Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 252, 253, 254 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
6Kabrio7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

sportin-wood wrote:
Yeah, I don't think so...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1914021
When you see a car like that it seems to me someone wanted to customize it the way they thought it would be cool so why are they selling it? He says he just finished it but he's selling it. If he built it to flip it he should have built it completely stock.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

6Kabrio7 wrote:
sportin-wood wrote:
Yeah, I don't think so...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1914021
When you see a car like that it seems to me someone wanted to customize it the way they thought it would be cool so why are they selling it? He says he just finished it but he's selling it. If he built it to flip it he should have built it completely stock.

Don't know about this car but some people just like to build stuff and then they want something new.

I always think there's something wrong if they don't want to actually use it for a while.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rcroane Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Is this intake manifold really worth this kind of money?!?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1505201
jwp67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-License-Plate-Topper-Ch...6016.l4276

Rolling Eyes This must be for a Bettle.
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jwp67 wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-License-Plate-Topper-Ch...6016.l4276
Rolling Eyes This must be for a Bettle.

Well, I suppose it keeps the trademark cops away.

IMAGE NOTE: It has been noted that Chrome based browsers may have issues in displaying my vast image library, which use non-secure links and are on an FTP server. Images should still be viewable if the link is clicked though.
I do not know how to fix this. All I can say is it all works fine for me with what I use, Firefox.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

rcroane wrote:

i betcha that's a fair price considering what it is, but idk i've never needed one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
moab762
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

This is kinda cool. Was purchased originally by US Special Forces.

http://york.craigslist.org/cto/5526677205.html
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

rcroane wrote:

I would say it's 50% high.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

rcroane wrote:

Watch the ad. If it sells, it was worth that much.
That intake was recalled because they were failing within only a couple of years. Because most were changed out, originals are extremely rare. Hence the dear price tag.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1915377

for a .99 filter Laughing
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

60ragtop wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1915377

for a .99 filter Laughing

where do you get a Bosch filter for a buck? I only see those OP brand filters for that price.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

The thing is, Bosch didn't make that filter, they just are reselling it in their box. You can buy that same exact filter elsewhere cheaper.

IMAGE NOTE: It has been noted that Chrome based browsers may have issues in displaying my vast image library, which use non-secure links and are on an FTP server. Images should still be viewable if the link is clicked though.
I do not know how to fix this. All I can say is it all works fine for me with what I use, Firefox.
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

glutamodo wrote:
The thing is, Bosch didn't make that filter, they just are reselling it in their box. You can buy that same exact filter elsewhere cheaper.

agreed, but i still prefer a Bosch supplied filter compared to those shit Euromax or OP brand that the fuel line just falls off of. If you find me some for 99 cents each i'll gladly take a box of them
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Rick was only slightly exaggerating about the price - well, if you have a wholesale account they'd be that cheap or less.

But here, how about Autohaus.az, where I order a lot of later model parts from? They sell the BOSCH brand for $2.13 and what looks like an Israeli filter for $1.56.

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/product.aspx?sid=...FuelFilter

consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

yes we have a wholesale account, and the Bosch filters are still not 99 cents. I see the exaggeration factor also. The site you posted still shows the list price at around $7.00 each. I wouldn't feel bad trying to make a buck or two on a good filter. I guess i just don't see the whine here idk?
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Well, I'd not be surprised if that 1.56 filter was the same one, and that is at retail.

Okay, how about this then, is this a better one to whine about? Wink

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOSCH-OEM-Fuel-Filter-71936-0450904058-/121290496138

consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

glutamodo wrote:
Well, I'd not be surprised if that 1.56 filter was the same one, and that is at retail.

Laughing Laughing Perfect, now we are back up to speed here, carry on
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

consvws wrote:
yes we have a wholesale account, and the Bosch filters are still not 99 cents. I see the exaggeration factor also. The site you posted still shows the list price at around $7.00 each. I wouldn't feel bad trying to make a buck or two on a good filter. I guess i just don't see the whine here idk?

I have never paid "list price" for anything ever.

I thought places just made those prices up so you could see they had some sort of "discount".
Sales tactic.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

glutamodo wrote:

"1 sold"

It's free shipping but I still want to know who was dumb enough to buy one
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
consvws wrote:

I have never paid "list price" for anything ever.

I thought places just made those prices up so you could see they had some sort of "discount".
Sales tactic.

yeah, i don't pay or charge customers list prices either. Just looking for a inexpensive/quality filter in this already inflated economy.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 252, 253, 254 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Page 253 of 422

Jump to: