Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rebuilding my 1968 Bus motor by myself.
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cforssi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Rebuilding my 1968 Bus motor by myself. Reply with quote

The engine in my 1968 bus is I believe a goner. I am going to rebuild it. Does anyone have a place to get the parts in a kit? I saw one on Ebay which includes most of the parts, (crankshaft, pistons, bearings,) and all of the rest for $454 plus shipping. The ad says that it comes with either Mahle pistons or China made ones. Does this sound like a good deal or should I look elsewhere? The reason being is my main seal has been leaking and I have tried to fix it 4 times to no avail. I think the endplay is probably way too much so, a rebuild may solve this problem. The engine was rebuilt once already about 20 years ago professionally but I have never rebuilt it myself, do you think I can do it? I have the idiots guide to work with and my friends say that it is not that hard to do. What do you think? Thanks for any help, Charles Confused

Last edited by cforssi on Tue May 14, 2013 6:51 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
guitarman63mm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.amazon.com/Rebuild-Volkswagen-air-Coole...+aircooled

Don't try to do it without the Wilson book and the Bentley.

- 1974 Safaré Custom Camper. 091 trans + Dual Weber 34 ICTs + Pertronix SVDA + 1.7L 914 T4 engine.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: