Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Toy collectors
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
felixthevolks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like those little CH buses.. so fragile and simple but they capture the bus nicely:)

This just arrived yesterday- Mignon Oval Window with (ostensibly) working headlights, horn, 2 speeds forward, reverse and mechanical steering. Well, so far one headlight and the horn work. I saw Hacksaw-Bob's writeup on these cars and he mentioned the sometimes poorly attached wiring- any tips on this? The chassis unscrews and the little instruction sheet tells you how to replace a headlight
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

felixthevolks wrote:

Can someone identify this ambulance? It is one of my favorite bus toys, in spite of (because of?) its resemblance to Geordi la Forge.. just has a cool attitude

After some research, I believe this bus was made in China and was probably sold under the brandname Apple.

Heinz Nordhoff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
felixthevolks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Thank you! Wow.. the bus fidelity (other than the missing windshield post) is so much better than the Apple beetles- just later I guess
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but doesn't it have weird back doors or something?

Heinz Nordhoff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
felixthevolks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure now- that picture was older and I'm not sure where I put the bus now (must be buried behind camping trailer resto stuff).
Anyway, couple shelf pics now

VWDog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

felixthevolks wrote:
nice Dutch bug! I keep wanting one but the couple I've seen went beyond my budget at the time:)

some fun with Homies and a Keystone Service Station from the 40s

Thanks…it was beyond my budget too Wink

I sure like your Keystone garage with the Homies! I have a few but the one I like the best guards my Cursor Single Cab….

1970 Lotus White Single Cab 2015- , 1979 Sage Green 2014-2015, 1978 Dakota Beige Westy 2012-2015, 1978 Neptune Blue Riviera 2012-2017 , 1970 Neptune Blue Bus 2010-2012, 1970 Deluxe Savannah Beige 2010-2012, 1985 Iltis 2010- , 1962 Single Cab 2010-2013, 1975 Brasilia? Bay/Split Kombi from Brazil 2008-2011, 1985 DoKa 1999-2009, 1971 Bus 1999-2000, 1968 Double Cab 1991-1998, 1965 Ghia 1987-1991, 1970 Westfalia-bought by Mum and Dad in 1970, sold by me in 1993 why-oh-why :_(
VWDog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

felixthevolks wrote:

My Wikings at the Esso station with the Märklin streetcar coming by-

I think you need a Rail Bus! Here is mine by EHEIM. It is HO Scale

Then there are the newer(and slightly less historically accurate) O scale Bay Single Cabs

1970 Lotus White Single Cab 2015- , 1979 Sage Green 2014-2015, 1978 Dakota Beige Westy 2012-2015, 1978 Neptune Blue Riviera 2012-2017 , 1970 Neptune Blue Bus 2010-2012, 1970 Deluxe Savannah Beige 2010-2012, 1985 Iltis 2010- , 1962 Single Cab 2010-2013, 1975 Brasilia? Bay/Split Kombi from Brazil 2008-2011, 1985 DoKa 1999-2009, 1971 Bus 1999-2000, 1968 Double Cab 1991-1998, 1965 Ghia 1987-1991, 1970 Westfalia-bought by Mum and Dad in 1970, sold by me in 1993 why-oh-why :_(
felixthevolks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed! I just saw one of the splits a while back for the first time.. awesome! The Bays are pretty darn cool, too- are they fantasy pieces or why less accurate? Love Alaska-related stuff
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

felixthevolks wrote:
Anyway, couple shelf pics now

Theres some star material there. I love the Endoh pickup, the Tipp&Co Samba looks stellar, and I'm a sucker for Mini Lindys.

Heinz Nordhoff
VWDog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

felixthevolks wrote:
Agreed! I just saw one of the splits a while back for the first time.. awesome! The Bays are pretty darn cool, too- are they fantasy pieces or why less accurate? Love Alaska-related stuff

As far as I have ever seen, the Bays, and especially the Single Cabs weren't made into rail service vehicles. Now that is only going by what I have read in books and online. I could be wrong. It'd be cool if I was wrong actually, because I really like the Single Cabs as rail service vehicles. My wife has spent quite a bit of time in Alaska. Come to think of it, I bought it when she was up there and the hobby shop in my area was going out of business. Seemed pricey at the time, but I never regretted it. Now to make a track….

They actually have made a few Bugs too, which I would say has to be pure fantasy. Some are logoed, the second one I have being UNION PACIFIC on one side and the other with MILWAUKEE ROAD decal actually placed overtop the U.P.. Kind of strange. Sorry, no pics yet of that one, but here is the Beetle. I am hoping to use the workings of the Beetle to put under a Bay Bus one day to pay homage to the Split Buses of the day.

felixthevolks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for what they're worth:)
can't find any singlecabs, though

VWDog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you look at that! Cool!! Very Happy Thanks!

felixthevolks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure thing:) Great guard Rottie, btw too.

The Tippco Samba was my first time paying that much for a toy but still got a great price and I've wanted one since it was featured in the magazine. Pretty much mint- owned by a dealership owner from the '50s till I got it. The detail and feel of it are wonderful. Hope to gather the other Tipp & Co buses someday. Love the mini-Lindys, too and I have yet to see another example of that Endoh single cab- couldn't resist an anthropomorphic tire:)
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's surely rare. Here's an entry on it at VintageVolkswagenModels.com

http://vintagevolkswagenmodels.com/vintage-bus-toys-bs/item/596-endoh-vw-bus-v1

Heinz Nordhoff
Hacksaw-BoB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah felixthevolks and Blue Baron Very Happy

That ENDOH red and white A.B.C. TIRES VW Bus is certainly a real Cream Puff and gotta have all right Exclamation

http://www.VintageVolkswagenModels.com

Collector of Vintage VW Toys

BoB's Restor-Version Shop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
felixthevolks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I probably overpaid royally on this one but more fun to me than some of the rare Japanese tin in that it was made at the factory in '47. The casting details do seem reasonably crisp compared to some others I've seen

Also, I was thinking of creating a mold, cleaning up the details a bit further and making a porcelain copy (I make pottery) maybe as banks or show trophies or something
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those can be worth up to a grand or more, so you can gauge for yourself whether you think you overpaid.

Neat that it's still on its wooden base. Mine has no base.

Just out of curiosity, how is it attached?

Heinz Nordhoff
felixthevolks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess not bad at all then- but that would for nicely painted/inscribed examples, or?
Here's the attachment- curious if they are all threaded in the base?
[/img]

Also added these two recently- stoneware beetle Salt and Pepper shakers. Found by my folks at the big pottery fair in Hoehr-Grenzhausen, Westerwald.

Other recent spot- Plow & Hearth has resin cast VW buses with solar headlights for the garden
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

felixthevolks wrote:
Other recent spot- Plow & Hearth has resin cast VW buses with solar headlights for the garden

Camber front and rear - seriously slammed!
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

felixthevolks wrote:
I guess not bad at all then- but that would for nicely painted/inscribed examples, or?
Here's the attachment- curious if they are all threaded in the base?

Very interesting. Mine was never drilled and threaded, but now I know what the embossing underneath was for. Someone can probably tell us what part of the car those screws were used on.

These models were busy work for the plant workers, so you can imagine a Volkswagenwerk machinist drilling and tapping those holes.

My value estimate is for a model similar to yours. Customized versions can fetch more. Some had paint detail and inscriptions, and some even had windows cut out, headlights and taillights, wheels and tires and other embellishments.

There are reproductions, but they're easy to spot. One was made of cast brass instead of aluminum, and there was a highly polished version sold in the factory gift shop.

Heinz Nordhoff
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Jump to:
Page 37 of 64

Jump to: