Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

NOS 1960s Bendix radio $850.00?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Radio Reply with quote

Greg Armendariz wrote:
You Guys are worse than a bunch of Bitches. The reason I removed the ad is because someone bought the Radio and they paid $1000.00

The next thing you will tell us is you have found a bunch of suckers to spend $350 for your $70 badges. Rolling Eyes
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Radio Reply with quote

53 0val wrote:
Greg Armendariz wrote:
You Guys are worse than a bunch of Bitches. The reason I removed the ad is because someone bought the Radio and they paid $1000.00

The next thing you will tell us is you have found a bunch of suckers to spend $350 for your $70 badges. Rolling Eyes

Hey Bob, I guess I would believe a $1000.00 sale if he sent a $100.00 contribution to Ev. and Jenn here at The Samba. That seems fair, it would only be 10% of the sale.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Radio Reply with quote

Greg Armendariz wrote:
Don't hate...Appreciate. Very Happy

Infiltrate with Hate! Very Happy Twisted Evil

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dstefun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Radio Reply with quote

Greg Armendariz wrote:

Hard to believe, but everything is always worth whatever somebody else is willing to pay for it. I have never seen a NOS 60-61 Sapphire I, but that was certainly an impressive specimen. Did your buyer say what he's going to do with it - collectible or actually going in a car??
Greg Armendariz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Radio Reply with quote

Bob, I'm really taken back by your comments in particular. The truth will soon be unveiled and I will expect an apology. Below is an interesting paragraph that I copied that you yourself had written pertaining to the web that I find interesting. Enjoy!

I have found that you can ask higher prices for really rare items, because you now have a much larger demographic to sell to. If you are not in a hurry.............you will usually find a buyer at your price. Wink
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience, Bob seldom needs to apologize.
He is spot-on in his observations 'most all the time.
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Radio Reply with quote

Greg Armendariz wrote:
Bob, I'm really taken back by your comments in particular. The truth will soon be unveiled and I will expect an apology. Below is an interesting paragraph that I copied that you yourself had written pertaining to the web that I find interesting. Enjoy!

I have found that you can ask higher prices for really rare items, because you now have a much larger demographic to sell to. If you are not in a hurry.............you will usually find a buyer at your price. Wink

Greg,

You DO deserve an apology. Seriously, I had no right to attack your prices. Your items are rare and you can ask whatever you like. NOS radios are rare at best...............1950's badges are only rare here..........quite common in Germany though. You would never be able to get anywhere near those prices there..........so I added that the buyer might shop German eBay. I did not mean that as an attack upon you or your items and I do apologize for the way it might have been mis-understood. I assure you I would have said exactly the same thing if Phi Weiner would have been asking those prices, I did not mean to make it personal. Please accept my apology.

Bob

I did do some checking, and you are correct............that radio did sell for the $1000 you said it did. Embarassed
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does a radio advertised for $850 sell for $1000? Was the buyer just soooo happy bending over, he just said take me for another $150 while you are at it? Did the owner decide, after he had interest in the radio, to raise the price?
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll let Greg tell you. Wink
dstefun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheel607 wrote:
How does a radio advertised for $850 sell for $1000? Was the buyer just soooo happy bending over, he just said take me for another $150 while you are at it? Did the owner decide, after he had interest in the radio, to raise the price?

I have been burned more than once by offering to buy at the listed price, been accepted, paid for it, and then told it was sold to somebody else and my payment was returned. Do I like it? NO! Is it fair? NO! As a seller, I have never accepted offers, even higher offers, after something was already spoken for.

It doesn't matter whether it's a radio, a part or a vehicle. If I REALLY want the item, I have been known to offer more than the listed price up front. I'm the one who determines what it is worth to me.
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dstefun wrote:
wheel607 wrote:

I have been burned more than once by offering to buy at the listed price, been accepted, paid for it, and then told it was sold to somebody else and my payment was returned. Do I like it? NO! Is it fair? NO! As a seller, I have never accepted offers, even higher offers, after something was already spoken for.

It doesn't matter whether it's a radio, a part or a vehicle. If I REALLY want the item, I have been known to offer more than the listed price up front. I'm the one who determines what it is worth to me.

This makes my Top Ten list on things that are bad with the World! It is called breaking your word. If you agree to sell at a given price , and then don't, you are a worthless person, you have broken a promise, broken a bond with a fellow human. You dont deserve another chance with me, I dont care what parts you have, I don't need them .....or you! Your word IS the only thing another person cannot take from you, but alot of people freely give it away.
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheel607 wrote:
dstefun wrote:
wheel607 wrote:

This makes my Top Ten list on things that are bad with the World! It is called breaking your word. If you agree to sell at a given price , and then don't, you are a worthless person, you have broken a promise, broken a bond with a fellow human. You dont deserve another chance with me, I dont care what parts you have, I don't need them .....or you! Your word IS the only thing another person cannot take from you, but alot of people freely give it away.

Before this gets outa hand..............I should tell everyone that Greg did not own that radio. He was only listing it on The Samba for a seller who did not have internet access. The owner sold it after Greg had listed it. Greg is not the bad guy here. Wink
coad Premium Member
Samba Scapegoat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No harm, no foul. Hope buyer and seller and both thrilled. Let's end it on a happy note.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: