Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

DRD Racing Heads - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: DRD RACING HEADS
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: August 21, 2017
ed6584l
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: DRD Racing Heads Reply with quote

DRD

Whats Happening to my engine order #205?
You said it will be shipped 3 weeks ago, but no news from you when asked for tracking no.!
Your tracking function site does not exits anymore!
Please update!
DRD RACING HEADS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have changed our Email to
[email protected]

We have recently found out that are [email protected] email has been un reliable for the quite some time.
Unfortanely, you only hear 1 side of the story here on the old middy internet, and that is the bad and venting side.
We are much too busy to play internet police for sure, and don't visit this forum much.
Our phone lines are open 24/7 and our answer service is active 24/7, but we never get a call from the customers complaints, but everyone is a big man behind a key board on the internet.

Thank you, and Good Luck to all with your projects!
DRD RACING HEADS LLC

We sell What Works!
HTTP://WWW.DRDRACINGHEADS.COM
Email [email protected]
Phone-714-545-4100
DRD Online Store
HTTP://WWW.DRDRACINGHEADS.COM/Xcart/
Caem2805
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered heads that needed to be opened to 94. Received then well packed less than 10 days after the order.
I got some questions. They were answered quickly via email.

Can't complain about the service.
Emmanuel
julianobug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

julianobug wrote:
gonzoo1 wrote:
Hello busdriver,

Let us know when you get some news...

A year has past since I asked him to build an engine for my bug (of course I paid what he asked) at first E´mails were going very fast, once I sent him the money I got no answers until las august! Let's see...

Good luck!

Good news...

He sent me news about the order...basically he told its a little delayed but he are going to ship me next week.

Finally I received my order in December-2012, delayed 4 mouths but now everything is ok.

Awesome Head L7....too nice.
View user's profile Send private message Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
-Alex77-
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you thought about that, if customer lives another side of the planet and rather emails to you than calls, due to bad english and expensive long distance calls?

DRD RACING HEADS wrote:
We have changed our Email to
[email protected]

We have recently found out that are [email protected] email has been un reliable for the quite some time.
Unfortanely, you only hear 1 side of the story here on the old middy internet, and that is the bad and venting side.
We are much too busy to play internet police for sure, and don't visit this forum much.
Our phone lines are open 24/7 and our answer service is active 24/7, but we never get a call from the customers complaints, but everyone is a big man behind a key board on the internet.

Thank you, and Good Luck to all with your projects!
DRD RACING HEADS LLC

ridge racer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: one more time Reply with quote

Since I got my new 2276 turn key motor back in march 2010. I need to do another rebuild due to the F***ing flywheel coming off!!
This is after Darren redid the new build now 4times for the same thing!
I have put 400 miles total on this motor with 4 rebuilds from DRD! How the hell is he staying in buisness if he can't even use a tourqe wrench?
I'm done with him as he made me sign off on this build (AS IS).
F/U Darren
90' cr500 motar & dirt
all street legal for ca.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sigurd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeouch.
johnwesley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this thread was a scary find for me after I had talked with DRD about an engine build. I called on 12/3/13 and discussed options on what I wanted and my limits i had to work in . Three calls later on the same day and I placed an order. He said he should be able to have it done and shipped by the 20th, which is today. I have my tracking number and engine is on the way. All I can say is he was great to work with for me. Every thing went smooth and he was able to pull it off before I thought he could. I am excited to get the engine in and take it for a spin. This is my first VW engine I have bought and its just a basic 2276, should be fun.

Thanks Darren Applause

So when its time for a carb and head kit I'll be back Dancing
johnwesley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engine came I today. Looks good. I'll post pics later
smitty24
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only vouch for Darren's L5 and L7 heads...not his engines etc.

Just received my 2nd set of L5s...very nice castings compared to the older ones. Finish work is much cleaner, not flawless but damn near it. My old castings were purely Chinese quality, but not anywhere as nice. That set was purchased back in 2011 or late 2010. Those heads were nice, despite finish. I ordered from [email protected] and had the heads within 2 weeks, flycut and at my house. This current pair was ordered, machined, and at my house in less than 10 days. Only issue I have is that for $940, the matching intake gaskets couldn't be included! Sad

Another issue...I have to agree with some of the others that it is a real pain trying to reach him. I have bought 2 sets of his heads, but NEVER from him directly. I went through John Connolly at Aircooled.net. John can have my business since he will actually respond to my emails and answer my questions when Im standing in his office during his lunch hour!
I emailed Darren and called multiple times, about 3 years ago. Gave up and went through John, since I really wanted to try out the L5s.

I have looked into other heads over the past couple years, but I like Darren's overall designs and CNC port work. They are thick in the areas that count and I, along with a buddy that bought his L7 for a turbo 2276 have NOT had any issues with cracking or anything else.

Another bad thing is that the prices have gotten higher, compared to what they used to cost (but worth the money). I would buy his heads again! Hope this helps anyone who is debating getting heads from him.
petemart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a L6 top end kit with the SLR cam and lifters etc, some scat 1.4 ratios and some push rods off DRD a few months ago simply due to the fact he uses the 049 castings.

He responded to my emails promptly and gave me the combo he thinks would work on a 1904 weekend warrior (basically a Fk8 with 1.4 ratios and 44 webers, so nothing mind blowing)

All the parts arrived fine and I noticed everything looked repackaged.
I haven't pulled the heads apart yet to make sure everything is ok, but what was glaringly obvious was the fact the CNC match ported (nasty looking redline casting) manifolds on both heads sit 2mm lower than the inlets when put into position.

At first Darren responded by telling me he'd run the program for years with no problems but he would look into it, then after I emailing him again (I'm in Australia and he never answers the phone anyway) he told his CNC was down but he would sort the issue out.

That was November last years and even after sending at least 3 emails since I've had no reply and even the last email I sent I said i got the feeling he was washing his hands of me..

I was very into vws 20 years ago when a student and worked for a high performance vw shop here in Sydney and in my time built more than a few sweet berg/pauter motors.
This is my first engine build after selling everything 15+ yrs ago and trying to shake the habit, so while im not up to speed with the cnc head designs Im no fool with engine parts and what I should be getting.

I get the feeling Darren is a very knowledgable guy and these heads on the surface look great, but he couldn't give a shit when you question his work.

This is such a rookie mistake I would have expected him to be falling over himself to sort it out to shut me up with missmatched CNC machined.

Of everything I bought off him, the only thing he produced was sent out completely unchecked and nowhere 'ready to run out of the box' as he quoted.

The cam and lifters are Steve Long and everything else looks scat or even worse AA.

I wish I gave John at Aircooled the overhead to deal with him as John's knowledge/feedback on this forum was the reason why i bought the drd's.

I've now had the manifolds rectified at my additional cost and they are still not the cnc match you would expect.

Bottom line from the other feedback on here, if you want his heads get them from Aircooled as they have everything else DRD re package because if what DRD sends you has an issue, good luck with it! Smile Sad Mad
sloboatnova
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: 049 big valve heads Reply with quote

Just ordered a set of heads. Invoice said it could take 7 to 21 days to ship. Mine shipped in 5 days. Not bad at all. They came in last night and look good.

I would use DRD again.

3BT Baja build page
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=417564&highlight=3bt+baja
satana
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made my order since Aug 2013 and still have not receive all my parts yet Sad
satana
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

satana wrote:
I made my order since Aug 2013 and still have not receive all my parts yet Sad

Sorry my bad, deposit was made in September 2013 and full payment was made
on November 6 ( after I received an email saying that my shipment is ready). I have
so far received 3 out of total 4 boxes.
I have never been rude in my several emails that I've sent to him but only to be
left ignored.
I know he is a busy man but there are obligations that a business should follow.

I know he will ship them but just when?

fwiw the last 2 items are A1 Sidewinder Exhaust and a set of tuned Weber 48 IDA.

I am still hoping everyday that the post office will call me, Please make that happen
satana
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's been over a month since my last post and I'm still waiting.
I don't really know how long I really want to wait.

I tried to email again to [email protected] but no reply.

I simply think now that if he can't deliver those 2 items.

I'll be happy to get my refund and buy them from somewhere else.

Thanks
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will email him too
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
satana
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one week ...
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed him on August 10, 2014.
He did not reply to me either and I see he has not visited the site since August 9, 2014 right now so I removed all of his ads.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
satana
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

two weeks...
DRD RACING HEADS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have been closed on vacation most of august, please email us, so we can resolve the issues or give us a call.

We sell What Works!
HTTP://WWW.DRDRACINGHEADS.COM
Email [email protected]
Phone-714-545-4100
DRD Online Store
HTTP://WWW.DRDRACINGHEADS.COM/Xcart/
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: