Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

slow moving
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
chucko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: slow moving Reply with quote

i finally got my ride on the street for a test drive, and man it was slow. no way it would make it on the sand. what could my problem be. it is a 67 with a stock transmission and stock axles.
pafree
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not knowing your setup. lets through out some ideals. first, what is slow top end or take off. take off, maybe your tires are too big. engine out of time. clutch slipping.
chucko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all gears are pretty slow. in first i should be able to move alitttle faster. 2nd and third are the worst. you talked about timing what is a good timeing on a 1641cc i believe i have it timed to 7 1/2 degrees before tdc at 2500 rpms. the clutch is alittle soft. i have to let the clutch out almost all the way before i start moving..

the second problem is with my rack in pinion set up. i thought that i had it centered but i guess not i go one tire that is not straight. i have a warrior beam 2 1/2 arms stock spindles with reinforcement. how do i get it centered right. the tie rods should match up. they are made for a warrior beam.
bajagunny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: slow Reply with quote

sounds like your timeing is off
it should be 30-32 degrees at 3000rpm so fix that first
as for your tie rods
adjust them by turning them they will straighten out your wheels
you should first try to get them the same distance from center then adjust them so that you have approx 1/8" shorter distance in front or toe in
hers a good link for all your vw needs

http://www.1800vw.bizhosting.com/page_index.htm
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: