Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

73 Thing Gas Heater
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reatonsr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: 73 Thing Gas Heater Reply with quote

New thing owner, runs great. its winter and it is my daily driver. The heater breaker keeps tripping if you pull out the control to far. I have been advised not to use the heater. I would like to find someone who knows how to service the heater so I can use it. I live in So Cal by Magic Mountain.
bucko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send it off to "Mr. Heater". He advertises on the Thing parts section (he sells parts as well as services the gas heaters). Here is his link:

http://members.aol.com/ARKMIRVIS/heaterman.html
Woreign
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem with my heater. I went through and cleaned all the sensors and switches and it runs fine now. The case temperature switch (small flat switch with two wires connected to the case) was dirty with surface grime/corrosion and kept tripping prematurely.

Your thermostat may need adjusting. This is the square box on top of the warm air outlet. Pop the top and check the plastic cam. It should almost be touching the metal switch. If it's not, you can gently pry it off and reposition it. Also, make sure the shaft rotates freely. It may be that it is binding when you pull the knob too far. If that's the case, then it can't turn the heater off and overheats.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: