Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Posted "project" pics on new site...
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Posted "project" pics on new site... Reply with quote

If anyone is interested I posted some project pics on www.lowlife.com
in their gallery under "projects".

http://www.lowlifevw.com/lowlifegal.html

Some peeks at various welding/rust repairs ect. I will be posting alot more of my collection in days to come (if they let me!) Maybe some of you have pics of your projects and it would be interesting to see them, put names and faces to rides so to speak...
Thayer and Espinosa have launched the new site and would be happy to have some visitors... (Not that this site doesn't ROCK!)Smile
It's guys like Everett, Thayer and Scott that make this "Bug" we are all infected in more fun! Thanks to all of you...we have places to seek help, rant and rave, sell parts and show off our stuff! later K
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TimGud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 8:28 am    Post subject: Posted "project" pics on new site... Reply with quote

Nice work! If you want to post pics that are actual photos is it better to scan or take digital photos of the originals?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 10:04 am    Post subject: Posted "project" pics on new site... Reply with quote

Tim, those are all scanned form old prints, So some of them are a bit grainy as I did not have the resolution on the scanner set very high. I have a digi now and some of my recent projects pics may show up clearer, I haven't loaded any of those up yet.
I'd say scan old pics on a flatbed set the res to medium range? Hell I dunno I'm just a VW nut not a photo buff! LOL!

Anyone???? tips for the graphically challenged?
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 11:41 am    Post subject: Posted "project" pics on new site... Reply with quote

If you already have photo prints, a scanner will be better than using a digital camera to "re-photograph" it. I set the scanner to 200 pixels per inch, giving 1200 by 800 pixels for the digital image from a 4 by 6" print. This is the equivalent to a 1 megapixel digital photo. Save this image for your personal archives, and don't re-save it from a photo program, because re-saving will re-compress the jpeg image, and you will lose detail. If you want to make changes like cropping, correcting color balance, or re-sizing to lower resolution for posting to the internet, then save it with a different name, and keep the original. Then use a program like irfanview to do your manipulations. For posting to the Samba gallery, or similar sites, re-size the image down to 800 by 600 pixels first. This is a good size, since it will fill the screen of most users without running off the edges too much.

Editing program = irfanview.
It is free, and has slideshows, thumbnails, and works great:
http://www.irfanview.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: