfortunately, I imagine it won't be the last. It just seems to be the way of the world we live in now.

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
Speedsterboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morten(Norway) wrote:
Der Steiner Rad wrote:

Maybe you think it's ok that people tell lies about you on a public internet forum?
Well, I don't, so I had to tell my side of this to set the record straight.
I will not post more in this thread unless there are more lies regarding my person.

My apologies, you are right. You do deserve the right to clarify things. Embarassed
Al67bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: Der Steiner Rads Wheels Reply with quote

Can SOMEONE just tell me how or who to order a set of these?
I've read all of the 'he said' 'I own it' stuff & don't wish to be rude, but I JUST WANT A SET. SIMPLE.....
Seems I have tried several attempts to contact Randee & nothing.
Have money to spend on a cool set of wheels for my beetle & no-one seems to be able to help me secure a set.

No I can't drop in & see him because I am in Australia... Can't seem to order them anywhere, facebook him, no response. Email him, no response....

Happy for the Euro version.... just want to know who & where so I can get a set
Please
restojohnny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Der Steiner Rads Wheels Reply with quote

Al67bug wrote:
Can SOMEONE just tell me how or who to order a set of these?
I've read all of the 'he said' 'I own it' stuff & don't wish to be rude, but I JUST WANT A SET. SIMPLE.....
Seems I have tried several attempts to contact Randee & nothing.
Have money to spend on a cool set of wheels for my beetle & no-one seems to be able to help me secure a set.

No I can't drop in & see him because I am in Australia... Can't seem to order them anywhere, facebook him, no response. Email him, no response....

Happy for the Euro version.... just want to know who & where so I can get a set
Please

Randee / Randar wheels does not make these wheels. These are made by addie and boris in Germany.
53 LHD, LH cargo door standard kombi
54 Pre-A Porsche
55 oval ribbed door non-semiphore
56 semiphore ragtop
63 notchback (work in progress)
67 OG black paint beetle sedan empi accessorized
67 original Empi GTV beetle convertible !!
67 euro squareback
67 deluxe walkthru (work in progress)
67 convertible ghia (work in progress)

"STAY OUTTA MY BACKYARD !!! "
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: