Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mike Basso & Things Unlimited
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
middle sister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Mike Basso & Things Unlimited Reply with quote

I am Michael's sister. I was curious to see what was left of Michael on the internet and came accros this thread.

It sucks that all of you have been burned by Michael. He will likely lose it when/if he reads this, but just so all of you who trusted him know, Michael is going into re-hab any day soon (we are all hoping) for a serious drug problem. Yes he had a divorce, yes he had some medical issue, but the true source of his problems came from a drug addiction. He is presently living w/o electricity, hot H2O, or phone service. His house is about to be foreclosed on, and well you all know what has happened to his business.

Michael was an excellent source of info and parts for you thing-a-lings. He was an excellent businessman. I think I speak for our whole family when I say we are certainly sorry for all that Michael has done to hurt you financially, personally, and for your trust.

One day when he comes out of re-hab and gets back on his feet, I am sure he will be as terribly sorry as we are. He is truly messed up right now.

Here is hoping that one day he will be able to build up his reputation and again be a great source for VW Thing enthusiasts.

Sincerely yours, deb

Since I posted the above, there has been dispute about my credibiltiy. Though I do not feel that I must defend myself, I would like to say that my intentions were pure. I found that there was a question amongst Thing-a-lings, and having an answer, I thought I should post it.
I am not defending Michaels behavior. I, too, would discourage any one from doing business with him . . . now. He deserves all of the derision he is receiving. I would not expect anyone to forgive him . . . yet. Those who were screwed by him may never forgive him. When Michael gets back on his feet, and that may be a long time from now, I just hope he will be welcome among the thing community again.
Also, when I found the forums on Michael, I had forwarded them to my folks. I wanted to show them why they should not "help" (enable) him. Regretfully, it caused my mom to be doubley worried for my brother. Firstly, because of the drugs (which she knew about), and secondly because of the anger which verged on violent which was expressed here. I hope none of you will interfere with the law. Believe me, Michael is suffering more than you - or even he knows.
I hope I have cleared up any questions you have had.

Most truly yours, deb Basso, middle sister
FreakCitySF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was he addicted to?

and

Can you get someone to refund all the money your brother has taken in?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ferretkona
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreakCitySF wrote:
Can you get someone to refund all the money your brother has taken in?

I had people approach me on my sisters debts. One person even called me a lousy brother if I did not pick up her debt. This is the wrong way to help anyone you love. Just imagine how much he would steal next time if someone bails him out.

The law might help recover some of the funds, but I would consider them lost. The best possible compromise is if he could be encouraged to actually ship some inventory out. Communication is a key, but even if say a door was offered when you paid for a hood? Sadly the money paid for shipping is gone as well.

I only remember one person stating he wanted to find Mike and spit in his face. I believe most people are law abiding and only wish to pursue this thru the courts. I would caution people to not meet with him unless it was in a neutral mood.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: