Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vee-dubs in the Philippines: Shows, Clubs, (12-2-07 VW Show)
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> International Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DONGKG
The Araneta Boys

Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines, "A Certified Type 3 and Karmann Ghia Maniac"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Vee-dubs in the Philippines: Shows, Clubs, (12-2-07 VW Show) Reply with quote

In the Philippines, Filipinos are also crazy about Volkswagen. This topic is dedicated to the clubs, volkswagen show, gatherings and other event related to our beloved machine, the VOLKSWAGEN.

This is our 1967 Karmann Ghia Convertible

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This is our 1971 1302s Super Beetle

This is our 1970 Type 3 Fastback

Our three Volkswagens

'67 Splitty Bus
'65 beetle;'69 Country Buggy; '44 Kubelwagen (replica) TOOB MEMBER #20

Last edited by DONGKG on Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:06 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DONGKG
The Araneta Boys

Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines, "A Certified Type 3 and Karmann Ghia Maniac"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Volkswagens of my friends Reply with quote

These are the Volkswagens of my friends.

Jimmy Galvez's 1972 Econo-Beelte with 1776 engine

[img]
[/img]

Laurence's Beetle currently being repaired to be transformed to a German-Look.

[img]
[/img]

Brio's Mafia Look Beetle. Fully tinted. So no one can see who is inside and who is the next victim. He He He.

[img]
[/img]

RG's 1961 Cal Look Ragtop bug.

[img]
[/img]

Edmund Tambunting's blue Bay Window Westy (on te left)

[img]
[/img]

Tito Ting's 1965 Yellow Cal Look with Dual 40 Webers.

[img]
[/img]

Cho Babe's Blue Beetle

[img]
[/img]

Rae's Blue 1302s German Look on the tracks.

[/img]
[img][/img]
'67 Splitty Bus
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DONGKG
The Araneta Boys

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: VWCP BADGE Reply with quote

This is the Volkswagen Club of the Phlippines that is awarded to active members. I received my badge in 1994, when I was still in college. My badge number 042. At the last count, the current number is 260. Wow, the club has gone a long way.

The VWCP badge for my Type 3 is yet to be installed.

[img]
[/img]
[img]
[/img]
'67 Splitty Bus

Last edited by DONGKG on Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total
DONGKG
The Araneta Boys

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: VWCP Invitation Reply with quote

Quoted hereunder is the invitation of Dr. Ceasar MArtinez, the current President of the Volkswagen Club of the Philippines, as posted in the forum of www.vwcp.org.

"Here it is, guys and girls. The Official Profile of the VWCP. Original author was Mr. Dodie Ruiz, club historian who published this in brochure form in the 1997-1998 Annual. I modified it to keep it abreast of the times. Read and be informed:

Volkswagen Club of the Philippines

Goals/Credo:
To foster camaraderie among the VW enthusiasts of the Philippines, and
To preserve and maintain the Volkswagens in the Philippines.

Brief History:
A group of eight avid Volkswagen enthusiasts organized themselves in 1985 as a club called the VW Karmann Registry. In 1992, for practical reasons, the name was changed to the Volkswagen Club of the Philippines when it applied for and received SEC accreditation.
The VWCP is the most active car club in the Philippines and, to date, the biggest single car manufacturer club in the country. Although regular official meetings are scheduled every first Saturday of the month, most members are inclined to meet anyway every Saturday night for socials, informal discussions, exchange of information, and car scrutineering. Aside from meetings, numerous and varied club activities are also undertaken.

Who qualify to be members of the VWCP?
All VW enthusiasts of good moral character, regardless of age, gender, religion, creed, profession or social standing.

Is ownership of a VW necessary?
No, ownership of a VW is not required. Although owning one is encouraged by VWCP for members to fully appreciate the benefits and enjoyment of VW ownership.

How much will it cost to be a member of the VWCP?
P700.00 for initial membership and P500.00 for each succeeding year. New members receive an official VWCP car window sticker and a credit card type ID. Recently, the VWCP has affiliated with the Automobile Association of the Philippines (AAP) to provide roadside assistance and towing to VWCP members at a greatly discounted club rate.

What are the advantages of joining the VWCP?
If you are interested in restoring or preserving VW’s, club meetings and activities are venues for the exchange of information and recounting experiences with their cars.
For prospective Motor Sports participants, aside from this exchange of knowledge, you can save time trying out technical modifications. Other members may have already tried out what you want, or plan to do with your car. Advice, tips and pointers can also be gathered.
You will also benefit from the organizational set-up and logistic support of the VWCP when joining other Motor Sports events. Club support is also deemed necessary to more effectively voice your opinions, ideas, suggestions or proposals to any particular Motor Sports governing body.

What VWCP resources are available to members?
Mostly human resources, with an immense collective wealth of information, skills, and experience on the VW!

Technical and Aesthetic experts
Some VWCP members have their own VW restoration, repair, modification or preparation shops. Some are involved in VW Motor Sports themselves. They are available for advice, pointers and tips; can help source or acquire parts here and abroad; will recommend the right mechanics or technicians; help solve technical problems or even contract the task themselves if the member has no time or inclination to do so.

Dedicated Officers and Directors
Careful planning enables this diverse group to participate in various choices of activities. The VWCP Board of Directors, from which its President and other Officers are chosen, to the appointive Executive Committee, hold regular Execom meetings to plan the club’s activities and interaction with other like-minded car clubs in the Philippines. Decisions are made always with the greater good of the organization in mind. This ensures that the ideals of the club are always upheld.
Volkswagen owners love driving their cars! “Bug Runs”, which are convoys of members’ cars to various scenic or historical areas in the country, are planned to further develop driving skills by including hill climbs, long, straight, and twisting roads. Previous “Bug Runs” include trips as far north as Vigan and Pagudpud, and as far south as Agdangan, Quezon. There was even a team of intrepid members who joined the “Archipelago Run” in the late ‘90’s, who drove their VW Combi from Manila to Cagayan de Oro and back with no breakdowns!
For the serious racing enthusiast, officers or directors can aid in finding sponsors by obtaining substantial discount commitments for products or services from reputable shops and companies.

Supportive General Membership
The much needed moral support can be expected from members. They will be present in numbers to lend a hand to a VWCP member participating in an activity on behalf of the club as a club entry.

Reference Materials
Volumes have been written about the Volkswagen, making it the most written about car. Hundreds of VW enthusiast books, technical books, catalogs, literature and official service manuals are available. Several dedicated VW magazines are also published monthly. Current VWCP members have a combined collection of hundreds of these literature, including rare ones and share these with each other.

How diverse are the interests of the members?
Several informal VW Specific Interest Groups exist within the VWCP. You will surely find one that suits your interest! Among these are: Stock (back to factory original) Restoration, California look, Resto-Custom, Modern German look, Dub look, Rat look, Full Custom or Personalized look, Type II group, Type III group, Karmann Ghia group, Convertibles group, Racing (Motor Sports) group, etc.

What is expected of a VWCP member?
Depending of degree of interest and time of involvement, (usually after a year or two of active participation), most members become virtual VW encyclopedias. They would know how to get which part from where, which part fits which models and which parts are interchangeable or can be upgraded. After a while, the quality and performance demanded by more senior members from their cars rub off on them. They become experts, more meticulous and demanding. This is expected from every member.

When and Where are VWCP Meetings held?
The VWCP meets every Saturday night at 9:00 p.m. usually at the parking lot of the Sunshine Boulevard complex (where Klownz Bar is located) along Quezon Avenue in Quezon City. Around 20 parking slots are reserved for VWCP members, and members usually double park within this area. You won’t miss it, with all the VW’s parked there! Every first Saturday of the month, formal sit-down meetings are conducted by the current President inside the Bacolod Grill restaurant within the complex.
Every first Saturday and Sunday of December, the VWCP holds its Annual VW Classics Show Weekend, where VW’s from all over the country congregate for two days of All-VW racing, cars and parts for sale, and an All-VW car show competition to determine the Best of the Best VW of the year.
The VWCP Annual General Membership Meeting is held every last Sunday of January, usually at the Ihaw Balot Plaza restaurant in Quezon City. It is in this meeting that updated members get together, enjoy a free lunch, hear the report of the officers from the past year, and elect the next batch of Board of Directors.
So, if you’re a VW enthusiast with or with out a car, drop by and engage any of the members there in a friendly conversation about our favorite vehicle, and GET BITTEN BY THE BUG!"
'72 Type 2 Homey
'67 Splitty Bus
DONGKG
The Araneta Boys

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: VW DAY 2004 Reply with quote

These are some of the pictures taken in the December 2004 Volkswagen day in Fort Bonifacio, Makati City, Philippines.

[/img]
'67 Splitty Bus
DONGKG
The Araneta Boys

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the 1300s of Aris. From Pasig Ciity, Philippines.

[img]
[/img]
'67 Splitty Bus
lonslo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats cool, I'll be in the Philippines in Dec. 25 thru Jan. 7th
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DONGKG
The Araneta Boys

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonslo61 wrote:

Kababayan, Mabuhay!

Please try to be in the Philippines on the first Sunday of December 2006, that will be on 3 December 2006. That is the exact date of the Volkswagen Show in the Philippines. We will be expecting you. Please contact me by sending private message to me at thesamba.com.

MABUHAY PARE! See you.
'67 Splitty Bus
keumnam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Volkswagens in the Philippines: Shows, Clubs, Meetings, Reply with quote

DONGKG wrote:
In the Philippines, Filipinos are also crazy about Volkswagen. This topic is dedicated to the clubs, volkswagen show, gatherings and other event related to our beloved machine, the VOLKSWAGEN.

Our three Volkswagens

Man, I would love to cruise the Philippines in my '71 Westy. Stationed in the Air Force at Clark in the late 70's and I still reminisce about that place.

Absolutely love the people and culture. Not to mention the beer.
DONGKG
The Araneta Boys

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Volkswagens in the Philippines: Shows, Clubs, Meetings, Reply with quote

keumnam wrote:
DONGKG wrote:

Our three Volkswagens

Man, I would love to cruise the Philippines in my '71 Westy. Stationed in the Air Force at Clark in the late 70's and I still reminisce about that place.

Absolutely love the people and culture. Not to mention the beer.

You are right man, it was cool cruine with your westy here in the Philippines. Clark Air Base was originally developed by the Americans and when they left, Filipinos took over. Now, it is more of a business center in the Central Luzon, Philippines. Thanks for the comments.

Try visiting our Volkswagen Show every first Sunday of December, and that will be on the 3rd of December 2006. So also, check oue website at www.vwcp.org.
'67 Splitty Bus
lonslo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DONGKG wrote:
lonslo61 wrote:

Kababayan, Mabuhay!

Please try to be in the Philippines on the first Sunday of December 2006, that will be on 3 December 2006. That is the exact date of the Volkswagen Show in the Philippines. We will be expecting you. Please contact me by sending private message to me at thesamba.com.

MABUHAY PARE! See you.

I will be there after the show. Me & my family will be leaving LAX on Dec. 27th. I would've like to go to the show. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DONGKG
The Araneta Boys

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonslo61 wrote:
DONGKG wrote:
lonslo61 wrote:

Kababayan, Mabuhay!

MABUHAY PARE! See you.

I will be there after the show. Me & my family will be leaving LAX on Dec. 27th. I would've like to go to the show. Crying or Very sad

Sayang pare. But once you are here in the Philippines, let me know so that we can meet and I ll show you our "Tambayan" (hangout), so you can aslo meet the local volkswagen buffs. "Masaya kami dito, pare!" (We are happy here.)

Check our local forum at www.vwcp.org and register. Smile Surprised Laughing

What is/are you volkswagen/s? Question I saw your gallery, there are type 2 veedubs. Rolling Eyes
MABUHAY!
'67 Splitty Bus
DONGKG
The Araneta Boys

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: The Marikina Boys of the Philippines Reply with quote

These are the vee-dubs of the Marikina Boys, Philippines. I am only of them too.

Marvin's 73 Germanlooker with Porsche 944 Turbo suspension and trailing arms and disc brakes. The engine is equipped with Porsche fun abd breathing on dual Weber 40. And it runs like 911 Porsche.

Gerry's 67, rolling on BRM's

Ronalds 74 Germanlook, with a killer 1.5 engine.hehehe!!!

Japs radical 67, Mooneye equipped, with straight Blaupunkt sound system.

Nat's '65 rolling on 15-inch FUCHS.

The faces of the Marikina Boys, Philippines.

The rides of the Marikina Boys, Philippines.

Manny Ruiz' Type 3 Fastback.

Nats' Westy

The other pictures are to be posted soon! Rolling Eyes Arrow Wink Rolling Eyes Razz Laughing Smile Very Happy Shocked Shocked

Of course, our 1302s, Karmann Ghia vert and Type 3 Fastback. Razz Very Happy Shocked

'67 Splitty Bus

Last edited by DONGKG on Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:53 am; edited 2 times in total
DONGKG
The Araneta Boys

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the pictures of the finished German Look of Laurence

'67 Splitty Bus
DONGKG
The Araneta Boys

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the Logo of Jimmy Galvez' Volkswagen Shop.

'67 Splitty Bus
beeps
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Classifieds Feedback
DONGKG
The Araneta Boys

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beeps wrote:
Nice! Smile

Thanks, man. Invite your friends to post your vee-dubs on this thread. Post your vw too. pare. Salamat! Very Happy
'67 Splitty Bus
DONGKG
The Araneta Boys

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joey Rocero's 1975 1303s

'67 Splitty Bus
DONGKG
The Araneta Boys

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR Cabrera's German Look Bugs.

'67 Splitty Bus
DONGKG
The Araneta Boys

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bug-Run to Baguio City, Philippines. Some 300 Kilometers from Manila City and at about 6000 feet above see level altitude.

We had as Volkswagen Show and Bug-In in Baguio City.

Link

'67 Splitty Bus
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> International All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: