Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 267, 268, 269 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

SBD wrote:
Whatta' ya expect for $27,000? Very Happy

Wouldn't it be nice if you could knock 10% off the price for every inaccuracy you find in an ad... some of these things might actually be affordable that way.

IMAGE NOTE: It has been noted that Chrome based browsers may have issues in displaying my vast image library, which use non-secure links and are on an FTP server. Images should still be viewable if the link is clicked though.
I do not know how to fix this. All I can say is it all works fine for me with what I use, Firefox.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

if you did that there would be no market, they would have to pay you to take it off their hands Laughing
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
117harv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1997701

I would expect the original engine, bumpers, hood crest? for anywhere close to that money, nice looking car though.
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

117harv wrote:

I would expect the original engine, bumpers, hood crest? for anywhere close to that money, nice looking car though.
The ad says, "The wide bought some really expensive roof rack..." I assume he's referring to his wife? Shocked I'd likely be ducking & running if I called my wife that. Very Happy

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

SBD wrote:
117harv wrote:

The ad says, "The wide bought some really expensive roof rack..." I assume he's referring to his wife? Shocked I'd likely be ducking & running if I called my wife that. Very Happy

If he considers his wide's roof rack expensive, at least that explains the JC Whitney bumpers and cheap-out stuff elsewhere for a sunroof price. The taillight placement sticks a fork in it.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1999820
ground cable for a VW? seems someone threw some tail gate parts into the mix Laughing
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

60ragtop wrote:
ground cable for a VW? seems someone threw some tail gate parts into the mix Laughing
Think Uh, yeah. That doesn't look right. Not talking

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

SBD wrote:
60ragtop wrote:
Think Uh, yeah. That doesn't look right. Not talking

Remind me not to hire this guy as a mechanic. Laughing
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1965233

Not so much as a whine about price but the statement; " Interior liner and 2 dents only work that is needed. Perfect for the serious collector".

In just one picture, I see horribly fitting cheap covers that need the padding replaced. Cheap door cards. Seat framed banged all to hell. Carpet on left of driver appears to be fraying like crazy. Missing glove box latch. Inner window scraper is toast. Incorrect steering wheel color. Incorrect horn ring. Rear bumper is devoid of chrome it appears. Cal look rubber.... Where do people get their rating system?

Granted, not actually a bad car, but to rate it a 1 and say only the headliner and a couple of dents need to be done for the serious collector is a bit off base.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Sharp64 wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1965233

I see a $3-4 grand car "if" it's never been hit front or rear and is rust free. It would be an excellent foundation for a restoration if that's the case. At the price point the seller is listing it at, it should have a good paint job, fresh interior and good mechanicals.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

$500 each....is that for real?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1993793
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

EDIT: deleted, Posted about the wrong guy, sorry VWguru Embarassed
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.

Last edited by 67ctbug on Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

bigdog1962 wrote:

I think he's trying to make some sort of weird commentary about another ad?

Not sure if he's serious here.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

bigdog1962 wrote:

Tom is the Mark Tucker of the VW toy world. Laughing
lojoma
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
SBD wrote:
117harv wrote:

If he considers his wide's roof rack expensive, at least that explains the JC Whitney bumpers and cheap-out stuff elsewhere for a sunroof price. The taillight placement sticks a fork in it.

Trying to learn: What sticks out about the bumpers and tail lights?
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Taillights are too high and the bumpers have black rubber/plastic seals between the overrider and the bumper blade. OE VW bumpers had a more precise fit so they didn't need spacers.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
Most likely... you should see his other ads. They are bad, like really bad.

Bad as in price? I didn't find most of his other ads that unreasonable? Didn't look at all, just the toys.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Oh sorry, wrong guy Embarassed vwguru and vwuguy look very similar on my phone. This guy doesn't look too bad. Great now I feel bad Embarassed Sad Now I'm gonna edit that post...
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Seems a little high to me...
http://nh.craigslist.org/pts/5912522868.html
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
Seems a little high to me...
http://nh.craigslist.org/pts/5912522868.html
That one's ready to drive! Very Happy

mark tucker wrote:
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 267, 268, 269 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Page 268 of 422

Jump to: