Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

stock cam with 1,4 rockers
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tami
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: stock cam with 1,4 rockers Reply with quote

anybody has tried that combo.i have 88 forged mahles and sport muffler in stock 1.6 engine and wondering if rockers and 40 webers will give a little more hp.has somebody tried that combo or is it waste of money?thanks
Vayabroder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Rockers Reply with quote

You can use them without risks on a stock cam but to really get some benefit you need to get some head porting done.
Multi69s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both my dad and myself are running stock cams and 1:1.4 rockers in our 2010s. We are also running dual weber 44s. He is running a baja bug and mine is in my street bug. It is a very smooth conbination, it will give you more power then a stock cam alone, but it is not a high RPM setup. Drivability is similar to a stock cam, but with more horsepower across the powerband. You also get excellent fuel milage with this setup. However, don't by cheap rockers, they will fail early and are a pain to setup correctly.
Gone but not forgotten 72 Baja Bug 2010
My builds
T4 into Squareback http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=458944&highlight=
Auto Trans Rebuild http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=516066&highlight=
AC in Squareback https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
67Beetle2017
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also used this combo on my first 1600 many years ago. I first used the stock springs but since the car was able accelerate faster, valve float would set in at around 4000rpm.

I pulled the heads and install some HD singles and ported the heads. As far as valve float, no more problem and the car could be shifted at 5200rpm with regularity.

X2 do not use cheap rockers. I was using old autocraft rockers at the time.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: