Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 127, 128, 129 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmencrew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

Thanks, I will post some pics
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

Do these type turn signals have the semaphore cutout underneath?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

Usually, though I suppose one could put them on a car that didn't come with semaphores. All splits came with semsphores originally.
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

sportin-wood wrote:
Do these type turn signals have the semaphore cutout underneath?

Yes. At a minimum for the wiring.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Martenni
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1991654

Quote:
first registration was in January 17, 1949

Nope.
Porsche904
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

...has allready big tank, should be built after June? '49
johnshenry Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1995812

Not even a real split speedo. I like how someone spray painted the back of the bulb socket too. Is it really that hard to pull it out???

'57 Deluxe
'56 Single Cab
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

johnshenry wrote:

Not even a real split speedo. I like how someone spray painted the back of the bulb socket too. Is it really that hard to pull it out???

What's the speedo from? Or is it just the wrong housing?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
johnshenry wrote:

Probably a decal'ed face. The housing, and the pod details are late split; larger, cylindrical housing, PVC wires, piggy back fuse on the ignition switch housing. But the face is the "full circle" graphics with the full round circles in the center. That is early split. The giveaway is that the circles go through odometer holes and the odometer holes are separate. On a real full circle, early face, the circle goes under the odometer opening, and the opening is one, wide rectangular hole. I'm sure there is a pic in the gallery somewhere of that face.

That pod isn't worth a third of the asking price IMO.

'57 Deluxe
'56 Single Cab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

The correct split speedo face.

'57 Deluxe
'56 Single Cab
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

johnshenry wrote:
EverettB wrote:
johnshenry wrote:

Probably a decal'ed face. The housing, and the pod details are late split; larger, cylindrical housing, PVC wires, piggy back fuse on the ignition switch housing. But the face is the "full circle" graphics with the full round circles in the center. That is early split. The giveaway is that the circles go through odometer holes and the odometer holes are separate. On a real full circle, early face, the circle goes under the odometer opening, and the opening is one, wide rectangular hole. I'm sure there is a pic in the gallery somewhere of that face.

That pod isn't worth a third of the asking price IMO.

Thank you. I'm still confused though - Is it not a Split speedo at all or it just has the wrong face for that pod?

His ad doesn't say it's "early" so could it be late Split but sort of a mishmash of parts with the wrong face?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

Face graphic and pod are mismatched ('49/'50 and 'mid '51/'52) but more important is that that the graphic/screening on the face is not correct for the type/odometer holes on the face. The later split speedo has that housing and the center circles are flat at the top and the odometer number holes in separated like that one.

To be fair, I don't really see evidence of a decal, but it is definitely the wrong face graphic for that style of face. Make sense??

'57 Deluxe
'56 Single Cab
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

Yes, I understand now. Someone put the wrong face on that speedo.

Early face on late speedo / late pod
3foldfolly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

November 55,1956 model according to suspect serial # stamping.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2001351
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2005134

Interesting car but I'd change a few things (tires, engine) and add missing parts (window scrapers) before I'd ask for that price.

Plus, I never understand why folks do a nice shiny paint job on the outside and ignore the engine compartment.
vwtoyguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

nlorntson wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2005134

Interesting car but I'd change a few things (tires, engine) and add missing parts (window scrapers) before I'd ask for that price.

Plus, I never understand why folks do a nice shiny paint job on the outside and ignore the engine compartment.

Last time I saw this car it was full of mud to the seats. It came out of Arkansas as a flood victim. Nice to see he does not note that in the ad. Rolling Eyes If you look closely at the door panels you can see the water line.
1967 Beetle Volksrod Project
1967 Beetle Ratrod project
1971 Super Beetle
1971 Squareback
1971 Bus
1972 Beetle
1973 German market standard Beetle
1974 Super Beetle Baja
1988 Scirocco

Home of the most knowledgeable Herbie The Love Bug enthusiasts on the Web

Last edited by vwtoyguy on Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

vwtoyguy wrote:

Last time I saw this car it was full of mud to the seats. It came out of Arkansas as a flood victim. Nice to see he does not note that in the ad. If you look closely at the door panels you can see the water line.

1950 hoffman standard split beetle show winner Price: 60000

rare hoffman car. runs drive stops road worthy. cable brakes. repainted original color.has birth cert. i was going to keep this car forever but i have my eye on another classic. all five correct 16" rims, whitewalls. 36hp engine that has been rebuilt. crank start apron and crank nut sonit does crank start and is a hit at the shows! trans, engine oil, gas, grease is all good! running driving stopping split. 7th oldest surving split imported to us according to registry. kdf caps NOT included. i have standard caps that match paint. no holes in floor and solid all the way around! paint is older and has a chip or two. pretty awesome car that hold bragging rights! 1st time listed. may take partial trade for 356. cash in person. choice or t air filter or cyclone (pictured)
vwtoyguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

I bet that car has mud in the heater channels still. The water came up over the carb.

The guy that owned it here in Arkansas had other Beetles that met the same fate and sold this one to redo his Oval Cabriolet. I know for a fact he sold it with full disclosure (in fact he never even cleaned up the mud and the motor was stuck from water getting in it.) So this current owner should know what happened to the car. The motor was full of water and the last I heard was that the new owner had drained it and got it unstuck so who knows what condition the motor internals are in.
1967 Beetle Volksrod Project
1967 Beetle Ratrod project
1971 Super Beetle
1971 Squareback
1971 Bus
1972 Beetle
1973 German market standard Beetle
1974 Super Beetle Baja
1988 Scirocco

Home of the most knowledgeable Herbie The Love Bug enthusiasts on the Web
117harv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2006130

no engine, seats, wheels, W lid, bumpers, seems a bit high?
bubba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

117harv wrote:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2006130

no engine, seats, wheels, W lid, bumpers, seems a bit high?

Wrong fenders and hood.. So you get a rusty shell for 20k.. Crazy!!
curtain Bungee cords for SO23, 22, 33 ,34 ,35
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1587591
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 127, 128, 129 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
Jump to:
Page 128 of 157

Jump to: