Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Get Rid of your inline fuel filter!!
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
alg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: fuel filters in the engine compartment Reply with quote

clearly there are very personal feelings about this topic.

I would like to ask that *if* you have a fuel filter in your engine already (and perhaps you just spent $$ and 45 days replacing your entire fuel system) would you think that putting the fuel filter between the metal line coming around the fan shroud and the fuel pump would be an ok solution???

If it leaked it would not be near/above any sparks, and its location would not pull on the brass inlet to the carb.

But, I ask because I wonder if this location might be hotter than if the fuel filter was 'hanging' from the carb as it is in so many engine compartments.

Thanks for any experiences you can share.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
spiderjames
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone ever replace the inlet tube in the carb with a threaded fitting? Seems like a simple solution but I've never tried it.
TimGud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiderjames wrote:
Anyone ever replace the inlet tube in the carb with a threaded fitting? Seems like a simple solution but I've never tried it.

Keifernets solution was ingenious. He uses the high strength loctite. I flared mine a bit drove it back in and used locktite after reading that tip.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: