Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrmdls
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6Kabrio7 wrote:
Someone explain the decklid to me.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1004600

It looks like some sort of insect with all the things going on there. All the different color's, the stinger, the pipes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mrmdls
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One question for the regulars here. Where that 77 beetle sold for 38k at auction, do you think every dreamer in the world is going to start asking even crazier amounts?

Last edited by mrmdls on Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rutch mathers wrote:
hitest wrote:
rutch mathers wrote:
49vwsplit wrote:
At best.....this is a $500 car:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1611416
GLAD I finally made it to the bug whines!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bragging aside- that car is pretty horrible. Hope you're planning on a 60% off sale. In running condition- it's $1500 car here in the NW. Maybe it's worth a little more in New England- but not factoring $1000 shipping. Anywhere else in the country- that car would and should be scalped and crushed.

Thanks for the input! If you have any running driving semaphore ragtops in your area for 1500 send me the info cause I'd love to buy it!

Sorry Rutch- I did come off pretty harshly. The fact is, it's a roof clip plus parts because of the amount of rust. Years ago, semaphore rags were preserved- but now, they're duplicated/hacked in on better sedan bodies. I sold my '60 semaphore convertible 4 years ago for $1500 just because it required as much metal work as a running, no-restore-necessary example. It's all in the economics. Your rag unfortunately is in the category of "uneconomical to repair" at your asking price.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrmdls wrote:
every dreamer in the world is going to start asking even crazier amounts?

already happening, all you have to do is look what is for sale and become a regular Wink
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
6Kabrio7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rutch why did you let that rusted out hulk get worse by letting it fill up with water in the rain?
Derek Cobb
Annoying

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:

WTF? lol

How about this one, all I can do is shake my head.....

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1577317

Needs a few more rivets to be perfect, and a more specific price. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
49vwsplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cobb wrote:
jays58s wrote:

WTF? lol

Needs a few more rivets to be perfect, and a more specific price. Laughing

To think 90% of the pics show the riveted work on the rear yet there aren't any pictures of the front end Confused
Be afraid....be VERY afraid Shocked
mrmdls
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:

WTF? lol

I thought there must of been some mistake about rivets being used, Until I looked at the pictures.
6Kabrio7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been following that 61 ragtop for quite awhile he always post terrible photos but the more I see of that car the more of a POS it looks like.
rutch mathers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6Kabrio7 wrote:
Rutch why did you let that rusted out hulk get worse by letting it fill up with water in the rain?

I guess if you read the add you would know why..... Thanks for the positive comment.... Cheers
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need to start a thread on the word "restoration". Too many people use the words "fully restored" when the trunk or other areas were never touched. Then you get people doing cheap ass restorations and think they have a $15k+ car. Here is one example of a cheap ass restoration and I think this bothers me because I'm big into 58-59's and I know what they should or shouldn't have....

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1625979
alexvw1963
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
I think we need to start a thread on the word "restoration". Too many people use the words "fully restored" when the trunk or other areas were never touched. Then you get people doing cheap ass restorations and think they have a $15k+ car. Here is one example of a cheap ass restoration and I think this bothers me because I'm big into 58-59's and I know what they should or shouldn't have....

Dude ,stop being a hater just because you can't afford it doesn't mean that is a cheap ass restoration.the only thing wrong with this car is that it has the wrong interior and bumpers .
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexvw1963 wrote:
jays58s wrote:

Dude ,stop being a hater just because you can't afford it doesn't mean that is a cheap ass restoration.the only thing wrong with this car is that it has the wrong interior and bumpers .

Being a hater because I can't afford it? You don't know anything about me and that car is a pos as far as I'm concerned. The guy couldn't even put full bumpers on it, used cheap ass interior, and painting the gas tank the same color as the car just shows pure laziness. You might be dumb enough to pay that much for a car, but I sure as hell wouldn't. The fact that you're being the hater tells me your attention to detail is no better than his.
alexvw1963
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
alexvw1963 wrote:
jays58s wrote:

Being a hater because I can't afford it? You don't know anything about me and that car is a pos as far as I'm concerned. The guy couldn't even put full bumpers on it, used cheap ass interior, and painting the gas tank the same color as the car just shows pure laziness. You might be dumb enough to pay that much for a car, but I sure as hell wouldn't. The fact that you're being the hater tells me your attention to detail is no better than his.

Lol, it's actually a good price .$1500 for a wcc interior ,$500 for a ww carpet and $800 for ww bumpers and $100 to repaint the tank .you're at 17,900 for the car.if you were ever to do a full restoration the stuff ads up .also before you call any car a pos you should really look at your photo gallery. Very Happy
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexvw1963 wrote:
jays58s wrote:
alexvw1963 wrote:
jays58s wrote:

Lol, it's actually a good price .$1500 for a wcc interior ,$500 for a ww carpet and $800 for ww bumpers and $100 to repaint the tank .you're at 17,900 for the car.if you were ever to do a full restoration the stuff ads up .also before you call any car a pos you should really look at your photo gallery. Very Happy

Lol, like I said, your attention to detail is obviously no better than his if you think that car is or would be worth that and by trying to judge by a couple cars I have in my gallery. I know exactly what it costs to build a car and for the $25k he claims to have into it, I could build a car correct with WCC interior.
alexvw1963
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
alexvw1963 wrote:
jays58s wrote:
alexvw1963 wrote:
jays58s wrote:

Being a hater because I can't afford it? You don't know anything about me a

nd that car is a pos as far as I'm concerned. The guy couldn't even put full bumpers on it, used cheap ass interior, and painting the gas tank the same color as the car just shows pure laziness. You might be dumb enough to pay that much for a car, but I sure as hell wouldn't. The fact that you're being the hater tells me your attention to detail is no better than his.

Lol, like I said, your attention to detail is obviously no better than his if you think that car is or would be worth that and by trying to judge by a couple cars I have in my gallery. I know exactly what it costs to build a car and for the $25k he claims to have into it, I could build a car correct with WCC interior.

But he's not asking 25k for the car .he's asking 16k and if you add the 2900 for interior ,bumpers and painted gas tank a total of 18,900 .bingo that's my attention for detail.
6Kabrio7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rutch mathers wrote:
6Kabrio7 wrote:

I guess if you read the add you would know why..... Thanks for the positive comment.... Cheers
I don't have to go back and read the ad the fact you let it sit out in the rain uncovered speaks volumes about how much you care about the condition of the car and who would be foolish or naive enough to buy it.
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep the uninformed are part of the reason for driving up the prices by buying an overpriced "RESTORED" car then having to do-over the "MINOR" incorrect things once the get informed Laughing
It reminds me of a saying, a battle of wits with an unarmed person Wink

tasb wrote:

sb001 wrote:
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1626699
Shocked

tasb wrote:

sb001 wrote:
6Kabrio7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

60ragtop wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1626699
Shocked
In driver condition like that I would give him $50-$60.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Page 182 of 422

Jump to: