Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Road Trip to TN to pick up moby
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
winkshog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Road Trip to TN to pick up moby Reply with quote

Well the time has come to pick up Moby (85 GL w/ac) meeting my brother in Tenn to do a swap anyone know of a good place to do a swap north of Chattanooga and south of Nashville. I am open if you know of a good place to catch some ZZZZ and a shower. will be getting in around 4 in the morning. thanks for the info.

sean
Loghome for sale For those that want to get away from it all....
winkshog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is going to be his name and you can call me Ahab(sp). I left on the trip to pick him up. I had to use my sister pick-up the canyon can not handle the load. She had it at the dealer to make sure all was good to go for the trip 1900.00 later I pick up it up. Take it home get all my stuff load for the trip. Wake up go to work spend the morning on the phone and then call it a day. I head to pick up the trailer at her house. Go to make the last turn to her house and the brake petal goes soft and the anti lock break light comes on #$%^!!!! I am able to make it to her house and back up to the trailer and see a line in the snow, brake fluid. S#$%!!! my sister live in BF 30min from any Auto part store and there in not a 2nd car. I get to sit around unit 5 that is the 1st time any one can come and get me.

I look over the breaks and it is the main line from front to back. not something I wanted to mess with. I did not have any of my tools take care of it in time to meet up with my brother. So I call him and cancel the trip.

Trip #2 cancel that name is real starting to stick.

thanks for putting up with my rant
Loghome for sale For those that want to get away from it all....
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: