Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

"What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 172, 173, 174  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

iraniancowboy wrote:
The mercedes wheels stamp On the backside is #1244001802, and 6.5Jx15 H2 and the offset 5.25

Will they work?

In order to run those wheels, you will need spacers front and rear, new front lug bolts, new rear wheel studs and new rear lug nuts. You will also need to drill the lug holes out to 37/64”.

*Custom wheel hardware for Audi/VW, Porsche and Mercedes wheels - Urethane Suspension Bushings*
T3Technique.com or contact me at [email protected]
cypor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Hi, i want to buy a set of alloy for my T3 Magnum and im unsure wich one to chose. I like AZEV A look on t3 but also mercedes rims.
i found a set mercedes for sale
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

8j
et35
And im not sure if it will fit. I did find tho' different charts, in one i did find same dimensions and they say i need 10 mm adapters and 20 mm on the rear wheels. Is it correct?
Im going for this look.
https://www.facebook.com/vw.t3.ro/photos/a.5253423...mp;theater
Any advice? TY
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

cypor, for those particular wheels, I would run 5mm front spacers and I would modify the tip of the front upper control arms slightly for a bit more clearance. For the rear, I would run 10mm spacers.

*Custom wheel hardware for Audi/VW, Porsche and Mercedes wheels - Urethane Suspension Bushings*
cypor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Many thank's for the prompt advice. Very Happy
pantone149
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

This may have been answered before but I can't find anything. Alloy wheels from a 2014 Jetta 1.8 SE. 16 x 6, ET 50. 5x112 pattern. I'm fairly sure the bolts are 14mm. Any idea what I need to make these fit?
pantone149
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

oops. Not a synchro. In fact it's a 73 bay window.
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

pantone149 wrote:
oops. Not a synchro. In fact it's a 73 bay window.

On a Bus, I would recommend opening up the center bores of the wheels to 66.56mm, custom spacers front and rear, longer studs front and rear and a full set of small ball seat lug nuts.

igarrett
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for all the great info on this thread. I couldn't find (maybe missed it) info on what I am trying to do.

I wanted to see if these wheels Mercedes 16x7.5, 5x112, et51
Here is link to Wheels
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1716736

I have a 1985 Westfalia Weekender currently 14" stock. But I just put in a 2.2 subie and want to upgrade the wheels too.

Thanks

[img]https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/[/img]

Last edited by igarrett on Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

igarrett wrote:
Thanks everyone for all the great info on this thread. I couldn't find (maybe missed it) info on what I am trying to do.

I wanted to see if these wheels Mercedes 16x7.5, 5x112, et51

I have a 1985 Westfalia Weekender currently 14" stock. But I just put in a 2.2 subie and want to upgrade the wheels too.

Hello,

You have two different options for mounting those wheels: Spacers, studs and new lugs or a set of bolt-on spacers and lugs. Either way works great. Depending on the part number of the wheels, you may or may not need to drill the lug holes. It just depends on which car and year they came from. The part number would tell me though.

igarrett
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Thanks

Here is the part number

A1404001402

Let me know what you think and also where I could buy it as well.

Much thanks!!!
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

igarrett wrote:
Thanks

Here is the part number A1404001402

Those wheels will require small ball seat lugs.

cypor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Christopher Schimke wrote:
cypor, for those particular wheels, I would run 5mm front spacers and I would modify the tip of the front upper control arms slightly for a bit more clearance. For the rear, I would run 10mm spacers.

So i bought those rims, and i wonder what lowering springs to use -40 -45 to obtain this look?

Maybe not so low in front, i need the cars for a bit of "soft-offroad".
And what tires should i use on that particular rims to be in between comfort and look?
Ty Rolling Eyes Very Happy
cypor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Front no spacers yet, close call...i think im gonna go with 5mm i will need longer bolts tho.

Rear: i think i will need abit longer studs i forgot to check if not those two 10mm headed bolt on the drum are keeping the to not stay flat on the drums.

Shall i still go with 10 mm spacers here in the rear axle?
Sry for the large photos.
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

cypor wrote:
Front no spacers yet, close call...i think im gonna go with 5mm i will need longer bolts tho.

Don't forget that the tip of the upper control arm swings upward toward the tire as the suspension compresses, so just because a wheel will bolt on doesn't mean that you will necessarily have enough clearance one the tire is installed and the suspension position is back at ride height.

I would definitely suggest 10mm spacers on the rear. They will improve the aesthetics greatly. If you want to tell me the thickness of the wheels as measured from the base/bottom of the lug seat area down to the wheel/hub mating surface, I can tell you the exact length for the studs.

And don't forget that those wheels will require the small ball seat lugs. The stock T3 large ball seat lug nuts don't fit the wheels properly.

cypor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Christopher Schimke wrote:

If you want to tell me the thickness of the wheels as measured from the base/bottom of the lug seat area down to the wheel/hub mating surface, I can tell you the exact length for the studs.

And don't forget that those wheels will require the small ball seat lugs. The stock T3 large ball seat lug nuts don't fit the wheels properly.

If i understood correctly then that distance is 10 mm thick until the cone of the rim begins for the lug seat. And about the tires shall i go for the 50 or 55 with -45 on the lowering springs for the look in that picture? 3 posts ago. Ty
Shocked Embarassed
cypor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

From the manufacturer of the studs here in Ro i got asked what is the dimension of the knurled on the studs. Any idea? in mm.
They make custom studs, any dimensions.
TheFop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Hi Folks, I bought a set of Mercedes C300 alloys for my 2WD 85 Vanagaon, they are 16x6.5 ET37 12mm lug holes, and a 20mm wall thicknes, they have 195/65/116 tires. Has anyone fitted this combo before? I'm about to order new bolts and studs which is a mission here in New Zealand, I'd love to order from Christopher but the shipping cost kills it.

As a sanity check I'm ordering 40mm bolts with small ball seats and 50mm studs and nuts as I don't believe I need spacers based on posts for similar size wheels, does this sound right?

[/img]
63 New Zealand Spec Beetle - Going Baja!
86 T25 Westfalia - Family Fun car
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Yep, your assessment of the parts is right on. And no, you don't need spacers with 16x6.5 ET37 wheels. Be aware that the center caps will not fit though.

TheFop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Thanks for the confirmation Christopher, I'll be ordering some "VW" caps off you soon to finish the "transformation", also looking to drop it by 2" to improve the handling.
TheFop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

I was wrong, its cheaper to order bolts from the very helpfull Christopher and ship them half way around the world than buy them in New Zealand, I visited two auto suppliers today and both looked at me like I was insane, then pointed towards trailer bolts, then looked through the generic "NICE" catalog which doesn't list a Vanagon, T25, T3, Eurovans or anything to do with these cars then came up with the wrong thing and priced a set of 11 (one spare) at $135.....I'm glad I bought them off Christopher also.

Other case and point is from CIP1 I can buy wheel studs for $9.59 for a set of 5, here they are $59 for exactly the same thing with the same part number, hows that for mark up?

New Zealand is an awesome place to live but we suffer from terrible parts supplies for cars and pay through the nose for everything.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 172, 173, 174  Next
Jump to:
Page 124 of 174

Jump to: