Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Phoenix Bug-o-Rama is ON
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
52HoffmanSplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rustisnotacrime wrote:
52HoffmanSplit wrote:
When I hear split.. I think Split Window BUGS!! Smile

You didnt get the memo.

Bugs are for girls. Very Happy

I enjoyed my experiance out there. I have no complaints.

Wha wha WHAT!! Smile NOT even man.... !! very manly. Mi Bug es Muey Machismo!!

9/1950 Hoffman Standard
11/1966 Porsche 912
10/1966 Porsche 912
7/1968 Type 265 Double Cab
10/1958 Type 117
wickedwater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the split misunderstanding, but I think the bus crowd officially owns the "split" reference now and quite frankly has for years.

I do have a new suggestion for all you split oval window bug people though. And here it is..."SPLIT EGG". Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
52HoffmanSplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
Sorry about the split misunderstanding, but I think the bus crowd officially owns the "split" reference now and quite frankly has for years.

I do have a new suggestion for all you split oval window bug people though. And here it is..."SPLIT EGG". Wink

How many years?? Cause.. it wasnt that way back in the wild and wooly days.. and Im talking.. early 80's to Mid 90's.... some of us have been at this for longer than last weekend girlie. Very Happy

9/1950 Hoffman Standard
11/1966 Porsche 912
10/1966 Porsche 912
10/1958 Type 117
wickedwater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off I don't know where you get this "girlie" thing from and the weekend remark is pretty lame as well. I try to stay away from that kind of talk to keep things peaceful. Anyway, thinking back I can remember the phrase being used in the second half of the nineties-so I think your time line is about right.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
52HoffmanSplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
First off I don't know where you get this "girlie" thing from and the weekend remark is pretty lame as well. I try to stay away from that kind of talk to keep things peaceful. Anyway, thinking back I can remember the phrase being used in the second half of the nineties-so I think your time line is about right.

Really?? well.. try not to call people "Split Egg" which is synonymous with
PUS*Y... or didnt you know that... in effect you were calling all Bug drivers... and Split Window drivers pussy's... so it would seem that either I am completely mistaken in what you meant.. (perhaps you were offering me breakfast?) or.... you fired the first shot in that battle..... Smile I just... well...... fired the last one. Scrambled Eggs anyone?

NUFF SAID

9/1950 Hoffman Standard
11/1966 Porsche 912
10/1966 Porsche 912
10/1958 Type 117
wickedwater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard split egg being of reference to any of the female part of the body. Have heard of the term split egg which refers to a fertilized egg splitting and creating twins. This is why I made the statement because the back widow is oval (shaped like a chicken egg) and split egg refers to identical twins. Nothing scrambled here, but I think your brain is poached. Don't try to drag other people into this by refering to all bug people, you are not a conversationalist, just an idiot with a mouth. No direspect ment or intended to all you split bug people if you took it that way.
52HoffmanSplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
Never heard split egg being of reference to any of the female part of the body. Have heard of the term split egg which refers to a fertilized egg splitting and creating twins. This is why I made the statement because the back widow is oval (shaped like a chicken egg) and split egg refers to identical twins. Nothing scrambled here, but I think your brain is poached. Don't try to drag other people into this by refering to all bug people, you are not a conversationalist, just an idiot with a mouth. No direspect ment or intended to all you split bug people if you took it that way.

Not a conversationalist? Awww Honey.. is this our first fight? Still you aplogized.... so... I think you have learned your lesson. Its pretty obvious your comment wasn't a biology lesson .. it was meant with complete disrespect..... so catch up on your street lingo Bethany....

Dont you have any sense of yuma?

as I said before... NUFF SAID.

9/1950 Hoffman Standard
11/1966 Porsche 912
10/1966 Porsche 912
10/1958 Type 117
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Split or Split-Window = Split-Window Bug
Split-Screen = Bus

There were tons of Bus parts there.

If anything is changed, keep the show and swap on the same side and close together. The previous years where it was split between both sides of the track was ridiculous. I'm glad they made that change.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Last edited by EverettB on Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wickedwater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't apologize to you, why would I? I've done nothing wrong. I was addressing other split bug people out there that you were trying to drag into this dumb little tiff.

Anyway, like Everett pointed out, even this forum menu refers to split beetles, split barndoor, and split bus.
Desertbusman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years ago when I was rounding up wads of parts for the first build it was wonderful that the swap area was right next to the spectator parking. Sure wouldn't have wanted to carry complete front ends and other heavy stuff more than 1/2 mile. But now, parking in the show area it's nice to just carry the little swap trinkets a short ways. The original fear with the gate assignments was that the swap area was going to be on the other side of the lake.
The one thing that I did miss is the attention to printed and web details. Both prior, during, and after. The event program with race and show classes, etc. And then the followup with results, photos. etc.
RINC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking about the pit parking. I thought that was cool. The LLVW guys an gals were parked down along the track under the lights BBQ'ing.

I may do that next year as I dont have much junk to get rid of in the swap.
redbug74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

52HoffmanSplit wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

Not a conversationalist? Awww Honey.. is this our first fight? Still you aplogized.... so... I think you have learned your lesson. Its pretty obvious your comment wasn't a biology lesson .. it was meant with complete disrespect..... so catch up on your street lingo Bethany....

Dont you have any sense of yuma?

as I said before... NUFF SAID.

Play nice in this sandbox or take it to the Rants. Rolling Eyes

74 Standard Type 1
69 Squareback Type 3
55 Oval Type 1
15 windowdelux
Samba Goober

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was glad to see the show back this year. I did find a late model squareback passenger mirror for 15 bucks. We were late to the show though,(too much alcohol), but overall great time there. Cars in the show were packed together, it would worry me that some one walking through might bump or scratch a car.
Carlin's "Seven words you can't say on television"????
Paul Wilson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the swap being on the same side as the Show. Getting into the swap to set up was confusing. The people overseeing the line didn't know what was going on . People lined up early as usual but no one told us we had to walk up to the ticket booth, get tickets, walk back then dash for the gate. No one seemed to know how we were supposed to park, so we ended up having to shift everything twice. I know several regular swappers that were turned of with the high cost of swapping. $55 for a space and swap pardner. So the turn out was less than expected. I think the small swapper with his junk is what makes it fun. The AZ VW Club had some fine times with $5 spaces and canned goods donations for Saint Mary's food Bank as entry fee. Those were the days ! I did have a great time and saw old friends and made some new ones. I always take my own food and drink. I got sick of the half cooked, cold dogs on a bun and $2.50 beer.
uglyoffroader
52HoffmanSplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Wilson wrote:
The AZ VW Club had some fine times with $5 spaces and canned goods donations for Saint Mary's food Bank as entry fee. Those were the days !

AMEN! Remember those great Phoenix College Swaps.. and the Excellent ones at the VFW Hall on Cave Creek Road... someone needs to sponsor a 3 or 4 times yearly swap meet ONLY at a central location..... Those were good times.. and the VFW Wives cooked a mean 2.00 breakfast!!!

My first swap in Phoenix was Jan Blairs yard.. I was talking to Jan and we figured it was 1983 or so... has it been 24 years??

9/1950 Hoffman Standard
11/1966 Porsche 912
10/1966 Porsche 912
10/1958 Type 117
RINC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Wilson wrote:
I think the small swapper with his junk is what makes it fun.

I sure did enjoy my self.

I had lots of junk.

I made the entry fee up on one sale.

Then the rest of the day was gravy.

I do miss the swaps at Fhoenix Kollege. Very Happy
lemorris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's our video

http://www.dhphut.com/movies/movies.html

here's a link to the wmv file if you prefer that one

http://www.dhphut.com/movies/bor2007.wmv

This version is for special folk like all our friends here on The Samba. I'm rendering another version that will be linked to from the Bug-O-Rama page that will be a little more show specific. Once it's ready I'll pass the link on to you guys.

huh?

My favorite part?

Well...there's a scene where my son is standing with some waterpumpers and I ask them to throw a peace sign and it's weird because just as they do throw the sign at least 3 other people in the backgound raise their arms for various reasons. It's real quick but for just a second it seem as though everyone is in unison.

I want to say cool to DHP-NM one more time. It means a lot to us.

I'll post this in the General Video section as usual.

I had a great time.

Awesome job Steve!

-Lemorris
redbug74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone said new was better and that some folks were put off by the changes. Paul raises some valid points. Before, everyone entered throught the same gates paid thier admission then went to where they needed to go. Waiting at the gate then being told to go get a ticket then dashing back to get in is not very efficient. Having to move twice is no fun either. Perhaps these are good reasons to move the swap meet back to the Spectator side of the track. This also makes it easier to carry heavy swap items back to your car. I think it also creates more room for the cramped show car area. Again it was hard to see the cars and squeezing between rows of cars made scratching them a high risk. Perhaps reducing the swap meet price a little would mean increased swappers and again nessecitate opening up the other side. Oh and by the way beers were $6, $7 & $8 bucks a far cry from the $2.50 days. Nobody forced me to go and I am NOT complaining but, waiting in line for 30 mins. to pay $15.50 for a Coke, a Brat and fries ???? Open up some more concessions like on the "spectator" side why dont ya? I will say the bathrooms were pretty clean especially in the spectator side. It was a Great show and the ( I think) unexpectedly high turn out created some minor problems. I for one will return next year and I hope the promoters take this and other posts as suggestions not criticisms. Without promoters there would be no major events. Lets keep supporting the VW community and turn out again next year for a great event.

74 Standard Type 1
69 Squareback Type 3
55 Oval Type 1
RINC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redbug74 wrote:
Lets keep supporting the VW community and turn out again next year for a great event.

Amen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: