Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Soft Top hold down straps
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
74 Cosa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Soft Top hold down straps Reply with quote

Does anyone have a picture or drawing of the proper way to install the convert top hold down straps? I'm refering to the straps that are used when the top is pulled down. I bought news ones and not really sure on the install. Question
73ThingNorCal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Hope this helps. I have the entire 1973 Thing owners manual in PDF format if you want me to email it to you.
74 Cosa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Soft top straps Reply with quote

Thanks for pictures. I think I've seen these before. So...when the top is up, I guess you would push the strap under the top so it doesn't flop around???
MedicTed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Soft top straps Reply with quote

74 Cosa wrote:
Thanks for pictures. I think I've seen these before. So...when the top is up, I guess you would push the strap under the top so it doesn't flop around???

The attachment point is inside of the back of the Thing. When the top is down, it then runs outside the body, to the loops on the back and then back to the buck. Clear as mud?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: