Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Info on Motometer sending units
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EnzoRocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, I know how that goes. Feel free to send me an email at

[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
billmetric
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Ohm readings from the above small Moto Meter sender with the plastic float: Full reads 164 Ω, in the middle around 75 Ω, empty reads about 5-10 Ω then goes to infinity at the very bottom, seems backwards to me but that seems to be how its made, I noticed that you could easily flip the resistance coil board to the fresh unused side as it is a mirror image of the other side, that or you could flip it to read resistance the opposite way, anyone else have readings from their units?
There is an idea of a Billmetric; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there...
ovalslider
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any one finds where I can get all the sending units, please send me info too. I will pay for any that are for sale. As I have the Motometer set and no sending units for either the gas or oil gauge.
57 Baja (not my doing)
60 Deluxe Bug
72 Ghia Vert
EnzoRocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billmetric,

I am waiting for a response from the hollywood gauge (they have my gauges). The resistance range on my fuel gauge is 10 - 180. Seems like this is a match, but I'm not sure what range the other variations have. Could you email me with your price? [email protected]

I have a bunch of spare parts for ovals - not sure if a trade is possible.

Thanks again,

Taylor
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
59 Rag Top
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if the post is still up with the pics, but I posted the oil sender and the fuel sender for my 3in1 Motometer gauge. You may be able to "see" what the sender looks like. Also, my fuel sender is cork as well. If pics are needed again feel free to let me know and I'll snap some for yall..
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Info on Motometer sending units Reply with quote

This gauge & sending unit is out of my Dec. 57 beetle, and date codes are late '57 also. I'm curious when this style ended, and when they switched to the sending unit in the neck area.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: