Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1776 With Dual 40 Dellorto Jet Question
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
OCBuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: 1776 With Dual 40 Dellorto Jet Question Reply with quote

Hi all.

I have been visiting the site alot for the last few months. I did alot of reading and finally decided to do my own carb work and not pay some one else.

I was having issues with my dune buggy. The top end was just re done, but the carbs were running rich, leaking and fouling out my plugs. So I took my time and rebuilt both carbs. It was pretty straight forward and i felt pretty confident in the end.

Last night i put everything back together and backed off my idles screws 1 1/2 turns. I fired it up and it ran very well for the first try. I still need to do some mixture screw settings, but i think i am pretty close.

I understand that there are alot of topics on this, but i would like to ask the pros if my carbs are set up for my specific setup.

Eng: 1776
Heads: 40x35.5
Cam: stock

Vents: 34
Airs: 180
Mains: 145
Jets: 60

I live in southern California so im at sea level. When its driven, I go to the high desert witch is around 3-5k ft in elevation.

Thanks you in advance for reading my post, any insight, tips, or improvment ideas will be greatly appreciated.

[/u]
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all verify your fuel pressure, check and set your floats properly then verify the jet sizes are correct and you can begin jetting.

With your set up I bet you will end up in the 135-140 range for mains and 50-55s for idles. I am guessing 138s for mains and 52s for idles.

Best way to set idles are to pull the main stacks out and just drive on the idles only. Keep going smaller (and adjust the mixture screws each time you make a jet change) and when you get to one that spits and pops then go up one and you are done.
pumpedto2365
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'll take the guesswork out of the equation if you use a uni-syn gage.
i had the same setup as yours(except bigger cam) and it took a uni-syn to get it purring with no lag or sputtering.
Paul Wilson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would go with 30 mm vents or 32's. 135 mains, 55-60 idles.

Paul
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: