Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Everybus 2007?
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
lovethosebuses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Everybus 2007? Reply with quote

Anybody here have plans to attend EB this year in Greensboro North Carolina April 12-15th.

We are going to do whatever we can to ensure that Alice makes the trip this year. We are really excited about it! I'd love to talk to some others who are planning to go or who have gone in previous years!

We are east of Toronto....love to drive down with others...

VW Logo

'75 Orange Westy - Alice The Wonder Bus VW Logo
vwbrain
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guy Check on fullmoonbusclub.com there is a large group of canadians that come each year. get in touch with Greg Potts or Jamie Rivers .I have been to them all except for the flood year. I will be there again this year later and have fun mark Dearing
lovethosebuses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks vwbrain. We have met Potts and Jamie at other VW events...I am sure they are going to make it. We may carabus with Potts, and have now met another couple from the Samba that want to join us too!! Dancing

Here is a link for EB info if anyone is interested. I love to meet more Samba members there!

http://www.mindspring.com/~everybus/pics.html

I found Greg Potts trip report to be a great read and gives a great idea about what all goes on!! Have a look!

VDubTech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone can go camping in North Carolina...now tell me lovethosebuses....you up for som camping in your neck of the woods next month? Gregg Potts hosts the True Canadian Winter Bus Campout next month, February 17 in Hamilton, ON. I will be there and my buddy will be tagging along with his '69 Westy. We're camping Friday and Saturday....hope to see you there.

http://www.pottsfamily.ca/The_Bug_Pack/TCWBC/
lovethosebuses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks VDubTech!

Yes...we are fully aware of the TCWBC, but seeing as how we don't have an engine that runs at this point, I don't see us there.

We are working with Scott at German Supply at getting a good engine to work with, and hopefully that comes together soon.

I hope you have an awesome time...its definitely something I would like to do one year. This would be a great year to do it, with our temperatures being so great and well above average. Hopefully you guys get great weekend weather!!

Please make sure to take and post lots of pics!

vwbrain
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey LTB
Code:
   Check out www.fullmoonbusclub.com    everybus, naturalbus, smallcountry,buseson the river,dixiebus,highcountry   are all fullmoon events and are probably the best campouts on the east coast  later  MD
lovethosebuses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I have their site bookmarked!

Miamitype2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We made the trek from Texas last year...and had a blast! It was great meeting such cool folk like good ole Mark D himself. Alas, we do plan on making the trip again this year, but time will tell if we are staying in Tx. If we make it back to Vegas before April....no trip for us this year.
Regardless, you can't beat NC, and the campground was great... even with the rain....Craig's pig made it one of the best I've ever attended.

Chris n Jaime
lovethosebuses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your reply! What can you tell me about the campsite? Are there hook ups there? A shelter or pavillion?

What other things did you enjoy about EB?!

Miamitype2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there were hookups, but not in all the camping areas. We got there Thursday afternoon, and it wasn't an issue getting a spot with power and water. It was very convenient to walk around and meet/see everyone and all the other buses, as well.
The park, Hagen Stone was a great place to explore as well. It had at least 2 lakes on it for fishing, etc. There is a large pavillion where they hold the breakfast, etc...so that was great when it got wet.
The people and the campout itself made the event. Everyone was very nice, friendly and fun to hang around with. I have been to many VW campouts, and this one ranked in the top 2 or 3.
lovethosebuses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegastype2 wrote:
Yes, there were hookups, but not in all the camping areas. We got there Thursday afternoon, and it wasn't an issue getting a spot with power and water. It was very convenient to walk around and meet/see everyone and all the other buses, as well.
The park, Hagen Stone was a great place to explore as well. It had at least 2 lakes on it for fishing, etc. There is a large pavillion where they hold the breakfast, etc...so that was great when it got wet.
The people and the campout itself made the event. Everyone was very nice, friendly and fun to hang around with. I have been to many VW campouts, and this one ranked in the top 2 or 3.

Awesome! Sounds like a great time!!! Is there an additional cost for a site with a hook up? Are the sites first come first serve or do you have to book or reserve a spot?
Are the dogs allowed in the lakes or are there restrictions on that?

Do you have any pictures you could post or PM to me?!!!

Ohhh I am getting so excited!!!!

VWsArent4Hippies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll definitely be there again this year. Hell it's only 20 minutes from my house...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Miamitype2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]
Awesome! Sounds like a great time!!! Is there an additional cost for a site with a hook up? Are the sites first come first serve or do you have to book or reserve a spot?
Are the dogs allowed in the lakes or are there restrictions on that?

Do you have any pictures you could post or PM to me?!!!

Ohhh I am getting so excited!!!![/quote]

No extra charge. One fee for the campout. And, yes, it is first come first served as far as the sites are concerned. As the weekend goes on, it fills up, and the inner loop is where most seemed to end up.... kinda like just squat where you can. So, if you can, get there Thurs or early Fri.
Dogs in the lakes..I don't know. We had ours, but the last thing I wanted was a wet-smelly dog in the bus....he already had scented it in the 2 days it took to get there. My pics are pretty much just my bus, and other buses. Just search "everybus" here on the samba, or go to the campouts website, http://www.mindspring.com/~everybus/ for more pics.
We'll be there again if we are still here in Tx then.
lovethosebuses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks for all the info! I am really excited about getting there this year.

Off to do a Samba search for Everybus Smile

vwbrain
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We made the trek from Texas last year...and had a blast! It was great meeting such cool folk like good ole Mark D himself. Alas, we do plan on making the trip again this year, but time will tell if we are staying in Tx. If we make it back to Vegas before April....no trip for us this year.
Regardless, you can't beat NC, and the campground was great... even with the rain....Craig's pig made it one of the best I've ever attended.

hey Chris It was great meeting you guys also, hows the lady and dog doing well I hope. Craig's BBQ pig was great but some of the veggieheads seemed to had a problem with it but they were way out numbered LOL LTB where are you located ,says Alices resturant but I am not really sure where that really was. First weekend in June Naturalbus at Natural Bridge Virginia is getting to be a Favorite with everybody. Nice campground, good rates, swimming pool and ponds , james River , AT trails real close by, Blue Ridge Parkway, and more neat stuff to see that it can't be done in a weekend , really need about a week to do all around there . Most of us ole timers never leave the campground but a few do go canoeing and kayaking , and hiking . I don't think they have upgraded the web yet but it was www.naturalbus.com later Mark Dearing
lovethosebuses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am up in Canada, near Toronto.

Everybus is going to be about a 15 hour drive according to Greg Potts who did it last year.

Smile

Last edited by lovethosebuses on Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Craig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegastype2 wrote:

Chris n Jaime

Hope you and Jaime can make it again Chris. We need those knives again too. We're wishing over here that a local will put his own twist on the meat. He won't be off playing cards while someone kills the heat.

lovethosebuses,

VDubTech wrote:
Anyone can go camping in North Carolina...now tell me lovethosebuses....you up for som camping in your neck of the woods next month? Gregg Potts hosts the True Canadian Winter Bus Campout next month, February 17 in Hamilton, ON. I will be there and my buddy will be tagging along with his '69 Westy. We're camping Friday and Saturday....hope to see you there.

This guy's right, except for the fact that you can't come here camping in Mayberry anytime you want because of the distance from Ontario. But if you do that cold-ass Canada campout, Everybus in April in Pleasant Garden, as well as Nachobus in Virginia in early June, will be cakewalks, including getting thereabouts.

Craig
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Miamitype2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO L42Y wrote:
vegastype2 wrote:

Chris n Jaime

Hope you and Jaime can make it again Chris. We need those knives again too. We're wishing over here that a local will put his own twist on the meat. He won't be off playing cards while someone kills the heat.

lovethosebuses,

VDubTech wrote:

This guy's right, except for the fact that you can't come here camping in Mayberry anytime you want because of the distance from Ontario. But if you do that cold-ass Canada campout, Everybus in April in Pleasant Garden, as well as Nachobus in Virginia in early June, will be cakewalks, including getting thereabouts.

Craig

Thanks Craig! And Mark! Great to hear from both y'all....we would love to make it again, and just today Jaime asked me when EB is...when I told her it as in April, she looked rather perplexed...guess she thought it was sooner. Unfortunately, more than likely, we are headed back west. I know, Craig, you know my kids are in Cali, so I am headed back that way to be closer to them. That would be one hell of a trek...Vegas to Pleasant Garden..... jeez. Well, trust me, I will contemplate it. Just don't know if my ass and back can take the....2,300 miles each way....not too mention, that would be like an 12 day event...at best!!!!! Hey, blow it off and we can meet in the middle a week earlier at the Texas Classic!!!
Miamitype2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to laugh when I read that.... Jaime asked me, when EB is.... the VW campout virgin asked me when EB is...funny. Must have been a GREAT campout last year!!!!
Just a tid-bit.....
vwbrain
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Chris Fly out and I will loan you a bus to camp in. Even better do it for Naturalbus which is the campout we sponsor and is only 50 miles from us. later Mark Dearing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: