Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Air cleaners for Type 3 Dellortos
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 9:33 pm    Post subject: Air cleaners for Type 3 Dellortos Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a place that sells the shorty air cleaners for the 36 DRLAs? I got the carbs on my square, but I have yet to locate the filters. I'm running open stacks here guys! Please help!
58Type2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:33 pm    Post subject: Air cleaners for Type 3 Dellortos Reply with quote

I just happen to have a set of 36 DRLA's, great carbs too. I was looking for filters, and at the time, I went to VW Paradise in San Marcos, CA and they had the shorty's that you are looking for. This was a few years ago, but I am sure they would still have some sitting around. I am sorry, I don't have their # anymore. My filters are like 3 inches high, and I run air venturi's as well...cleaner air flow. I don't know if they would work for the T3 though.

Jax
http://www.simplywagens.homestead.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 11:16 pm    Post subject: Air cleaners for Type 3 Dellortos Reply with quote

nope, 3 inches is too big for a type 3. try http://ispwest.com or type3detectives.com, or billandsteves.com. if all else fails try cbperformance, they used to have lots of dell stuff
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
58Type2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:36 am    Post subject: Air cleaners for Type 3 Dellortos Reply with quote

I was not sure. thank you for correcting Erik
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:20 pm    Post subject: Air cleaners for Type 3 Dellortos Reply with quote

Since you guys are on the subject of DRLA's I've got em on my Fasty and I don't know how to adjust them. I need some help cause I know there way out-a wack. Any one know where I can pick up A book on tuning or something?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: