Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

roof latch needed
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rev. Scott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: roof latch needed Reply with quote

i know this aint the place for a want ad but i didnt get a sastisfactory responce in the apropriate place...i bought a soft top here on thesamba and it came without the latches that secure it to the windscreen. the ones ive seen for sale are horribly expensive. does anyone have a pair of these latches? know of a resonible source? also the seams on the top are rotting but the top is in reasonable shape...anyone ever (gasp) glue the seams?...thanx for what help you have in advance...yeah, spring!...
kubelmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine Goop is the prodct that everyone who knows anything uses o reapir a soft top. BAck it up with marine grade upholstery material and be sure it is over 60 F ouside...

If you want a cheap set of soft top latches go to the dollar store and buy a pair of chinese vise grips or $2.99 or pay $100 plus shipping for real ones..... There are some stainless steel hatch latches that sell for around $30 that are far better/stronger but tougher to use tha stock stuff. West Marine used to carry them and I put them on over 20 Things. Now, I have no idea where to find them... A seam latch is not that unique but stock thing latches are......
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: