Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW powered motorcycles
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:39 pm    Post subject: VW powered motorcycles Reply with quote

Looking for VW Powered motorcycle enthusiasts. Motorcycle only! Trikes are nice but I'm looking for VW Bikes (2wheels) made in the 60's and early 70's. Companies were called Butterfield or Willis 4's. These bikes were produced with VW motors sold as a complete bike or in kit form from the dealer . KICKSTART only engines! Willing to share info and pics. Many have never seen one let alone know their name. If you know someone who has one please pass this along. THANK'S
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 1:58 pm    Post subject: VW POWERED MOTORCYCLES Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/index.php?search+motorcycle+exact
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TheSickness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 6:26 pm    Post subject: VW POWERED MOTORCYCLES Reply with quote

WHOLY CRAP I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TheSickness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 6:27 pm    Post subject: VW POWERED MOTORCYCLES Reply with quote

dude im with you ooweel....if you find one, or more than one, hook me up, we'll start our own club, and we'll ride around with kaiser helmets on. no seriously, i think that bike is frikkin cool and i want one so bad.
Aussiebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 11:15 pm    Post subject: VW POWERED MOTORCYCLES Reply with quote

Ah yes - I remember seeing a BMW in the mid 60s with a 1200VW engine.

It sure sounded nice - just wished I'd been old enough to have a licence and game enough to ask him for a ride!

Rob
Rob and Dave's aircooled VW pages
Repairs and maintenance for the home mechanic
http://www.geocities.com/aussiebug1970/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
modockid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:15 pm    Post subject: VW POWERED MOTORCYCLES Reply with quote

well for one i know that a company in brazil maid them for the local police , other than that , nothin that i can find, they called em "amazonas" however you aint gonna find much on the web , i plan on building my own version of the amazona , it wont be called that though , i hope to mass produce it ,or at least build to order , if you have further questions , email me at [email protected] , i'll tell ya more at that time
58Type2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 11:58 am    Post subject: VW POWERED MOTORCYCLES Reply with quote

I have had this one on my puter for quite some time. I know, am a bit late on the posting.

http://freakyjax.homestead.com/VWCycles.html

Jax
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to a fella the other day about the BMW/VW Russian Motorcycle. I was wondering if anyone had more info on this beast/contraption?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bvolks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a story about the Amazonas in a late 1991 - early 1992 VW Trends issue. It used the VW engine and transmission. I'll let you know exactly which one when I find it. I'm quite sure you could buy the kit way back then.
vw2165slr58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: vw powered motor cycles Reply with quote

i`ve seen BMW`s with vw engines on them . someone makes the adapter for the conversion. the local guy with one has a 1600 single port dual carbed motor on his R75 . its way cooool! Laughing
speedster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a bike like you discribe, complete with sidecar. It is a 67 BMW and in excellent condition. Any idea what it is worth? don't want to pay too much for it. Someone along the way has grafted a windjammer on it but other than that it is stock and excellent. Looking for any info I can find. THe side care is pretty fancy. Belonged to a BMW dealer that passed away and now his son wants to sell it.

Thanks,
Ben
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ozz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Motorcycle Reply with quote

http://www.musicoxide.com/burkey/
dogapult
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, this thread has been brought back from the dead waaaayyyyyy too many times...look at some o f the original post dates!

gzg1406: "bamboo sounds almost like manboob"
2weel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Dead You SAy! Reply with quote

The Bike posted 2 posts above is Bud Burkeys in TN. That bike is very nice! You should see the one he was campaining in 06. Its red and the detail in his work is outrageous! Guy is a fantastic craftsman! His bikes are all show and all GO! Rides them hard!

ooweel
RocklinDave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Here's one from a guy at meet in the middle car show Reply with quote

this one showed up at our clubs "meet in the middle " car show a couple of weeks ago, on the centrial coast
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Now just a hotrodder
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
2weel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: A post from the past! Reply with quote

The bike in the picture is a Butterfield conversion. I took it to the MITM BBQ as the clutch is on its last leg so I threw it into my DC. Had planned on ridin over but some parts for this bike are just whack to replace cost wise so rather than scatter or lock something up, I chose to bring it in piggy back.

Info on the bike:
1965 BMW /2 Butterfield VMW (original prototype bike for the build)
SP 1600 cc kickstart only!
helowrench
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could find the necessary parts, I would convert a BMW or even a Goldwing in a heartbeat.

Rob
73 914 1.7
12 Passat 2.5 Highway cruiser
2weel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: They are out there Reply with quote

Parts are available. Webley/Vickers still produces them. His name is Doug Whitson and owns Boss Hoss of Ca. Guys are also now taking Wings and converting them to. So if your really interested it can be done.
Lotta time, money and effort!
2weel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: VW Powered bike for sale now Reply with quote

Not affiliated but, for those that want to see a VW powered Motorcycle? One is up for sale right now. See below. Actually in St. Louis

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/295733528.html
CarreraRS2.7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any Type IV powered bikes Twisted Evil

Gigi: Saturn Yellow 1974 Karmann Ghia Cabriolet

El Barto: Rosso 2017 Fiat 500 Abarth
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: