Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 270, 271, 272 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

If it's truly rust free it's worth more than $1400, just not $14k. Here, I would call it a $4-5k car. My guess is it's been built from parts. There have been a few cars pop up in that area so I think there's someone "restoring" them as a hobby. Just noticed the speedo is missing the chrome bezel, never seen that.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

For the price, this needs to be complete with convertible top. "I didn't like the look" is BS.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2006957
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

but he will include it if you want to pay the coin to restore it Laughing
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

sportin-wood wrote:
For the price, this needs to be complete with convertible top. "I didn't like the look" is BS.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2006957
"Real 14" polish Porsche alloys." For the money I'd want Fuchs. I didn't even know the Polish people made them. Laughing

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

I somehow don't believe the only 38,000 original miles claim. (unless it's 380,000) No seats would look like that at 38K, unless driven by a camel. Wink

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1961947
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

bwaz wrote:
I somehow don't believe the only 38,000 original miles claim. (unless it's 380,000) No seats would look like that at 38K, unless driven by a camel. Wink

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1961947

It has the wrong engine and has been painted at least twice, that car does not have 38,000 miles.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

60ragtop wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2004062
Maybe if it had a hole in the roof and what? no shots of the crappy interior?

By the way, it sold for $11,000 yesterday. Wink
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

so I presumes this restores your faith in where the hobby is headed ? and you are here to stay and not going away like threatened a time back Laughing

tasb wrote:

sb001 wrote:
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

60ragtop wrote:
so I presumes this restores your faith in where the hobby is headed ? and you are here to stay and not going away like threatened a time back Laughing

It proves that my car was actually nice enough to fetch what you thought it wouldn't or shouldn't. We all have different views on what certain cars are worth, and my car wasn't a hacked together pile, it was a very nicely detailed car.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Don't buy this one sight unseen. It's not original paint at all, Highly doubt the claimed mileage as the seats were beat, mismatched rims, just nasty overall condition really. I think $1500 - $2000 max if you want to pull it apart and re-do everything to fix the lower rust. The radio does work...

early hood with a bad crease. overspray on the rubber and fender beading. It's not OG paint at all...

in addition to the rust I've pictured below, it's pretty soft down low right in front of the driver door, the rear window leaked bad and there was tons of crap and acorns in the package tray, causing a lot of rust.

these pics are when it was for sale Nov 5th by a different seller (very nice guy, just uninformed and had bought it for his daughter) for $3500.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2008453

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
60ragtop wrote:

It proves that my car was actually nice enough to fetch what you thought it wouldn't or shouldn't. We all have different views on what certain cars are worth, and my car wasn't a hacked together pile, it was a very nicely detailed car.

Rarely does a car come up in the whines that is listed by a regular whine poster. Even more rare is a successful rebuttal. I have thoroughly enjoyed this round Jay- and I agree, your car was worth it. A happy ending and well played, sir!

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
jays58s wrote:
60ragtop wrote:

Rarely does a car come up in the whines that is listed by a regular whine poster. Even more rare is a successful rebuttal. I have thoroughly enjoyed this round Jay- and I agree, your car was worth it. A happy ending and well played, sir!

Lol, thanks man. I know $12k seemed steep, but certain cars will bring it if it's built right. I don't cut corners on things, those that know me know that as well. You can tell when a car is crap, and that car was a really clean car, I just decided to move on from it.
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2009175
60?

tasb wrote:

sb001 wrote:
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

60ragtop wrote:
60?

Can't answer that but my opinion:
This ad is a good example of how you should spend some time to take nice photos of your car if you are selling it.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Last edited by EverettB on Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
60ragtop wrote:
60?

Can't answer that but my opinion:
This ad is a good example of how you should spend some time to take nice photos of your car if you are selling it.

The simple '60-spotting goods are there: no dash handle; short steering column and square button handles. I agree too- you cannot place an ad right after asking your spouse, "Hey, do you have any shots of the bug?"
The decklid looks recently torn out- bummer.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

If Gulf Blue is the original color to that car, it's obviously a 61. The rear apron is also 61, unless it was changed. It's the same with this car, http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1904153 this car is clearly a 61 seeing under the trunk, Turkis also wasn't available in 60.
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
If Gulf Blue is the original color to that car, it's obviously a 61. The rear apron is also 61, unless it was changed. It's the same with this car, http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1904153 this car is clearly a 61 seeing under the trunk, Turkis also wasn't available in 60.

Yup..
bonzai272
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Thoughts on this one?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1973217
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

bonzai272 wrote:
Thoughts on this one?

I remember seeing that car years ago at a show in Sacramento. It has the wrong rear apron, but hard to tell on the rest of the car. I personally don't think it's a $15k car, but that's just me.
bonzai272
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
bonzai272 wrote:
Thoughts on this one?

I remember seeing that car years ago at a show in Sacramento. It has the wrong rear apron, but hard to tell on the rest of the car. I personally don't think it's a $15k car, but that's just me.

Thanks. And I just realized I posted in the wrong forum, sorry!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 270, 271, 272 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Page 271 of 422

Jump to: