Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Autostick turning
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nodnol
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:56 am    Post subject: Autostick turning Reply with quote

Hi I need some help tuning my 72 super autostick, it has a stock carb.

It runs and drives but tends to stall when acceleration from a stop.

Also it has a high idle when in neutral

i do not have a tachometer
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Autostick turning Reply with quote

Probably a bad carburetor/distributor mismatch.

Could also be a bad accelerator pump in the carburetor.

More information is needed here. Original Equipment carburetors made by DVG in Germany have a "modification state number" on them, usually on the base flange across from where the throttle cable attaches. That denotes the specific variant of the carburetor (and there were many... for such things as: Autostick!) and that carb was intended to be used with a specific ignition distributor. People would change this stuff out and then wonder why it doesn't seem to run right.

IMAGE NOTE: It has been noted that Chrome based browsers may have issues in displaying my vast image library, which use non-secure links and are on an FTP server. Images should still be viewable if the link is clicked though.
I do not know how to fix this. All I can say is it all works fine for me with what I use, Firefox.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Nodnol
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Autostick turning Reply with quote

It has a 009 distributor, I can't find a name on the carb but I did find a code dp20220702
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: