Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 260, 261, 262 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
6T5 square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

my God those seats are hideous!!!

Quoting John Muir -- Open the rear boot. Get out the stool and sit down. Contemplate the air-cooled beauty before you. - How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive -- Step-By-Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1955977
holy crap Batman Shocked Is the Joker involved?
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bulliwinkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Don't waste his time Rolling Eyes
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1956192

'66 Velvet Green Riviera Camper
'72 Sierra Yellow Westy
'71 Chianti Red Westy ~Sold
'71 Pastel White Westy ~Sold
'61 Pearl White Sedan ~Sold

johnnypan wrote:
"John Muir was a hack mechanic who convinced thousands of people to attempt repairs they had no business attempting".
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Ancient Mariner wrote:
Don't waste his time Rolling Eyes
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1956192

Indeed, few will. He needs to learn the basic logic lesson from childhood: The whole is not greater than the sum of its parts.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
lovethatconvertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

If anything 1960 was the last year of early verts. At least it still had a 4 finger apron. But you can have this restored 61 Baja. vert.
This car looks nice but $15000.00 Ah...... No
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1957878
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

AlteWagen wrote:
moab762 wrote:
Why hasn't this sold yet? Looks like the best deal around at the moment. On a nice restored drive-able car. Seems like about 10 of these good deals comes around about once a year. Unless I'm missing something on this particular car.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1947399

A few changes would make it look MUCH better and help sell.

-loose the white walls and paint the rims the factory black and white
-stock running boards instead of the crap chrome
-paint the chrome fan shroud or get an original piece

the cheap carpet and door panels scream empi rebuild

Who else noticed 67 flasher knob Rolling Eyes

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=569619&highlight=sedan+delivery
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1959747

Rolling Eyes
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

stale air wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1959747

Rolling Eyes

I was just about to post that one, what a joke. I have one even better though, a 61 with 62 & later taillights, wrong hood with no hood crest, dents in the body, wrong engine, worn out interior, and yes, he's firm on his price...

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5686118515.html
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

I'm sure there may be Herbie movie buffs out there, but to me, this is just dumb. To me, this is part of what has driven the prices of these cars to the insane level that they're at. I think a car like this needs to go in an auction, I don't see how cars like this would fit people that frequent the samba...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1959817
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
I'm sure there may be Herbie movie buffs out there, but to me, this is just dumb. To me, this is part of what has driven the prices of these cars to the insane level that they're at. I think a car like this needs to go in an auction, I don't see how cars like this would fit people that frequent the samba...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1959817

Now, if that was one of those fabulous VW "Station Wagons" that are all the rage, it would be cheap. Laughing
Digger89L
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/21869900

...'stunning' doesn't quite do it justice! Look at the crap work in the trunk, and the big dent in the passenger side door. And, all for only $36,995 !!!!
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1961663

So for $65k all you get is a handful of photos of the outside and a blurry/dark pic of the engine? Cant even see the interior, but it looks awfully dark for what should be silver beige upholstery. And considering it has only...cough cough, 8k miles should be orginal top, paint, interior etc. Hell the tires should be original at that low mileage...

Edit* Also just noticed it has Cal style, non trim rubber. What a load.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Sharp64 wrote:

So for $65k all you get is a handful of photos of the outside and a blurry/dark pic of the engine? Cant even see the interior, but it looks awfully dark for what should be silver beige upholstery. And considering it has only...cough cough, 8k miles should be orginal top, paint, interior etc. Hell the tires should be original at that low mileage...

I'm confused whether this is supposed to be an original Movie car or not... this is not clear in the ad but I would expect the answer to be Yes at that price.

I sent him an email about that.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bala
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Weren't all original Herbies '63? Or where there some faux '63 in the mix?

1966 Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Sharp64 wrote:

I'm confused whether this is supposed to be an original Movie car or not... this is not clear in the ad but I would expect the answer to be Yes at that price.

I would call bullshit if he claimed it was. Aren't the stickers in the wrong place? And that paint and such is way too nice for a movie car. Color looks off as well. Stickers look like they were put on very recently. Unless there is massive corroborating paperwork I wouldn't believe a word.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Sharp64 wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Sharp64 wrote:

I would call bullshit if he claimed it was. Aren't the stickers in the wrong place? And that paint and such is way too nice for a movie car. Color looks off as well. Stickers look like they were put on very recently. Unless there is massive corroborating paperwork I wouldn't believe a word.

It looks wrong to me but I'm not expert.

I'm guessing he saw the other REAL Herbie for more money and thought he could cash out.

Yeah, that's not how it works.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Sharp64 wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Sharp64 wrote:

I'm guessing he saw the other REAL Herbie for more money and thought he could cash out.

I don't see that other car selling for $85k either, that car is trashed and is only good as a prop. The $65k one is a joke, everything on it is wrong. I don't know how he's claiming 8000 original miles either, nothing on that engine is correct for 61, and it looks like it's now 12v. I wouldn't pay $10k for that car.
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Supposedly the $85k one is pending.....
Bala
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Sharp64 wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Sharp64 wrote:

I don't see that other car selling for $85k either, that car is trashed and is only good as a prop. The $65k one is a joke, everything on it is wrong. I don't know how he's claiming 8000 original miles either, nothing on that engine is correct for 61, and it looks like it's now 12v. I wouldn't pay $10k for that car.

In the oval forum the $85k Herbie seller posted that it sold within 24hrs. No chance with the fake '61 at that price.

1966 Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Bala wrote:
jays58s wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Sharp64 wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Sharp64 wrote:

In the oval forum the $85k Herbie seller posted that it sold within 24hrs. No chance with the fake '61 at that price.

That $85k Herbie sold? I'm not sure I believe that, at least not for anywhere near his asking price.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 260, 261, 262 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Page 261 of 422

Jump to: