Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 182, 183, 184 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rutch mathers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6Kabrio7 wrote:
rutch mathers wrote:
6Kabrio7 wrote:
Rutch why did you let that rusted out hulk get worse by letting it fill up with water in the rain?

I guess if you read the add you would know why..... Thanks for the positive comment.... Cheers
I don't have to go back and read the ad the fact you let it sit out in the rain uncovered speaks volumes about how much you care about the condition of the car and who would be foolish or naive enough to buy it.

If you would like to speak volumes consider arrogance as an excellent trait that you can embrace to Olympic gold standards no doubt. Negative people such as yourself are precisely whats wrong with the car culture today. Cheers
6Kabrio7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rutch mathers wrote:
6Kabrio7 wrote:
rutch mathers wrote:
6Kabrio7 wrote:
Rutch why did you let that rusted out hulk get worse by letting it fill up with water in the rain?

I guess if you read the add you would know why..... Thanks for the positive comment.... Cheers
I don't have to go back and read the ad the fact you let it sit out in the rain uncovered speaks volumes about how much you care about the condition of the car and who would be foolish or naive enough to buy it.

If you would like to speak volumes consider arrogance as an excellent trait that you can embrace to Olympic gold standards no doubt. Negative people such as yourself are precisely whats wrong with the car culture today. Cheers
And once again you completely disregarded and ignored any of the well warranted criticisms of your ad..Talk about arrogance? Maybe you should look up the meaning of self deflection.
rutch mathers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6Kabrio7 wrote:
rutch mathers wrote:
6Kabrio7 wrote:
rutch mathers wrote:
6Kabrio7 wrote:

And once again you completely disregarded and ignored any of the well warranted criticisms of your ad..Talk about arrogance? Maybe you should look up the meaning of self deflection.
Very Happy
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1627325 Laughing Laughing
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chaosisme
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

60ragtop wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1627325 Laughing Laughing

Crazy. I sold a complete, almost rust free '64 project for half that.

'68 FI Sunroof Squareback

'70 Westy

OCT3 - Orange County Type 3's
117harv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
I think we need to start a thread on the word "restoration". Too many people use the words "fully restored" when the trunk or other areas were never touched. Then you get people doing cheap ass restorations and think they have a $15k+ car. Here is one example of a cheap ass restoration and I think this bothers me because I'm big into 58-59's and I know what they should or shouldn't have....

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1625979

I agree about the word (restoration), maybe re-fubished would be a better choice? There are several things not right obvious in just the few pics posted, yet alone what we can't see. I.E. running board trim, the colors of the shifter, steering column, seats, e-brake handle, and as mentioned the tank, whole interior and bumpers...hmmm. Aside from all this it appears to be a fairly decent car for someone that isn't concerned about a 100% origonality...jmo.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me clarify why this puzzles me.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1619520

The ad claims there is north of $57k into this thing- and he seeks offers (for half price?) or trades for a barndoor(!). Fact is- this car has no motor and appears untested! I know Cooker's cars are beautiful, but the ad makes no claim that it was ever completed- then sorted out for all the crazy racing mods. Does the transmission in all its synchronous glory even work? How about the brakes? Should I just the brakes-delete option and see if this car dips below $26k?

Suggestion: Pull the ad, put a 1600DP engine in the car and prove it works- then relist it. As it stands, it's just a really nice non-driveable car with what is likely the highest price for an engineless big window ever.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$650 for an engine that made a banging noise?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1626697
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little glue and it will be good as new? lol

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1625473
mrmdls
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean, in my search for a set, that I should be able to find a wavey set that says "just need heat or a blowdryer" lol
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrmdls wrote:

Does this mean, in my search for a set, that I should be able to find a wavey set that says "just need heat or a blowdryer" lol

Lol, you should try it and let us know how it works out. I guess you can't fault someone for trying, right? lol Here's a good example of shooting for the moon, I should list my rag if this is the going rate....

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4437507829.html
SkyDawgVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
mrmdls wrote:

Lol, you should try it and let us know how it works out. I guess you can't fault someone for trying, right? lol Here's a good example of shooting for the moon, I should list my rag if this is the going rate....

So I have to pay 15K and it still needs a "light" restoration? I'll pass.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkyDawgVW wrote:
jays58s wrote:
mrmdls wrote:

So I have to pay 15K and it still needs a "light" restoration? I'll pass.

It looks like a decent car, but not for that much money.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one has bugged me for a LONG time! This guy posts this car, but never sells it. He doesn't do a single thing to it, but raises the price $1000 every time he posts it. He also doesn't list all of the issues it has, it's beyond annoying....

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1629534
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
This one has bugged me for a LONG time! This guy posts this car, but never sells it. He doesn't do a single thing to it, but raises the price $1000 every time he posts it. He also doesn't list all of the issues it has, it's beyond annoying....

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1629534

I checked and he's had ads since 2005(!)
Price goes up and down a lot over the years, sometimes down $1000, typically up. 2005 price was $8000. Went down $1000 after that for a few years, then up. 2012 was the time to buy at $6000.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
*Darren
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

Price goes up and down a lot over the years, sometimes down $1000, typically up. 2005 price was $8000. Went down $1000 after that for a few years, then up. 2012 was the time to buy at $6000.

Indexed to the DJIA? Seriously, seen the car come up from time to time, noted the price change, but 10 years? Shocked Jump from $6000 to $9500 in 2 years? That's unbelievable.
117harv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1630495

Not for sale? Will sell for an insane cash offer? Don't ask how much? Wont leave garage unless an amazing trade is made??????
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Darren wrote:
EverettB wrote:

Indexed to the DJIA? Seriously, seen the car come up from time to time, noted the price change, but 10 years? Shocked Jump from $6000 to $9500 in 2 years? That's unbelievable.

To be more clear:
I can see in 2012 it was originally $8000 then marked down to $6000 so maybe he needed the money for a while or was more motivated? I can see a few of his other ads had price reductions as well.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
*Darren
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

To be more clear:
I can see in 2012 it was originally $8000 then marked down to $6000 so maybe he needed the money for a while or was more motivated? I can see a few of his other ads had price reductions as well.

IF I recall correctly (ha!), the car may have needed to have the battery tray replaced around that time period (I dunno if you have the ability to call up the entire ad copy). So now, back to $8k plus cost to have the tray professionally replaced + some more $ ? As you noted, time to buy was @ $6k, maybe somebody offered and no deal (for whatever reason) was struck as the car appears to be a decent driver quality (north)east coast car. But still, 10 years? Amazing.
mrmdls
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

To be more clear:

It's a shame, that there are folks like that, mark their prices down till they have some interest then they decide they want a king's ransom. Back in the late 80's and early 90's I found a 62 Corvette, and the guy was the second owner. It was literally just sitting in his yard, and the frame was completely rotten. Every spring for years I made at the time a resonable offer of 10-12k, and he wouldn't budge at all on his price of 25k, even after I had a vette restoration shop appraise it between 10 and 14k
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 182, 183, 184 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Page 183 of 422

Jump to: