Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Finding my bus
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 2:07 pm    Post subject: Finding my bus Reply with quote

This story begins like all barn find / yard find stories begin.

I was walking early in the morning about 6 months ago through are neighborhood, and decided to walk the alleys behind the houses (quiet neighborhood for those of you back east or in LA). While walking between some houses and an elementary school, what should I spy but an old Westy parked behind someone's house.

Never paid much attention to it - wasnt really into busses at the time - more into beetles.

Well finaly I decided to try to contact the owner about a week ago. I went to the door - but only his son was at home. He told me what he knew - that they had owned it when he was a kid (early 80's) and had gone to the Grand Canyon in it. He also told me that his mom really wanted to see that pile of junk GO. So he gave me their number.

I went out back to take a look - kinda grimey - with a clean engine in the back. Couldnt see much inside - was a little full of boxes (x-mas tree and such).

Finaly two days later I got a hold of the owner. Yes he'd sell it - and he kept telling me "It's going to need work you know." Finaly he told me the price of 250. I asked "Why so little?" "Well - I'd like to see it go to a good home - and that'll pay for a propper stoage shed."

So I came over the next day to look at it. It was all there - including the Westy Stool for getting into the upper bunk. It had the stove, sink, fridge, with city electric and water. It has a 2 litre fuel injected engine - and hadnt run since 2000.

So currently I'm going to replace the fuel pump, the fuel filter, and clean out the tank, and see if it'll run.

Wish me luck!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 8:28 pm    Post subject: Finding my bus Reply with quote

sounds like a good find, what year is it??
i would assume 77-79? $250 is awsome, throw maybe $100 into it and sounds like you got your self a pretty nice bus
good luck
and have fun
keep on busin
Tyler 73westy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: