Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need help once again...
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dixonmanor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Need help once again... Reply with quote

Alright... so I got the gas cap issue taken care of- an enthusiast on the New Hampshire/Maine border was able to pull one of the early Baja project that he's got sitting in pieces for his 4 year sold.

Now, I make it NYC... the only issues so far have been the fan belt and the gas cap. Fine. Great. I meet my friends in Manhatten for a couple of much-needed beers, we go to get in the car and drive home to Brooklyn. Battery's dead. No prob- call AAA, they're there in minutes. I take off the rear driver side curtain, so he can his cables to my battery (it's behind the rear seats) and she fires right up.

Then I drive with out incident to Brooklyn. Then I remember I left my side curtain in Manhatten. Fuck.

So- anyone in the greater NY area have a rear, driver's side side-curtain? Mine was pretty beat up, and I was gonna replace it sooner or later... but I need something now! I searched classifieds, nothing in NY. I'll be here for about 10 days, so getting one shipped is a possibility. Let me know. Thanks again.
vwthingboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Juan at Pegasus has 2 Things that he might/can use as parts cars.

You can give him a call and see if he has a side curtain:
http://www.pegasus1.net/Directions.html

Otherwise, it sounds like things are going pretty well overall, except all the rain here in the NYC area the last couple o' days.

Good Luck.

-Sean in NYC
dixonmanor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to Juan... he doesn't think he has one, so I decided to go ahead and replace all the windows. I was going to do this when I got home- my side curtains are falling apart as it is- so I just had the Thing Shop ship 'em to my friend in Brooklyn.

Thanks for the info, though.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: