Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Ghia hunting history...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fiatdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Fiatdude wrote:
I've had more VW Photos deleted from the gallery in this forum than from photobucket,,,, and the only copies I had too -- and that is the reason I use it....

If something was removed that was VW-related, you should contact me.

Sorry Ev I didn't see your reply -- -- They were all the build pics of my VW powered Fiat -- -- I forget which one of the Mods got a hard-on for that car and said it wasn't a vw and killed them all
all I've got left is three pictures -- The BEGINNING -- the Wheelie and one someone sent me from the Panic

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

jwold
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

Was this one on Cl? I thought I saw it on there for about a minute or two.
aero3113
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

I saw this Ghia on I95 South about 5 miles from Savannah. Is it anyone's on the forum? Looked like it was in great shape.

Boo-Koo-Z Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

A few months ago I spotted a pair of ghias buried under 15 inches of snow. I door knocked and owner was ready to sell. It was freezing out and tough to get to the cars but I could tell enough that one was a early 60s and the other a lowlight. I uncovered half of the lowlight and started asking about a deal. We shook hands at a reasonable pair price and decided we would let the snow clear away before pickup. I did notice that the lowlight which the owner said was a 59 had 4 lug bolt pattern. Well i finally got to picking up the first of the 2... The 59 and here is what I've purchased! It's a bit of an odd one but still cool. Upon some inspection I've noticed the ghia body is on a complete 69 IRS type 3 Squareback pan??? I had no clue this could be possible. It's titled as the 59 ghia vin from the front trunk plate but under the rear seat is the Squareback vin #. It's definitely a full type 3 pan including front beam. Also check out the sweet t tops! Let me know your thoughts on this one...

Desert Fox Spoiler Buggy
60 crew cab, 64 21 Window Deluxe Bus clone
63 OG Manilla yellow Ghia
73 Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FNGRUVN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

I just bought this '67 over the weekend. I spotted this one a couple of years ago under a tarp, next to a house. I talked to the owner at the time, but he wasn't ready to sell. "I'm going to restore it one of these days", he said.

Well, the other day I get a call out of the blue. He's ready to sell. I go over there and see it for the first time without a tarp over it. What do you know? It's a convertible!

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. "I think I'll restore it one of these days". Laughing It will be on the back burner until I get a couple of my bus projects done. I'll start a build thread when I get into it. Any advice from you guys would be appreciated. I know nothing about Ghias.

oldbusboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

"Also check out the sweet t tops! "

I've got a really nice '59 roof if you are interested.

Trevor
thecrazybishop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

Found this '59 in a scrap yard in north Texas. It (clearly) needs some work but it will be fun to do.
bugpowered
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

You are fortunate sir...I found an old junkyard with vws in it and all of them were 2/3 back to rust. Congratulations.
thecrazybishop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

Thanks. We were taking a friends car up there and just happened upon it. I traded a 1970 Ford pickup for it. The guy wasn't a fan of VW's and just wanted it out of the way.
Brassneck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

Love the patina on it...get some clear coat on there and call it good!
DogGeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

I had my 2012 Jetta in for service at the VW dealer in Fredericksburg, Virginia, this morning. There are three air-cooled cars in the showroom. The Ghia cabrio looked like maybe a late 67, or possibly had parts from a 68. All had "Not for Sale" signs, but it was a lot of fun to see them!

CiderGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

Spotted this Karmann Ghia in a shopping center in Bethlehem Pa. Its either a 70 or 71.

First time I have ever seen one parked and not going by me on the road. The missing side chrome was on the back seat.

1970 Karmann Ghia Coupe
1973 Karmann Ghia Coupe - Project car for sale
1970 Karmann Ghia Convertible (Body off restoration)

Timing is everything
Kerry67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

I love this thread. Always been drawn to abandoned, junkyard or patiently waiting cars. Great pics and great stories!
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

Kerry67 wrote:
I love this thread. Always been drawn to abandoned, junkyard or patiently waiting cars. Great pics and great stories!
I discovered this 56 or 57 car and I fell in love with it, it has a good vibe and I want it. Very Happy Its 700 bucks but it has no motor just the trans. It has most everything else sort of, I think I can make it drive. Cool

1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

Red Fau Veh wrote:
Kerry67 wrote:
I discovered this 56 or 57 car and I fell in love with it, it has a good vibe and I want it. Very Happy Its 700 bucks but it has no motor just the trans. It has most everything else sort of, I think I can make it drive. Cool

Looks like a September '56 from the Vin #: http://www.kglowlightregistry.com/index.php?cur_pa...rttype=ASC

Nice find. Smile
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:
Nice find. Smile

X2. At $700, if nothing else, you score a nice basket of lowlight parts where you can easily recoup your investment and then some. Looks pretty solid and should make for a nice driver. Congrats! Applause
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

sun baked arizona low light....nice....looks like it could be a cognac too. congrats!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

Its Antelope brown I guess, imagine it looking like this bitd!

1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

Even better!^
Air Cooleds Only
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in ghia hunting history... Reply with quote

Im digging the Ronald Mc'D wheel and brake setup on the front.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Jump to:
Page 43 of 58

Jump to: